BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So maddog headers really have a SCJ flange?

5 posters

Go down

So maddog headers really have a SCJ flange? Empty So maddog headers really have a SCJ flange?

Post  Proeliator August 20th 2009, 7:04 pm

I'm scraping together ideas for what to do with my exhaust. SCJ heads limit the optimal possibilities. I've "heard" that the maddog headers all use a SCJ sized exhaust flange; but this has never been confirmed by anybody running a SCJ head. Input or suggestions?

Proeliator

Back to top Go down

So maddog headers really have a SCJ flange? Empty Re: So maddog headers really have a SCJ flange?

Post  digger460 August 20th 2009, 7:39 pm

I had a set of Maddog headers and loved them. They do for sure have the CJ exhaust size. The only reason sold them was because I went to upright headers.
So maddog headers really have a SCJ flange? Pictureqdi
So maddog headers really have a SCJ flange? 1000080y
digger460
digger460

Back to top Go down

So maddog headers really have a SCJ flange? Empty Re: So maddog headers really have a SCJ flange?

Post  FORDMUD August 20th 2009, 7:51 pm

I too have them on a cj head. On my 78 f150 they fit pretty well. Had to do a little trimming though.
FORDMUD
FORDMUD

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy August 20th 2009, 9:24 pm

MadDog makes several different header numbers to fit the big block Ford engine in different chsassis.
The 2" Fox chassis conversion headers I have use the SCJ flange.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  IcallhimGeorge August 20th 2009, 10:44 pm

yeah Seth, mine are CJ flange as well. Very nice quality and beautiful welds.

If you get them Jethot coated they look sick!

The only fitment issue I had, other than the driver side front cab mount which I think every fender exit header on a 73-79 will have, is the steering shaft. I had to dimple one primary tube to clear the steering shaft.
IcallhimGeorge
IcallhimGeorge
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Proeliator August 21st 2009, 9:52 pm

Thanks for the feedback. When I welded up the custom mount for the 2x4 box to get the proper pitman arm orientation it actually raised the steering link angle a good bit....I'm probably okay there. Naturally, my brake lines will have to be moved but what I'm most concerned about is that my clutch linkage bracket mounts on top of the frame right there and I don't see how it wouldn't interfere.

Hey Kris, what are the chances of you snapping a pic of how your maddogs exit over the frame on the driver side?

I was really considering just welding up four zoomies per side, but in the environment I run in I'd need semi style flap caps and eight of them would just look silly imo.

Proeliator

Back to top Go down

Post  digger460 August 21st 2009, 11:42 pm

Will this help? Maddog fenderwell headers
So maddog headers really have a SCJ flange? Digger064u
digger460
digger460

Back to top Go down

Post  IcallhimGeorge August 22nd 2009, 3:25 am

buy you a set of TFS streets or other raised exhaust port heads that cant the exhaust outwards and you will have serious fitment issues.

Its a super tight fit between the shaft and my headers. Im looking in to ways to redo my stock steering now for more clearance.
IcallhimGeorge
IcallhimGeorge
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  digger460 August 22nd 2009, 1:14 pm

I'm using a chevy power steering box on my truck and works good.
digger460
digger460

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down