BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody familiar w these companys?

4 posters

Go down

Anybody familiar w these companys? Empty Anybody familiar w these companys?

Post  dirt_worker Wed 9 Jun 2010 - 17:11

Hey guys!
Anyone familiar w. JET transportation inc or Bennett truck transport? Do any of ya'll transport new RV'S from factory to the dealers? I'm thinking about getting into it to fill the gap between my constuction Jobs. Both these transport companys have contracts w local plants.
Any advice or info would help.
Thanks,
Mike
dirt_worker
dirt_worker

Back to top Go down

Anybody familiar w these companys? Empty Re: Anybody familiar w these companys?

Post  jones Wed 9 Jun 2010 - 17:20

My aunt and uncle did this and they loved it. I don't know if they used the two companies you mentioned but they traveled all over the US. I'll try to ask who they worked for.

You could always work at Yellow Stone National Park. They would work from the time the gates opened til they closed for the season.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 Wed 9 Jun 2010 - 17:25

dirt_worker wrote:Hey guys!
Anyone familiar w. JET transportation inc or Bennett truck transport? Do any of ya'll transport new RV'S from factory to the dealers? I'm thinking about getting into it to fill the gap between my constuction Jobs. Both these transport companys have contracts w local plants.
Any advice or info would help.
Thanks,
Mike

Bout time you showed back up................ I will try to call you tonight.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper Wed 9 Jun 2010 - 17:38

I hauled a couple loads doin this a few years back. I liked it, but the companies had a hard time as any joe blow with a 1 ton was haulin 5th wheelers and they cut throat the hell out of each other. A lot of the companies couldnt compete and went under, or scaled back, and the 1 ton guys ended up with 500,000 miles on their pickups still owing 20grand.
I'm not sure if they've weeded all the 1 ton cowboys out but they kinda ruined a good thing.
I hauled 3 enclosed trailers one way, and 2 conversion vans back. With a T300 and a light duty 53 ft deck. I also made a run with my old diesel haulin a 30 ft 5th wheel camper.
the decking was pretty easy, they had a winch on the truck and a jig that went into the hitch of the trailers and ran on a rail on the trailer. Didn't take long to load up and go.

I cant answer for the 2 companies you listed though.
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down