BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Check out my buddy's T-Bolt Clone...............

+9
knrclark
512Fairlane
whitefield
res0rli9
bbf-falcon
whatbumper
the Coug
bb429power
ThndrChkn
13 posters

Go down

Check out my buddy's T-Bolt Clone............... Empty Check out my buddy's T-Bolt Clone...............

Post  ThndrChkn July 12th 2010, 10:04 pm

This is my friend Randy Shaw's car from Lincoln Montana. For now, it has a 416" FE in it with some iron 390 Industrial heads I ported for him. We put this engine together for him to run until his 511" (I think) Blue Thunder headed FE is done.

He did the same thing with this that I did with my truck. Meaning, he built most, if not all of it himself from the ground up, including the headers.
Check out my buddy's T-Bolt Clone............... IMG_7571
Check out my buddy's T-Bolt Clone............... IMG_7572
Check out my buddy's T-Bolt Clone............... IMG_7573
Check out my buddy's T-Bolt Clone............... IMG_7574
Check out my buddy's T-Bolt Clone............... IMG_7575
Check out my buddy's T-Bolt Clone............... IMG_7576
Check out my buddy's T-Bolt Clone............... IMG_7577
Check out my buddy's T-Bolt Clone............... IMG_7578
Cool car indeed.

'Course, it ain't no "Banana", but we can't have everything. lol! lol!

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Check out my buddy's T-Bolt Clone............... Empty Re: Check out my buddy's T-Bolt Clone...............

Post  bb429power July 12th 2010, 10:07 pm

I love thunderbolts! Especially the tear drop hood scoop and screened off headlight doors for the intake. I want to put a teardrop hood scoop on my f100. Very Happy That's the plan!
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Check out my buddy's T-Bolt Clone............... Empty Re: Check out my buddy's T-Bolt Clone...............

Post  the Coug July 12th 2010, 10:08 pm

bb429power wrote:I love thunderbolts! Especially the tear drop hood scoop and screened off headlight doors for the intake. I want to put a teardrop hood scoop on my f100. Very Happy That's the plan!

gimme a shout when you wanta teardrop I think I still have one hangin in the garage.....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 12th 2010, 10:11 pm

the Coug wrote:
bb429power wrote:I love thunderbolts! Especially the tear drop hood scoop and screened off headlight doors for the intake. I want to put a teardrop hood scoop on my f100. Very Happy That's the plan!

gimme a shout when you wanta teardrop I think I still have one hangin in the garage.....

Randy
Okay, I'll have to check with my dad. I'll be needing one soon but I don't need one yesterday or anything. What would you want for it? About...
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper July 12th 2010, 10:40 pm

okay, now THAT is cool. I am tired of seeing fox body cars. (yeah, I have one).

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 12th 2010, 10:48 pm

Kind of strange being that I was just talking about the new cobra jet and the old thunderbolt factory drag cars about an hour ago. And yeah, I'm tired of mustangs too but some look dang good. Mt uncle just brought his v6 2011 mustang over, one HELL of a nice car. Spun the tires easily, he said it had 305hp stock.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon July 12th 2010, 10:48 pm

Me likey Doug,I still love the FE's,especially in a Thunderbolt clone. Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 July 12th 2010, 10:58 pm

yes a Thunderbolt clone with an FE.. just plan KOOL Smile

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield July 12th 2010, 11:07 pm

Nice car what kind of wheels are those? Cool
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Check out my buddy's T-Bolt Clone............... Empty Nice!

Post  512Fairlane July 12th 2010, 11:13 pm

Very nice. I might be slightly biased but I love those cars! Very Happy
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn July 12th 2010, 11:29 pm

whitefield wrote:Nice car what kind of wheels are those? Cool

I don't know what they are, but they're pretty nice lookin' wheels.

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Check out my buddy's T-Bolt Clone............... Empty Cool

Post  knrclark July 12th 2010, 11:34 pm

Very nice car Doug. I used to run FE's about 25 years ago. I loved those things. I just was not good enough to keep one together.
knrclark
knrclark
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bluef100fe July 13th 2010, 9:25 am

Very nice car, i might be a bit biased with the motor choice though.... Smile
bluef100fe
bluef100fe

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn July 13th 2010, 11:09 am

I don't mind the FE's. They can be built to make good power. But, they're like buildin' a stinkin' Mopar. Expensive!

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  bluef100fe July 13th 2010, 2:10 pm

are my eyes getting bad or are there four coils mounted on the firewall and no dizzy? If so.... Whats up with that setup?
bluef100fe
bluef100fe

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty July 13th 2010, 2:22 pm

That is a work of art. I love it. Very Happy
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn July 13th 2010, 3:48 pm

bluef100fe wrote:are my eyes getting bad or are there four coils mounted on the firewall and no dizzy? If so.... Whats up with that setup?

No sir, your eyes are not bad. That's what they call an Electromotive Electronic Ignition. It's used in conjunction with a laptop, and is supposed to be a pretty hot unit. He has the old version of the same ignition on his Mustang II that I have in a few of my vids from last year, and when he gets up on the chip on the starting line, that thing throws 2 feet of flame out the collectors. The starting line guys said they just hate that car, 'cause they can feel the concussion from the exhaust. Laughing Laughing

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 13th 2010, 5:36 pm

ThndrChkn wrote:
bluef100fe wrote:are my eyes getting bad or are there four coils mounted on the firewall and no dizzy? If so.... Whats up with that setup?

No sir, your eyes are not bad. That's what they call an Electromotive Electronic Ignition. It's used in conjunction with a laptop, and is supposed to be a pretty hot unit. He has the old version of the same ignition on his Mustang II that I have in a few of my vids from last year, and when he gets up on the chip on the starting line, that thing throws 2 feet of flame out the collectors. The starting line guys said they just hate that car, 'cause they can feel the concussion from the exhaust. Laughing Laughing

Doug... Cool
Shocked Dang, why does it shoot a flame? The spark is that good or is it a flame thrower setup on the collectors?
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn July 13th 2010, 6:42 pm

Here's a vid from last year Justin:
Check out my buddy's T-Bolt Clone............... Th_007

One could roast a marshmellow or 2 in that there flame. Shocked Laughing

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 13th 2010, 7:11 pm

Shocked I thought the exhaust was under the car at first. I wonder what causes it to do that, must be the excess fuel in the collectors burning off from hitting the rev limiter. It looks pretty cool.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  cletus66 July 13th 2010, 9:43 pm

SWEEEEEEET !! Twisted Evil
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Merkl July 14th 2010, 10:55 am

Doug ,just a note ,the fuel pressure reg should not be mounted on the firewall as it needs to be mounted 6" ahead of the flexplate (NHRA 1.5)
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down