BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Engine Finally Ready To Drop Back In

+8
bruno
billandlori
56Tbird
ThndrChkn
Mark Miller
bbf-falcon
Nevs
patfromjersey
12 posters

Go down

Engine Finally Ready To Drop Back In Empty Engine Finally Ready To Drop Back In

Post  patfromjersey July 17th 2010, 9:09 pm

After pulling my engine out to swap over to a C6, I decided to freshen up some gaskets, a little touch up paint, and check the torque settings on my amateur build. Everything is back together, and I'm going to drop it back in when Dan's spacer plate gets here. Cool

It sure looks a lot cleaner than it was at the Bash this year. Laughing

Engine Finally Ready To Drop Back In 521636

Engine Finally Ready To Drop Back In 521638

Engine Finally Ready To Drop Back In 521640

Engine Finally Ready To Drop Back In 521641

Oh yeah, while I had the engine out, I put this little baby in there to help with the burnouts. It mounted nicely behind the shock tower. cheers cheers affraid Twisted Evil

Engine Finally Ready To Drop Back In Linelock
patfromjersey
patfromjersey
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Engine Finally Ready To Drop Back In Empty Re: Engine Finally Ready To Drop Back In

Post  Nevs July 17th 2010, 9:22 pm

Looking good! Cool
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Engine Finally Ready To Drop Back In Empty Re: Engine Finally Ready To Drop Back In

Post  bbf-falcon July 17th 2010, 9:23 pm

Lookin good Pat Smile You will like the auto. Is it a stock tranny or has it been gone thru w/goody's?

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  patfromjersey July 17th 2010, 9:29 pm

It has a full manual reverse valve body, heavy duty clutches, "R" billet servo, and a transbrake. It also came with a PTC 10" 4000 stall converter. This is that one I bought from Rich Talley at the Bash. When I took the pan off to check it out, it looked great! Rich said it was working fine when he took it out, and he went with a Power Glide. His engine has A LOT more power than mine, so this should do the trick. I just have to install the B&M Quicksilver shifter I have, the trans cooler lines, and trans cooler and temp gauge. Cool Shouldn't be long now until I'm cruising the Jersey Shore once again. I can't wait to take it to Raceway Park, and finally see what this 521 can do. Twisted Evil
patfromjersey
patfromjersey
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller July 18th 2010, 1:16 am

That engine looks nice i like the Blue valve covers and the Super Cobra Jet high lighted in blue.

Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn July 18th 2010, 1:20 am

Lookin' good there Pat. Cool Cool

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird July 18th 2010, 1:47 am

I sent the plate out wednesday Pat ,I was hoping you'd have before the weekend king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori July 18th 2010, 3:27 am

Nice detail work!! Good luck finishing it and hope it runs strong for you!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno July 18th 2010, 6:34 am

looks clean Pat ..... get er back out there and let her eat !!!! Cool

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  bosshoss July 18th 2010, 11:24 am

Just a question Pat. When you plumbed your line loc did you only hook up one front brake to it?. From the pick it looks like you only have the line loc on the right front brake line. Just curious?

dkp
bosshoss
bosshoss
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  patfromjersey July 18th 2010, 11:57 am

Thanks guys! Cool Maybe the spacer will be here tomorrow Dan; I'll let you know when it does. Thanks again for sending it to me. Cool

Just a question Pat. When you plumbed your line loc did you only hook up one front brake to it?. From the pick it looks like you only have the line loc on the right front brake line. Just curious?

It doesn't look like it, but that fitting is a "T" fitting. The right side of it goes to the front driver's side, and the left side goes to the front passenger side, running across the firewall. Thanks for looking out for me though. I'm not as sharp as a lot of you guys, and I can miss things. I'm sharp as a bowling ball. Laughing
patfromjersey
patfromjersey
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  NO FAIR July 18th 2010, 1:05 pm

Have fun installing those headers Pat Wink
Dave
NO FAIR
NO FAIR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon July 18th 2010, 2:27 pm

NO FAIR wrote:Have fun installing those headers Pat Wink
Dave

I had a set like that on the Maverick. They are actually fairly easy if the shock towers are trimmed.At least mine was. Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  bosshoss July 18th 2010, 2:28 pm

Ok I see that now. Cool deal really love those old Fairlanes.

dkp
bosshoss
bosshoss
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  patfromjersey July 19th 2010, 1:44 pm

The headers are actually pretty easy to install. I did cut the shock towers, which made it even easier. I don't think the shiny paint will last long. At least I got the photo session it. Laughing
patfromjersey
patfromjersey
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  duff429 July 19th 2010, 2:11 pm

looks good pat. are those crites headers?
duff429
duff429

Back to top Go down

Post  patfromjersey July 19th 2010, 3:29 pm

Yeah, those are Crites headers. I like this newer deal where all 4 tubes slide in the collector seperately. I had a previous version, back in 1996, where the back two tubes were welded in the collector. It a lot easier installing this way.
patfromjersey
patfromjersey
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony M July 20th 2010, 5:40 pm

Let me know when you plan to head to the track. If I can, I will come down to see the Fairlane run those Chevy's out of town. Very Happy
Tony M
Tony M

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down