BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cast iron RHS 460 head?

+18
Paul Kane
DanH
frank13
plovett
richter69
BB94STANG
cool40
IDT-572
cheatham
DJOHAGIN
cletus66
dfree383
Mark Laczo
BOSS 429
95lightiningguy
rmcomprandy
lghting94
4speed
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cast iron RHS 460 head? Empty Cast iron RHS 460 head?

Post  4speed September 13th 2010, 9:27 pm

Has anyone ever heard of or had any of these heads? Seen some on the net forsale and was just curious as to how good/bad they were from a performance stand point. These are the first ones I've ever seen or heard of. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks -A
4speed
4speed

Back to top Go down

Cast iron RHS 460 head? Empty Re: Cast iron RHS 460 head?

Post  lghting94 September 13th 2010, 10:49 pm

Do you have a link?
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy September 14th 2010, 12:24 am

4speed wrote:Has anyone ever heard of or had any of these heads? Seen some on the net forsale and was just curious as to how good/bad they were from a performance stand point. These are the first ones I've ever seen or heard of. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks -A

I don't know if they still have them however, they were thicker replacement F.I. castings; both E8TE and F3TE.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  4speed September 14th 2010, 8:06 pm

Here is the link, they say they have more than 40 of them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/460-FORD-CYLINDER-HEAD-NEW-SEE-DESCRIPTION-INFO-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem335f8e597eQQitemZ220646496638QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
4speed
4speed

Back to top Go down

Post  95lightiningguy September 14th 2010, 9:40 pm

I saw those and they just didnt feel right then, and still dont now. affraid
95lightiningguy
95lightiningguy

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 September 14th 2010, 11:41 pm

95lightiningguy wrote:I saw those and they just didnt feel right then, and still dont now. affraid

ITS A REPLACEMENT EFI HEAD, no need to worry, large open chamber,small ports, just like all the efi 460 heads
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Cast iron RHS 460 head? Empty Link

Post  Mark Laczo September 14th 2010, 11:42 pm

Try this it may help.

http://www.reincarnation-automotive.com/RHPD3Index.html

FWIW Mark
Mark Laczo
Mark Laczo

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 September 15th 2010, 5:15 am

Mark Laczo wrote:Try this it may help.

FWIW Mark

over priced D3 replacement........
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cletus66 September 15th 2010, 12:24 pm

dfree383 wrote:

FWIW Mark

I have been seriously considering a set of them for my F250 tow rig. Add up the time for porting my D3's, and money for new valves and springs and other hardware, and the fact that I am a lazy S.O.B. , and it doesn't sound too bad. Embarassed Laughing Laughing
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 September 15th 2010, 12:38 pm

cletus66 wrote:
dfree383 wrote:

FWIW Mark

I have been seriously considering a set of them for my F250 tow rig. Add up the time for porting my D3's, and money for new valves and springs and other hardware, and the fact that I am a lazy S.O.B. , and it doesn't sound too bad. Embarassed Laughing Laughing

If your going to spend $1495-$1995 for a ported set of those your better off getting some TFS Streets or Ford Racing SCJ's.... Much better money spent and way more room to grow IMO.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  DJOHAGIN September 15th 2010, 7:38 pm

dfree383 wrote:over priced D3 replacement........

Are you mumbling?

I heard you couldn't even stand like a man, and here you are, still trying to low blow Scott.

I keep telling you to act like a man, and you're not getting it.

Dave

BTW, every head has an application. TFS, SCJ, and P-51 heads are not the answer to everything.

DJOHAGIN

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy September 15th 2010, 8:45 pm

DJOHAGIN wrote:

Are you mumbling?

I heard you couldn't even stand like a man, and here you are, still trying to low blow Scott.

Dave

BTW, every head has an application. TFS, SCJ, and P-51 heads are not the answer to everything.

A person stating their opinion is exactly that ... no more and no less whether it is a right opinion or not.

Calling people names and reading into that opinion is a different story altogether. Talk about "low blows".

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  cheatham September 15th 2010, 9:01 pm

Even dare I say it...Procomps..LOL just get them bare and out fit with good hardware. rmcomprandy could probably make um shine pretty good.
That is for a D3 replacement, and aluminum too boot
cheatham
cheatham

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy September 15th 2010, 9:33 pm

cheatham wrote:Even dare I say it...Procomps..LOL just get them bare and out fit with good hardware. rmcomprandy could probably make um shine pretty good.
That is for a D3 replacement, and aluminum too boot

ProComps are a good investment for those wanting an aluminum head and the performance of a big valve factory iron regular port head. People with Street Rods, Show Cars, cruisin' Street Machines and exposed marine engines are the major clientel.
Again, they are not meant to compete as a race head.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 September 15th 2010, 11:39 pm

DJOHAGIN wrote:

Are you mumbling?

Dave

I guess if you can stick your nose in, I can too. Your out of line. You need to mind your own business . Dave and Scotties deal is between them. And I don't have a problem with either of them. You just stunk up a good thread. And I know I didn't help it any either. Evil or Very Mad
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 September 15th 2010, 11:52 pm

IDT-572 wrote:
DJOHAGIN wrote:

Are you mumbling?

Dave

I guess if you can stick your nose in, I can too. Your out of line. You need to mind your own business . Dave and Scotties deal is between them. And I don't have a problem with either of them. You just stunk up a good thread. And I know I didn't help it any either. Evil or Very Mad
SHIT starter! come over to my IDT post and join the pissen contest,you'll fit in. Laughing
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 September 16th 2010, 7:03 am

DJOHAGIN wrote:

Are you mumbling?

Dave

Wow.... The real expert has spoke Rolling Eyes

Let me repeat myself...... OVER PRICED D3 REPLACEMENT..... Did you hear it now????? Let me Say it again just to make sure...... OVER PRICED D3 REPLACEMENT...... That should clear up the idea that I was Mumbling.......

And mind your own business Jerk off.....
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BB94STANG September 16th 2010, 8:18 am

Heard ya loud and clear Freelander.....the first time. Very Happy
BB94STANG
BB94STANG

Back to top Go down

Post  DJOHAGIN September 16th 2010, 8:50 am

So, let me get this straight, Mark posts this:

FWIW Mark

383 posts this:

dfree383 wrote:

FWIW Mark

So, it is alright that Scott sells a produdt, and 383 can tell everyone that it overpriced and to go with TFS or SCJ. That is not an opinion. If someone else said that, maybe yes, but not 383. If you guys want to believe that 383 was merely stating is opinion, by all means do so. Every head has an application, and it is a far stretch to say what Scott sells is overpriced.

In my opinion,

Dave

DJOHAGIN

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 September 16th 2010, 9:17 am

DJOHAGIN wrote:So, let me get this straight, Mark posts this:

FWIW Mark

383 posts this:

dfree383 wrote:

FWIW Mark

So, it is alright that Scott sells a produdt, and 383 can tell everyone that it overpriced and to go with TFS or SCJ. That is not an opinion. If someone else said that, maybe yes, but not 383. If you guys want to believe that 383 was merely stating is opinion, by all means do so. Every head has an application, and it is a far stretch to say what Scott sells is overpriced.

In my opinion,

Dave

Your not even worth a good argument....... Laughing
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  DJOHAGIN September 16th 2010, 3:30 pm

Argument? Again, 383, you miss the point.

If you and me and a bunch of men where sitting down at a table and having a discussion about what was first brought up in this thread, and you said, "...over priced D3 replacement........", that is mumbling. You didn't make a complete sentence, and there would be no merit in what you said. I would call you on the table, knowing that you and Scott had previous problems, and tell you, "Are you mumbling? I heard you couldn't even stand like a man, and here you are, still trying to low blow Scott. And if you retorted, at that table with, "Let me repeat myself...... OVER PRICED D3 REPLACEMENT..... Did you hear it now????? Let me Say it again just to make sure...... OVER PRICED D3 REPLACEMENT...... That should clear up the idea that I was Mumbling.......And mind your own business Jerk off.....", every man on that table would be looking at you weird, and at that point, I would be crossing over the table to show you what a real jerk off I am.

You have no concept on what it means to interact with men.

"Let me repeat myself...... OVER PRICED D3 REPLACEMENT..... Did you hear it now????? Let me Say it again just to make sure...... OVER PRICED D3 REPLACEMENT...... That should clear up the idea that I was Mumbling", my 10 year-old couldn't/wouldn't even say that.

I type exactly the way I would speak to you, face to face. You do not.

I'm not arguing or the one who started the $hit, but simply for you to act like a man.

Dave

DJOHAGIN

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 September 16th 2010, 3:55 pm

DJOHAGIN wrote:Argument? Again, 383, you miss the point.

If you and me and a bunch of men where sitting down at a table and having a discussion about what was first brought up in this thread, and you said, "...over priced D3 replacement........", that is mumbling. You didn't make a complete sentence, and there would be no merit in what you said. I would call you on the table, knowing that you and Scott had previous problems, and tell you, "Are you mumbling? I heard you couldn't even stand like a man, and here you are, still trying to low blow Scott. And if you retorted, at that table with, "Let me repeat myself...... OVER PRICED D3 REPLACEMENT..... Did you hear it now????? Let me Say it again just to make sure...... OVER PRICED D3 REPLACEMENT...... That should clear up the idea that I was Mumbling.......And mind your own business Jerk off.....", every man on that table would be looking at you weird, and at that point, I would be crossing over the table to show you what a real jerk off I am.

You have no concept on what it means to interact with men.

"Let me repeat myself...... OVER PRICED D3 REPLACEMENT..... Did you hear it now????? Let me Say it again just to make sure...... OVER PRICED D3 REPLACEMENT...... That should clear up the idea that I was Mumbling", my 10 year-old couldn't/wouldn't even say that.

I type exactly the way I would speak to you, face to face. You do not.

I'm not arguing or the one who started the $hit, but simply for you to act like a man.

Dave

Right.......
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cheatham September 16th 2010, 5:12 pm

Suspect Very Happy
cheatham
cheatham

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Laczo September 16th 2010, 6:21 pm

cheatham wrote:What does this Djohagin prick really contribute ? Anytime someone asks something he always need more information then anyone could imagine ! Hell, does he even have a big block ? One thing for sure he has a hard on for Dave. Rolling Eyes

For as long as you have been on this site and the old site you really don't know who or what Djohagin has contibuted. Here is a link to read up on some of the data that goes back to the network 54 days from prior to 2006. It is opinionated but it shows alot of initative and it is giving out info which is helpful to everyone. Whether or not he likes or dislikes Dave 383 has nothing to do with information sharing, they both are big boys and can defend themselves. I am pointing out what you questioned. How do you help someone if they do not give all the info, every bit not some vague desciption.

http://www.460ford.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119213

One thing that has not been pointed out here is this, which I think pertains to the discussion:

How many of the non professional engine builders/assemblers on this site have started with bare iron heads and paid to have them fully reworked from start to finish in stock form ?
Then paid to do the same thing in fully race prepped form with larger valves and full porting with new seats a full meal deal ?

You will be surprised by how much it costs. I don't know how cheap you can get it done in the states but up here in Canada a basic iron head rebuild in stock form is going to be way over $1000. This is if you have good cores to start with, zero porting, and no measuring installed spring heights just slapping them together. Machine shops are way too busy doing oilfield related stuff.

As far as your name calling is it really helpful ? I don't understand that at all, the discussion was on iron replacement head options.

Do you have a big block/any block ? scratch I have nothing against you, just don't understand your comments. Its about iron heads.

FWIW Mark

Mark Laczo
Mark Laczo

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 16th 2010, 6:23 pm

Shane has got and has had a few big blocks to be exact...........

did I hear Pro Comp mentioned????? Razz
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next