BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear suspension opinions.

+3
bonfire
gmsmkr
BigRigTech
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rear suspension opinions.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Rear suspension opinions.

Post  bigblockfox468 July 20th 2015, 12:52 pm

whatbumper wrote:
bigblockfox468 wrote:Reason I'm asking is because I have some 14"165's up front, no limiters. My car initially hooks, then spins. I'm thinking of installing limiters. I have Strange 10 way single adjustable's up front,set as firm as possible and maybe the 165's are a tad light??  Do the springs have any effect on rebound or is only the strut setting? I've been fighting this 60' issue for quite some time and am fed up and frustrated. Go to the build section,locate my build and towards the back of the thread you'll see what suspension parts I've installed.

rear compression is too loose and maybe extension too tight.  Can you throw more power at it or are you all in?
She's all in if I can get the brake to work....flashes at 5000. If brake acts up then it becomes a foot brake deal somewhere around 3000.
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BigRigTech July 20th 2015, 1:30 pm

Mine has a 5000 stall too. I'm running one of Franks C6 VB's, it's the bomb LOL Mine bounces after it hits the tires really hard. I'll see if I can get a video link to show you guys.
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

Post  BigRigTech July 20th 2015, 10:19 pm

Here's some video leaving at 3600 on the brake, the converter stalls at 5000 rpm. I bring it up to around 2000 before I apply the brake and I don't release the brake pedal until I've let go of the t-brake button...I'm guessing that's why I get the wiggle and she pushes her self down???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfdjGwJ1onM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXFkynJaYlY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIpYJVKiqqM
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper July 20th 2015, 11:46 pm

BigRigTech wrote:Mine has a 5000 stall too. I'm running one of Franks C6 VB's, it's the bomb LOL Mine bounces after it hits the tires really hard. I'll see if I can get a video link to show you guys.

Get rid of the lift bars. Go to a standard lower. You are past the point of lift bars. Way too aggressive is all.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  BigRigTech February 24th 2016, 10:28 am

Back from the dead thread...LOL....I have new 10" rims ordered, MT-3754X 275 Pro drag radials coming with 10 passes on them. Strange SA front struts coming, 12" 175lb front springs to try from a friend. SA lower rear arms coming, new solid spherical bushings for the upper arms at the diff and a new ARB kit. I did a bunch of work to my buddy's F350 this winter so in return he's picking up this stuff in the US where he spends a lot of time behind the wheel of his Pete. Very Happy Saving me a bunch of shipping and I can get stuff that I can't get here.
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2