BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem fitting dry sump feed in dragster

2 posters

Go down

Problem fitting dry sump feed in dragster Empty Problem fitting dry sump feed in dragster

Post  rickb3653 July 13th 2020, 10:57 am

I have a question for anyone here who has put a C and C Motorsports block with a dry sump system in a dragster. I have a new Miller dragster and I am installing a BBF that was built for a door car into it. The problem I am trying to solve is that the -12AN fitting for the dry sump feed to the block in the front by the timing cover on the drivers side is hitting the upper chassis tubing. Do I shim/raise the front of the engine so it fits? Or is there a special type of AN fitting or hose I can use? Has anyone else run into this deal?

rickb3653

Back to top Go down

Problem fitting dry sump feed in dragster Empty Re: Problem fitting dry sump feed in dragster

Post  Curt July 13th 2020, 11:34 pm

We used industrial 90° fittings out of the pan where it hit the chassis and the pump, and then the appropriate fitting to follow. I keep saying that I'm going to put banjo fittings in the pan, but as for now, I haven't

Problem fitting dry sump feed in dragster Img_2011
Curt
Curt

QtrWarrior likes this post

Back to top Go down