BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

will my motor handle nitrous???

5 posters

Go down

will my motor handle nitrous??? Empty will my motor handle nitrous???

Post  Big block fox 339 December 28th 2009, 6:09 pm

Sorry for the newb question but im building a 545 stock block over 30 scat 4.5 cast crank 6.7 rods probe 22cc forged pistons dove heads 2.25 int 1.75 ex lunati 61604 hyd cam 3200 stall c6 in in a fox . What can i spray and not hurt the motor i really wanna keep it reliable thinking about nitrous just for a lil extra bite what yall think ?
Big block fox 339
Big block fox 339

Back to top Go down

will my motor handle nitrous??? Empty Re: will my motor handle nitrous???

Post  lance flake December 28th 2009, 6:33 pm

as long as the tune up is right nitrous won't hurt it at all. just because you have a small shot on it doesn't mean it won't burn up. for small tune ups i have had really good luck with edelbrock rpm style plates.

lance flake

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans December 28th 2009, 7:02 pm

The crank and main caps [if two bolt] are the weakest links in your combo . Keep the shot small and the tune-up cool and go have fun Smile

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Big block fox 339 December 28th 2009, 7:21 pm

I'm running e85 I'm at 10.8-1 cr it is a 2 bolt main what kinda shot should I try 100 150 ??
Big block fox 339
Big block fox 339

Back to top Go down

Post  jones December 29th 2009, 12:48 am

I believe that you and me are both going to find that the cylinder heads are going to be the limiting factor. From what I understand there is only so much you can push out of an exhaust port before it starts backing up in the system. I would just like to start out with a 100 shot and see how the engine responds.
As Lem said the 2 bolt mains is going to be the weakest link in our engines and the hp level is going to depend on tune. Some folks can pull 850-900hp out of a factory block and run it for years. Others can blow a engine with only 600hp and a bad tune. I think it would be cool if we both get our projects running and see how they act. Since our setups are simular except different! LOL

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Big block fox 339 December 29th 2009, 11:51 am

jones wrote:I believe that you and me are both going to find that the cylinder heads are going to be the limiting factor. From what I understand there is only so much you can push out of an exhaust port before it starts backing up in the system. I would just like to start out with a 100 shot and see how the engine responds.
As Lem said the 2 bolt mains is going to be the weakest link in our engines and the hp level is going to depend on tune. Some folks can pull 850-900hp out of a factory block and run it for years. Others can blow a engine with only 600hp and a bad tune. I think it would be cool if we both get our projects running and see how they act. Since our setups are simular except different! LOL

Yeah my heads are really gonna hurt me. I been thinking about starting with a 100 shot and see what happens. Im off work this week i thought i was gonna get close to getting mine running but my wonderful hooker headers wont fit so i ordered d&d so now im waiting. The only thing im really worried about is the tune i dont know anything about tuning.... Hey if you need any help wrenching this week give me a holla
Big block fox 339
Big block fox 339

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno December 29th 2009, 11:57 am

hey when you get a chance call Steve at I-S (815-341-8853 ) and he can help you out with your nos tune ........ Wink

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Big block fox 339 December 29th 2009, 12:04 pm

bruno wrote:hey when you get a chance call Steve at I-S (815-341-8853 ) and he can help you out with your nos tune ........ Wink

thanks bruno il do that when i get a lil closer to finishing Very Happy
Big block fox 339
Big block fox 339

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down