BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Procomp - Speedmaster strikes again

+6
BigBlockRanger
stanger68
rmcomprandy
dfree383
manofmerc
supervel45
10 posters

Go down

Procomp - Speedmaster strikes again Empty Procomp - Speedmaster strikes again

Post  dfree383 April 12th 2024, 10:18 am

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9dsHrSq8pso&pp=ygUZVGhpZXZlcyBvZiB0aGUgYXV0b21vdGl2ZQ%3D%3D
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Curt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Procomp - Speedmaster strikes again Empty Re: Procomp - Speedmaster strikes again

Post  Mark Miller April 13th 2024, 12:06 am

dfree383 wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9dsHrSq8pso&pp=ygUZVGhpZXZlcyBvZiB0aGUgYXV0b21vdGl2ZQ%3D%3D

Damn pretty shitty of Speedmaster putting the Broader Performance name on their product!! And i can't believe Summit Racing Wouldn't open those boxes before they sold them to see the Broader Performance name on them!!

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Procomp - Speedmaster strikes again Empty Re: Procomp - Speedmaster strikes again

Post  stanger68 April 13th 2024, 10:30 am

Wow! That is beyond shitty. Didnt have time to watch the full video. I will later tho. I hope he sues them.

stanger68

Mark Miller likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 April 14th 2024, 1:08 am

Ouch! Sure screw ProComp and SpeedMaster.

This is much more important then any old obsolete Transmission or Hot Rod Part.

American Greed is Going to be The Death of US one Day.

Read the last 4 or 5 Paragraphs.

https://apnews.com/article/united-states-china-russia-ukraine-war-265df843be030b7183c95b6f3afca8ec

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Procomp - Speedmaster strikes again Empty 6/71 blower

Post  manofmerc April 14th 2024, 8:02 am

I also see where speedmaster has a big chinese blower for sale .Who wants one of those ? afro

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 April 16th 2024, 3:11 pm

Follow up……

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jChYy-RzqxU&pp=ygUZdGhpZXZlcyBvZiB0aGUgYXV0b21vdGl2ZQ%3D%3D
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Gregaust likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 April 18th 2024, 6:41 am

Apparently summits has parted ways with procomp / speedmaster.

Glad they have some honor
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Gregaust, Mark Miller, 1982GT and stanger68 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy April 18th 2024, 10:14 am

dfree383 wrote:Apparently summits has parted ways with procomp / speedmaster.

Speedmaster kept pushing the envelope further and further until they finally went to far and openly committed fraud ... I applaud SUMMIT for their actions.
Not just taking those parts off the shelves and returning them but, destroying those parts and not dealing with Speedmaster any further.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Gregaust, Mark Miller and 1982GT like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  BigBlockRanger April 18th 2024, 11:59 am

Looks as if Jegs may have pulled their products as well.
BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

dfree383, Gregaust and stanger68 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  stanger68 April 19th 2024, 5:55 pm

dfree383 wrote:Apparently summits has parted ways with procomp / speedmaster.

Yeah i shared that link you posted on my FB. Someone later posted a statement from summit that were nit only pulling all speedmaster parts but destroying the VB’s in question. I thought that was about a good a response as you could get from them. If its actually true.

stanger68

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave De April 19th 2024, 9:14 pm

They stupidly or arrogantly copied Broader Performance onto the valve bodies but if they didn't there would be no legal issue. Sad but true. We need to make sure that going forward we never consider buying from these companies.
Dave De
Dave De

Back to top Go down

Post  stanger68 April 19th 2024, 10:12 pm

I have scoured summits website and cannot find the statement. So i cant say if that was true ir not. But if you search for speedmaster parts nothing comes up.

stanger68

Back to top Go down

Post  BigBlockRanger April 20th 2024, 8:41 pm

Brian Tooley has it on his FB page.

Procomp - Speedmaster strikes again Screen18
BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

1982GT likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow April 23rd 2024, 8:40 am

Good for Summit

God to see the big guys do the right thing and stop that and furthermore if there is a patent on that product id assume there would be a lawsuit with speedmaster
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave De April 23rd 2024, 10:04 am

Patent law requires that the IP number is displayed on the product. There may be some aspects of the VB that can be protected but easily worked around making the effort not worth the exercise. The company that I worked for would do what Jay did by simply displaying the company name on the product. When counterfeit happens where they copy the company name there can be a huge wrongful suite beyond "cease and desist". If Jay goes after SpeedMaster 79, Summit will be named as well.
I like Summit but they are simply doing damage control by removing all this garbage product not to mention future product liability leading to injury or death. Just imagine the high level meetings that took place at Summit for this very topic. They first acted by only removing the valve bodies, then later all company product. I'm thinking legal was not involved at first but a later meeting made it clear to severe all ties with the SpeedMaster 79.

Looking forward after the smoke clears. Hopefully the SpeedMaster name will be damaged beyond repair. The company will create a new name to try to fool the public once again with its low priced, poor quality product. Isn't this how SpeedMaster came out of ProComp?

Where's Mark O'Neal on this. He lived his life battling these issues.
Dave De
Dave De

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller April 23rd 2024, 11:04 pm

I wonder if Summit Racing is now thinking maybe they should have opened one of those Valve Body Boxes before they shipped any of them!!

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino April 26th 2024, 4:27 am

I always warned my friends and others about junk ass Pro Comp, Speedmaster, or other cheap Chinese/Taiwan parts.
Seems like a lot of people only care about price. I caught a lot of flak from people who denounced American made stuff because it is "too expensive". But when stuff doesn't fit right, look right, or function right, you end up paying more in the long run anyway!
A few years ago, a kid up the block wanted to hot rod his 73 Chevy Nova. He asked what kind of intake manifold to buy. I told him "anything but Pro Comp". Well, he buys a Pro Comp intake because it was about $60 cheaper than an Edelbrock.
He had to elongate the holes because they did'nt line up correctly. Anyway, he gets it installed, and it destroys his motor.
I help him remove it, and lo and behold, it had a bunch of the casting sand trapped inside some of the passages, which in turn, killed the motor.

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down