BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EDIT - I bought my old race car back! - EDIT

+11
BigBlockRanger
scottke
Blue Oval Forever
LivermoreDave
DanH
ThndrChkn
the Coug
billandlori
cool40
AZFairlane
jbozzelle
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

EDIT - I bought my old race car back! - EDIT - Page 2 Empty Re: EDIT - I bought my old race car back! - EDIT

Post  whatbumper May 10th 2011, 3:50 pm

agreed. bracket car with no rules, biggest cheapest to use tires (over time) that you can use.

we kill tires now but when it was slower (in the mid to high 5 range, tires lasted about a year). when we had the old top sportsman car back in the 90's we could use tires for two or three seasons when just bracket racing.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

EDIT - I bought my old race car back! - EDIT - Page 2 Empty Re: EDIT - I bought my old race car back! - EDIT

Post  72mav May 10th 2011, 7:28 pm

She will be a fun car for sure John. Wish I had one of those.
Regards.
Al
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle May 11th 2011, 11:04 am

For some odd reason I like the adjustability of the factory location 4 link over a ladder bar (start flaming.....)

I looked at the Racecraft stuff. Nice adjustability on the housing side. I plan to look at Wolfe, Team Z, PA Racing as well. Might just end up making my own. I've already planned to tie the uppers and lower back into the cage for support. The upper boxes on this car have been welded years ago. Just need to weld the bottoms, tie the uppers/lowers into the cage, beef up the bolt holes, etc...

I think I can fit a 30x12 slick in there once the frame rails are straightened out. I might end up running some drag radials too. Just gotta see what direction my mind takes me...

I'd like to street drive it to the local shows and such so that's more reason to leave the factory style setup in there. Those ladder bars don't like twisting over curbs and bumps in the road too much. Basically I'm going to finish the street car I started to build years ago before I sold it.

Another reason to go the factory style setup is that the cage and subframe connectors are still in perfect shape. To do a "correct" backhalf I'd have to rip out the cage and connectors and start over. I'd love to do a round tube backhalf but just don't see an easy way to tie the existing 2x3 connectors into it as well as the existing main hoop without making it look like a hack job.

BTW, anybody need a backhalved Fox body project? Very Happy

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2