BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JW Ultracase owners..... question for you.

+5
56Tbird
85montess
342g
D. Sea
David Cole
9 posters

Go down

JW Ultracase owners..... question for you. Empty JW Ultracase owners..... question for you.

Post  David Cole Mon 9 May 2011 - 0:34

For those of you that have a JW Ultra Case in a door car.... What transmission dipstick are you using? My car had a nice Lokar dipstick, but it won't work with the Ultra Case. The case is too thick just in front of the dipstick hole and the Lokar dipstick has large AN type fitting on the end just above the part that goes in the hole in the case. Simply won't fit.
David Cole
David Cole
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=66449&

Back to top Go down

JW Ultracase owners..... question for you. Empty Re: JW Ultracase owners..... question for you.

Post  D. Sea Mon 9 May 2011 - 12:32

I think mine is a TCI unit from jegs that Bill ordered for me when I first got my trans. It's zinc plated and twist locks.

D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

JW Ultracase owners..... question for you. Empty Re: JW Ultracase owners..... question for you.

Post  342g Mon 9 May 2011 - 12:46

Mine is from A.R.T. part#019633, worked perfect.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  David Cole Mon 9 May 2011 - 13:34

Thanks guys,

Harold,

How does it mount to the case or bell? The pic on their website only shows the shorty version and it mounts with an adel clamp. Does the full length version mount the same way?

It looks like that might be what I need. Need to order some replacement wheels for my wheelie bars as well. They have both, so I would save on some shipping.
David Cole
David Cole
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=66449&

Back to top Go down

JW Ultracase owners..... question for you. Empty Dipstick

Post  85montess Mon 9 May 2011 - 14:18

David,
The one that I ordered for Damon was just the long dipstick for a Chevy powerglide that had the twist lock on the top. It just has a rubber O-ring on it and it just slides into the case. The top bolt bracket was "adjusted" until it would line up with the Ford Pattern for the bellhousing bolt. I think that the hole needs to be opened up for the 7/16" bolt instead of the Chevy 3/8". The bellhousing bolt is what holds it in.

85montess
85montess

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird Mon 9 May 2011 - 15:41

David ,I ground the side of my lokar down to fit my JW case.
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno Mon 9 May 2011 - 16:24

56Tbird wrote:David ,I ground the side of my lokar down to fit my JW case.

i have a lokar deal in mine also

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  342g Mon 9 May 2011 - 18:01

IT comes with the clamp, just like the shorty, I had no trouble at all with mine, I moved the clamp up and mounted it to the mid plate.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird Tue 10 May 2011 - 2:01

I thought Bruno and Harold both had stock cases with a JW ultra bell ??Maybe I'm wrong ...again...lol
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 Tue 10 May 2011 - 7:13

David,
As we discussed, the NHRA accepted Lokar Anchor Tight dipstick will fit your Ultra Case. There are about 8 part numbers, depending on color and mounting. Here is a link. http://www.lokarmotorsports.com/products-pages/flex-trans-dipstick.html
Summit had mine in stock...firewall mount, plain color.
It is very close to the case. I took about .100" off the release collar with a quick belt sand to provide clearance.
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper Tue 10 May 2011 - 7:36

Wheelie58 wrote:David,
As we discussed, the NHRA accepted Lokar Anchor Tight dipstick will fit your Ultra Case. There are about 8 part numbers, depending on color and mounting. Here is a link. http://www.lokarmotorsports.com/products-pages/flex-trans-dipstick.html
Summit had mine in stock...firewall mount, plain color.
It is very close to the case. I took about .100" off the release collar with a quick belt sand to provide clearance.
Keith

that's the one we use for everything. we just use a dremel tool or a little belt sander to clearance tight fits. different castings even within the same brands of cases fit differently (imagine that)

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  342g Tue 10 May 2011 - 11:37

56Tbird wrote:I thought Bruno and Harold both had stock cases with a JW ultra bell ??Maybe I'm wrong ...again...lol

You are right Dan, I reread the original post, rub out everything I said Dave, I only have the J.W. bell, sorry.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BIGDOG466 Thu 12 May 2011 - 16:45

Mine came from JW had to use a wire condiut clamp and hook it to the back of the intake.
BIGDOG466
BIGDOG466

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down