BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

haven't been on in a while and i have a few questions

4 posters

Go down

haven't been on in a while and i have a few questions Empty haven't been on in a while and i have a few questions

Post  429f150 May 12th 2011, 11:51 am

Hi all i haven't been on in a while and have a few problems with the 429. First off is im trying to mount the alternator on the top of the motor i looked for top mounting brackets but came up with nothing. My first question is can i re use my factory brackets am i going to have to modify them?. Could i get the brackets off of a 360 or 390 would they be about the same?. And i'm going to have to change my motor mounts but im lost here also as to what i should get to make the motor work in my 79f150. Motor is almost paid off so i think i'm going to do the swap soon but i cant until i figure these things out thanks Jeff.

429f150

Back to top Go down

haven't been on in a while and i have a few questions Empty Re: haven't been on in a while and i have a few questions

Post  schmitty May 12th 2011, 1:35 pm

You can use the factory serpentine setup, get L&L brackets, or make your own. There are no direct bolt on mounts that Ford ever offered that will work. As far as motor mounts, L&L and Hedman make them. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

haven't been on in a while and i have a few questions Empty Re: haven't been on in a while and i have a few questions

Post  429f150 May 12th 2011, 5:58 pm

Thanks for the info i don't feel like paying 400 or 500 dollars for a serpentine setup so i plan on using the old v belt setup. Has anyone ever done this before? i'm working something out with the stock brackets and it will work. Have to get a longer belt change some bolts and get a spacer then it should work. Do you have a link for the motor mounts?.

Last edited by 429f150 on May 12th 2011, 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something)

429f150

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty May 12th 2011, 8:57 pm

If you have a junkyard close by, just get the factory serpentine setup, they are cheap, and look nice and clean. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  72puller May 13th 2011, 11:14 am

I've got a top mounted alt. on one of my trucks that uses a v belt. I'll get you some pics this weekend. I thought you could mount it low on the F-150's.
72puller
72puller

Back to top Go down

Post  429f150 May 13th 2011, 9:55 pm

72puller wrote:I've got a top mounted alt. on one of my trucks that uses a v belt. I'll get you some pics this weekend. I thought you could mount it low on the F-150's.
That would be great I was told differently. I think it would hit on the frame Crying or Very sad . But i think i may have figured out how to mount it using stock brackets i will post pics when im done.

429f150

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 May 15th 2011, 6:50 pm

The ones I have mounted were low and get close to the frame but do clear.
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  72puller May 15th 2011, 10:44 pm

I used spacers on the top 7/16 threaded hole on the head. The adjuster came off an older chevy I think. I also used a double pulley.

haven't been on in a while and i have a few questions IMG_0586

haven't been on in a while and i have a few questions IMG_0585
72puller
72puller

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down