BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I GOT BANNED!!

+8
DanH
BigBlockRanger
D. Sea
nuclearcobra
'65 T-BOLT
rmcomprandy
dfree383
whatbumper
12 posters

Go down

I GOT BANNED!! Empty I GOT BANNED!!

Post  whatbumper May 18th 2011, 9:44 am

Well, I got banned from a local racing organization because turbo cars FINALLY showed to be competitive.

Looks like he wants to keep it a nitrous BBC class.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

I GOT BANNED!! Empty Re: I GOT BANNED!!

Post  whatbumper May 18th 2011, 9:56 am

anyone want to throw a big ole nitrous BBF in our new car later on and see if we can get all Fords banned?

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 May 18th 2011, 10:30 am

LOL Go Get'em !!!
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 18th 2011, 10:35 am

whatbumper wrote:Well, I got banned from a local racing organization because turbo cars FINALLY showed to be competitive.

Looks like he wants to keep it a nitrous BBC class.

You should talk with Mike Moran ... he gets banned every time he comes back with a new car which redefines the E.T. of that class.

Although he runs a Chevrolet, he thinks outside the box yet within the present rules and then gets penalized for it.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT May 18th 2011, 10:46 am

Moran's new car is a Mustang...wether or not its Ford powered????
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra May 18th 2011, 11:40 am

They can't stand the fact that FORD rules and they never will be able to Very Happy or the fact that fomoco doesn't go down the drain like GM seems too Razz
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea May 18th 2011, 11:52 am

Bummer.

Kinda dumb because they just created an environment where fewer cars will participate. Why not just tweak the rules i.e. add weight or give it some time for the other power adders to make an adjustment.

Limiting the car count will be counter productive IMO...

Last edited by D. Sea on May 18th 2011, 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra May 18th 2011, 12:28 pm

Your askin the impossible Shocked chevy brains to think smart Razz
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BigBlockRanger May 18th 2011, 3:43 pm

You talking about the true ten five series?

I can't figure out why banning turbo cars would be beneficial unless there are a bunch of nitrous cars that just flat refuse to run against 'em. In that case, it would make some financial sense for the promoter.
BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 May 18th 2011, 3:45 pm

put the Ford motor in a chevy chassis with some bowtie valve covers on it and show up...... Tell them is a SB2.5...... Laughing
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper May 18th 2011, 3:51 pm

BigBlockRanger wrote:You talking about the true ten five series?

I can't figure out why banning turbo cars would be beneficial unless there are a bunch of nitrous cars that just flat refuse to run against 'em. In that case, it would make some financial sense for the promoter.

Yes, the OTT5. The owner of the series banned all turbo cars.

No body is complaining that is fast. The nitrous cars are still on average the fastest out there. Only a few turbo cars ever even showed up.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH May 18th 2011, 6:44 pm

Just make it a chevy crate motor class , like the dick heads in power at the oval track . that way they always get the bowtie babies a win

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 May 18th 2011, 9:58 pm

DanH wrote:Just make it a chevy crate motor class , like the dick heads in power at the oval track . that way they always get the bowtie babies a win

How true ford stars winning they do something to the car to slow them down or change the chevy engine program when ford loosing they never change anything
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 May 18th 2011, 10:06 pm

maybe somebody will start a "turbo only"class.now is sure not the time to cut any cars out.JMO.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BigBlockRanger May 18th 2011, 10:21 pm

I think it is hilarious how you guys are twisting it from turbo-cars being banned to Ford's being banned. Nobody said the turbo cars (except for whatbumpers's) were even Fords. lmao
BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 18th 2011, 10:25 pm

and none of yall run turbo's either lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper May 19th 2011, 9:04 am

BigBlockRanger wrote:I think it is hilarious how you guys are twisting it from turbo-cars being banned to Ford's being banned. Nobody said the turbo cars (except for whatbumpers's) were even Fords. lmao

The turbo cars were about half ford half chevy so we are equally mad.

But I understand were he is coming from either way. he says that banning the turbo guys will not hurt him because turbos never showed up. well, we WERE going to make every race until our unfortunate incident a month ago. I know that this will not lose him any money or any nights of rest either. What is funny is that he didn't make it a nitrous only class but an F1r and nitrous class. two of the faster cars are in fact sbf's with F1r's. Of course one of those cars is owned by Marty Chance driven by Mike Duffy (and I hope he kicks their rears)

I don't remember any BBF's on nitrous showing up. But IF this org stays alive for two more years they might! We need to rebuild the turbo car and then we start on mine.(Keeps getting pushed to the back burner)

No big deal, we are going to come back and run the Midwest street car series in Noble and most likely MAKO too.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE May 19th 2011, 10:11 am

whatbumper wrote:
BigBlockRanger wrote:You talking about the true ten five series?

Yes, the OTT5. The owner of the series banned all turbo cars.

No body is complaining that is fast. The nitrous cars are still on average the fastest out there. Only a few turbo cars ever even showed up.
I haven't been paying attention lately but isn't there now more than one "true/outlaw 10.5" class around here locally? I thought there was the older bunch that was more conventional slick, and now the radial class guys? Or am I thinking about the radial (275?) class?

At the last TOPMA race at Kennedale there was a killer looking 10.5 turbo '69 mustang there (not sure if he was a true 10.5, or outlaw 10.5) doing some testing. It was a damn interesting car.

I can't see outlawing turbo cars in any of the "outlaw" class out there, it could chase away a given segment of the paying fan base. And that's also a bad call cuz the turbo cars just keep getting more & more popular.

Politics are bound to screw up any racing class, look what happened to the King of the Hill guys around here. All their never-ending bitching/fighting over rules forced so many rule changes over the years that many said fukk it, let the thing die.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea May 19th 2011, 11:59 am

Politics are bound to screw up any racing class, look what happened to the King of the Hill guys around here. All their never-ending bitching/fighting over rules forced so many rule changes over the years that many said fukk it, let the thing die.

Same thing happened to a Truck Pulling organization that we were in back in the day. We told them it would kill the class and sure enough, 2 years later it folded. Some people never learn from past mistakes Rolling Eyes
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum