BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some storm pics, video added..........

+4
bruno
BRONCOBILLY7.5
ThndrChkn
richter69
8 posters

Go down

Some storm pics, video added.......... Empty Some storm pics, video added..........

Post  richter69 May 25th 2011, 1:07 pm

Looking South from I-40, NE of Hinton, about 1/2 mile away..........sorry for the quality its a video grab.

Some storm pics, video added.......... Hinton

Blanchard storm, this is the one that formed a mile S of my House in Chickasha and tracked East, thats a power flash in the center.

Some storm pics, video added.......... Blanchard

Last edited by richter69 on May 26th 2011, 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Some storm pics, video added.......... Empty Re: Some storm pics, video added..........

Post  ThndrChkn May 25th 2011, 1:24 pm

Nice Pics Jon... Stay safe out there... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Some storm pics, video added.......... Empty Re: Some storm pics, video added..........

Post  BRONCOBILLY7.5 May 25th 2011, 4:22 pm

Nice pix Jon. Just glad you and yours are safe and sound. It missed us but got the southeast side of Wagoner. Missed my in-laws house by a 1/4 mile when it crossed lake Ft. Gibson. Billy
BRONCOBILLY7.5
BRONCOBILLY7.5

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 26th 2011, 6:38 pm

Here is the first Tornado, it has not been rated yet but the damage is solid EF4 and possibly EF5. First part is it approaching us from the South, then taking a turn to the right and heading Eastward a bit. Halfway through where we were drive East on I-40 I used Google maps and David Payne's simulcast to figure this out. The picnic area were pulled over at is 4.5 miles west of the Highway 270 exit on I-40. About 3 or 4 minutes AFTER we stopped there David said he was 3 miles west of 270 so that means most of the time prior we were about a mile behind him, possibly less. The tornado was paralleling the interstate on the north side, then came back down on it and that's when David said he was stopping.

So my conclusion is we were definitely within 2 miles of it and possibly as little as 3/4 mile. If you turn it up there is a distinct noise, like a higher pitched jet airplane sound during takeoff, at one point (not on the tape) I rolled the window down and it was for sure the sound of the tornado as it was chewing up the Earth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoGjX4eL-eY
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno May 26th 2011, 7:56 pm

nice shooting ........ cool stuff jon , how far north were you guys when it cross 40? ..... the winds that were moving south looked like 90-100 mph ...great adrenaline stuff Cool

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 26th 2011, 8:28 pm

Looked at another video from a car that passed us, he was right there next to the guy broadcasting on the radio, it was directly in front of us. I thought David was on the other side hence the reason I did not continue on, if I had known he was on the same side as us I would have pushed through the rain curtain and been in full view.

We just took a tour around here of the Chickasha tornado damage, it formed exactly one mile to the south of my home, missed the kid with the chevy truck I work on by 1/2 mile, missed the dealership I work at by 1/2 mile.........the damage through here is not terrible...the pit stop lube center took a hard hit but looking at it there was an old house up on a trailer they were relocating and it took that and used it as a battering ram. There is a vid of a guy that was at the pit stop that took video, I'll go find it.

We went about 3 miles East of town and it was a 1/2 mile wide by then, stripping the grass and snapping trees at the base and leveing brick homes at that point, again there is awesome video of that I'll go get a link.

These were very powerful storms, and it took them less than 5 minutes to get to full strength. The El Reno storm I posted was a wedge instantly.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 26th 2011, 8:38 pm

From the lube shop, at 1:15 or so you can see the house they are moving, in the vid you can hear all the glass breaking I'm sure it is from that house as there are chunks of it all over the place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhxNYI6JSDQ
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  138 May 26th 2011, 8:49 pm

richter69 wrote:From the lube shop, at 1:15 or so you can see the house they are moving, in the vid you can hear all the glass breaking I'm sure it is from that house as there are chunks of it all over the place.

Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno May 26th 2011, 9:15 pm

damn

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 May 26th 2011, 9:36 pm

richter69 wrote:From the lube shop, at 1:15 or so you can see the house they are moving, in the vid you can hear all the glass breaking I'm sure it is from that house as there are chunks of it all over the place.

boy that sure changed everything in a few seconds. affraid
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  138 May 26th 2011, 9:41 pm

cool40 wrote:

boy that sure changed everything in a few seconds. affraid

nitro injection maybe?

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 26th 2011, 10:02 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sav26yxYdmk

at :50 its going over the pit stop.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY May 26th 2011, 10:09 pm

wow thats too close for me Shocked
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 26th 2011, 10:21 pm

What I am more proud of is intercepting two very large tornadoes on the same day, thats a tough task to get in the right spots without getting killed, or worse lol. And to make it even more challenging I had to core punch the southern storm and drive through rush hour traffic in Mustang to do so............its funny how when all hell breaks loose you can commit 39 moving violations and not get a single ticket............

I think he is going to upload video from the second intercept tonight, it should have a lot better contrast and visability than the first one.

There were only 8 confirmed tornado reports in the state, we got on the 2 biggest and the only damage I got was a few more hail dents and a damn near flat on the right front tire............was just a small puncture hole with nothing in the tire.

I drove past that intersection in town that got smacked on my way out, it damn sure didn't look the same when I went home 6 hours later............
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT May 27th 2011, 12:28 am

Damn Jon...what footage!...very impressive!
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 27th 2011, 12:50 am

here is the 2nd storm we intercepted, this is the one that started a mile south of my house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcHEqWmvUsQ
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  138 May 27th 2011, 12:56 am

are these your videos, besides the pit stop footage?

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 27th 2011, 8:20 am

just the first and the last one I posted.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum