BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil Leak between block and head

2 posters

Go down

Oil Leak between block and head Empty Oil Leak between block and head

Post  powerstrokeace September 7th 2009, 9:51 pm

Guy's some of you may know me from that other site but here go's. I recently had a lifter failure that I decided to tear the motor down and clean everything out and replace all the bearing and reuse the old rings. Had the heads freshened up and put it all back together with new lifters and cam. Well after some testing we noticed that after the car sits over night that the oil leak is coming from the between the block and heads in the number 7-8 area. Could there have been something wrong with the head gasket that I missed? it is the b460 gasket for the A40 heads that I get from BF Evans FORD.

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

Oil Leak between block and head Empty Re: Oil Leak between block and head

Post  Greg_P September 8th 2009, 10:38 am

Ace,

Make sure you're not seeing valley oil leaking down the back of the head/block interface.

I had a 460 that would leak oil like you say, somewhere around the #7 or 8 cylinder. Never did get it to seal, and never did discover why it was leaking there. It was just enough to make a drop on the header now and then.

hope you have better luck finding the leak than I did.

Greg
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

Post  powerstrokeace September 8th 2009, 12:55 pm

I'll double check that but I really dont think so. Its about 1/4 oz on the floor.
Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down