BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another NHRA Unleashed Race Cancelled!

+4
rmcomprandy
83-88T-Bird Guy
cool40
Wheelie58
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Another NHRA Unleashed Race Cancelled! Empty Another NHRA Unleashed Race Cancelled!

Post  Wheelie58 June 22nd 2011, 12:23 am

I just looked at the NHRA Unleashed site and discovered that the Cordova IL race for July 15 has been cancelled. This was supposed to have been a nice 2-race trip, racing at the National Event at Chicago, then going to Cordova the following week. Now the plan is whacked!
This is the third NHRA Unleashed race to get cancelled or postponed, Belle Rose LA, due to floods...Fontana CA, due to legal (noise) issues at the track...and now Cordova due to "economic conditions and weather" .
What is next?? Locusts???
Man..this is getting impossible to make any plans.

Here is the post from NHRA:
" Cordova Dragway Park Race Taken Off Of The Schedule-BIG ANNOUNCEMENT COMING! The Aerospace Components NHRA Unleashed event scheduled for July 15-16, has been removed from the schedule. The officials at NHRA and Cordova Dragway Park have agreed to cancel the upcoming event due to persistant weather and economic issues beyond the control of the facility. Racers that have purchased entries for the July event should contact the track directly for reimbursement. The Cordova Dragway Park track management and NHRA sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

In the next couple of days, NHRA will announce a very positive and exciting development that will aid in the growth of the Aerospace Components NHRA Unleashed Series. The exciting details are being finalized, so stay tuned for the announcement that will take this Heads-up, Index racing format through the end of the 2011 racing season. "

Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Another NHRA Unleashed Race Cancelled! Empty Re: Another NHRA Unleashed Race Cancelled!

Post  cool40 June 22nd 2011, 12:27 am

Sad they're just pissed cuz you make the other brand look bad! Twisted Evil
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Another NHRA Unleashed Race Cancelled! Empty Re: Another NHRA Unleashed Race Cancelled!

Post  Wheelie58 June 22nd 2011, 12:55 am

cool40 wrote: Sad they're just pissed cuz you make the other brand look bad! Twisted Evil
I think it is a lack of cars..and spectators...
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy June 22nd 2011, 7:29 am

After reading that press release, I take it the reason was 99.99999 % economic reasons.

"Heads up Index Racing "........ every index race I have ever heard about is a glorified bracket race.
Every heads up race I have ever seen was go as fast as possible and the winner was the first to the stripe.

It's either heads up or it's an index race.....it can't be both. Rolling Eyes

Rant over.

83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy June 22nd 2011, 11:39 am

83-88T-Bird Guy wrote:After reading that press release, I take it the reason was 99.99999 % economic reasons.

"Heads up Index Racing "........ every index race I have ever heard about is a glorified bracket race.
Every heads up race I have ever seen was go as fast as possible and the winner was the first to the stripe.

Rant over.

X2 ... over again; who ever heard of a "break out" in real "Heads-Up" racing; just another ploy for the sanctioning body to make money off the misuse of a term to try to make most people, (sheep), THINK they are getting what they aren't actually getting.

I am for drag racing with "heads-up starts" and NO throttle stops however, THIS isn't what they want you to believe it is.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 June 22nd 2011, 11:49 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
83-88T-Bird Guy wrote:After reading that press release, I take it the reason was 99.99999 % economic reasons.

Rant over.

X2 ... over again; who ever heard of a "break out" in real "Heads-Up" racing; just another ploy for the sanctioning body to make money off the misuse of a term to try to make most people, (sheep), THINK they are getting what they aren't actually getting.

I am for drag racing with "heads-up starts" and NO throttle stops however, THIS isn't what they want you to believe it is.

index racing isnt as easy as you think, you cant dial anything, you cant change you dial, both cars leave the line at the same time, it is what it is, come try it in one of our 690 780 or 860 classes, run one of the classes then tell me its the same, in bracket racing someone gets a head start
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Another NHRA Unleashed Race Cancelled! Empty Heads up - Heck yes there are break outs - Sheep Racers ? gimme a break!

Post  Wheelie58 June 22nd 2011, 11:59 pm

Ok...I know there are break outs. They are a part of life in Brackets, Super classes, Top Dragster, Top Sportsman and many other classes.
The term "heads up" ...the way I see it...means that both cars leave WFO at the same time...not staggered for a "dial in". Index Classes just has both cars leave at the same time. Period.
If you want to race in a class where the fastest car wins, the NHRA professional categories are there for the taking. I think that some of the ADRL classes are that way also. I am sure everyone can find their schedule and sign up for their events. Go right ahead if you have the cash. They are great folks.
As far as being a "sheep"...all that I can say is BAAAAAA... If that bothers someone...sorry....
It ain't that BAAAAAD. :-) ........Racing.
Sportsman racers like many of us on this forum need some format to race in. Bracket racing is challenging and fun. The sea of dragsters is getting rather deep but keeps the door cars on their toes. Throttle stop racing is fun, but getting real boring. That is why I liked the option to Index race. Sure....there are breakouts. That is where the other skills kick in. Setting the car up to carry out your strategy....run on the number flat out with a little change (9.501 on a 9.50 index) or set it up fast to "pedal race" on the other end. Now you not only need to hit the tree, but you need to make strategic decisions at 660'...1000'...and right near the stripe, to WIN the round. That is the object...win the round. It makes you drive both ends of the track.
The racer/tuner needs to be able to not only make the car run as fast as possible, but must make it run as accurately as possible too. That brings in a new challenge. Precision and repeatability.
None of this is a perfect thing for any individual racer. I don't care if it is sand racing, mud racing, truck pullin', road course, circle track or boats, if it makes the racer and spectator happy, it is good. If is has a big Ford mill in it, it is even better.
Ok... now I have vented and feel much better. I just need to keep Dan-o away from the sheep affraid (real ones)
Keith

Wheelie58
Wheelie58

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 June 23rd 2011, 12:15 am

ITS A SHAME THE CANNED IT

Last edited by BOSS 429 on June 23rd 2011, 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy June 23rd 2011, 12:16 am

BOSS 429 wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

Rant over.

index racing isnt as easy as you think, you cant dial anything, you cant change you dial, both cars leave the line at the same time, it is what it is, come try it in one of our 690 780 or 860 classes, run one of the classes then tell me its the same, in bracket racing someone gets a head start

I never said it was easy ... only that by calling it "heads up" they are lying to the people who come to watch and everyone else in general.
If you go to fast, you automatically lose ... that is not HEADS UP even though the START may be.

Pro Stock, (both car and bike), are "heads up" ... Top fuel is heads up ... Funny Car, nitro and alcohol, is heads up ... top sportsman is heads up ... those are a "heads up race" ... starting at the same time and the FIRST one to the finish is the winner and REAL heads up ... a heads up race includes more than just the START.

Edit: Touchy, touchy touchy ... I said most people were like sheep as in, the ones who want to watch a heads up race but, don't really know the difference, and believe almost everything they are told.

Last edited by rmcomprandy on June 23rd 2011, 12:29 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : addition)

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 June 23rd 2011, 12:32 am

I respect that view and perspective. Sportsman racing is not for everyone. The professional classes would be wonderful to experience.
That is the beauty of having many classes and formats of racing. We can all find something that fits our budgets and desires. Participation in a given class allows a solid opinion of the format, viewed from the windshield. As I said...racing is good, no matter what type. Fast is cool.
Thanks,
keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy June 23rd 2011, 12:39 am

AGAIN ... I am not being derogatory to the racing itself ... only that the sanctioning body CALLS it something it is not, simply to make money on spectators by advertising it as "heads up racing".

Believe me, I talk to a lot of customers and their friends who have no clue that going to fast in those "index" classes makes for a loss. They have been fooled by the grossly inaccurate advertising on the leaflets they read.
THAT is the problem I have with calling these classes "heads up racing" not saying the truth. They should be calling these index classes a "heads up start" and telling it as it is.

EDIT: IHRA ... for a brief time had a real heads up TOP STOCK class and it was a beautiful thing to watch but, when GM stopped paying the prize money, they cancelled the class. Hell, they even canceled "mountain Motor Pro Stock" because they didn't want to pay for it. The crowd came to see, and I quote, "nitrous cars purging their nitrous in a cloud at the starting line" and TOP SPORTSMAN got the nod here.

Last edited by rmcomprandy on June 23rd 2011, 12:48 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : addition)

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 June 23rd 2011, 12:42 am

Ok Randy....all is cool.
Heck..it is time to go to bed!
Hope things are good up there in sunny Michigan.
Get some sleep. We gotta make some $$ in the AM.
:=)
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 June 23rd 2011, 12:43 am

SOMEONE NEEDS TO EXPLAIN WHAT INDEX MEANS TO THEM THEN,I MEAN ITS SAYS 950 INDEX,OR 8.50

I KNOW I TYPE IN CAPS A LOT,LOL
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy June 23rd 2011, 12:45 am

Wheelie58 wrote:Ok Randy....all is cool.
Heck..it is time to go to bed!
Hope things are good up there in sunny Michigan.
Get some sleep. We gotta make some $$ in the AM.
:=)
Keith

It is storming with tornado warnings right now so, I need to stay awake to see if I need to head for the basement or not.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 June 23rd 2011, 12:48 am

Yeah...we had storms in Georgia tonight too. Rain was good for my garden anyway.
Thanks,
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy June 23rd 2011, 7:19 am

What I was trying to say in my first post was that NHRA mis-labeled the racing series.

It should have been titled: " Pro Tree Index Racing" instead. Then all would be fine.

I still stand by my statement that index racing is a somewhat glorified bracket race.....albeit without staggered starts and everyone in their class has the same "dial-in".

Since the breakout rule applies, it can't possibly be a "heads-up" style race.

BTW: I am quite familiar with index racing seeing as how I promote and direct a monthly index race. Very Happy

That is all.

83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 June 23rd 2011, 8:01 am

What track is the race series? Maybe I will cruise up there and check it out.
Thanks,
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy June 23rd 2011, 10:23 am

83-88T-Bird Guy wrote:What I was trying to say in my first post was that NHRA mis-labeled the racing series.

It should have been titled: " Pro Tree Index Racing" instead. Then all would be fine.

I still stand by my statement that index racing is a somewhat glorified bracket race.....albeit without staggered starts and everyone in their class has the same "dial-in".

Since the breakout rule applies, it can't possibly be a "heads-up" style race.

BTW: I am quite familiar with index racing seeing as how I promote and direct a monthly index race. Very Happy

That is all.

Both of us seem to share the same "beef" with the sanctioning body ... not the race itself or the racers.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy June 23rd 2011, 9:57 pm

Wheelie58 wrote:What track is the race series? Maybe I will cruise up there and check it out.
Thanks,
Keith

Keith:
We have a once a month bonus race on every 3rd Sat. night of the month @ US60 Hardinsburg, KY.
It's a bit different than most index races, with a .500 full ree and everybody pics from a list of 35 posted indexes. Once they turn in their card with the index they think they can run, they have to run that index for the entire race.

Since Sat. nights at US60 are "fun" nights, the race was designed strickly for fun. It doesn't pay much, but then again it is a free bonus race in addition to the reg. Sat. races.

It was designed to allow pretty much everyone the chance to experience running an entire race on a fixed index......It was never designed to compete with all of the .400 pro tree big bucks index races around here tho.

http://www.us60dragracing.com/declaredindexclass.html
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy June 23rd 2011, 10:01 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:

Both of us seem to share the same "beef" with the sanctioning body ... not the race itself or the racers.[/quote]

I agree Randy.
They just need to re-name the series, that's all.
I think the idea is great tho.
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird June 23rd 2011, 10:08 pm

Wheelie58 wrote:What track is the race series? Maybe I will cruise up there and check it out.
Thanks,
Keith
Your car ain't Legal for their races Razz king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 June 23rd 2011, 10:46 pm

Hey.....who said it had to be legal?

At least my trunk ain't full of sand bags like some one that I know. Suspect
Sandbagger!
drunken
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDave65 June 23rd 2011, 10:57 pm

Keith, if you get bored, ride up to Mooresville and race with us one weekend. Been helping my buddy run the 5.30 class. He won the championship last year and just took over the points lead after last sat. race. Has 2 R/u's so far this year.

You should fit in one of the classes. Great track and a good bunch of guys to race with.
http://www.headsupsuperseries.com/
BigDave65
BigDave65

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 June 24th 2011, 12:12 am

BigDave65 wrote:Keith, if you get bored, ride up to Mooresville and race with us one weekend. Been helping my buddy run the 5.30 class. He won the championship last year and just took over the points lead after last sat. race. Has 2 R/u's so far this year.

You should fit in one of the classes. Great track and a good bunch of guys to race with.
http://www.headsupsuperseries.com/

I like the detail that went into the writing of the rules for the index classes.
It looks like a good series. I may have to slide up there.
Thanks,
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird June 24th 2011, 7:19 am

Wheelie58 wrote:Hey.....who said it had to be legal?

At least my trunk ain't full of sand bags like some one that I know. Suspect
Sandbagger!
drunken
you know as well as I do ....It ain't Cheatin unless you get caught Twisted Evil affraid king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next