BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How come it always takes so long????

2 posters

Go down

How come it always takes so long???? Empty How come it always takes so long????

Post  jasonf July 2nd 2011, 1:33 pm

I was changing the belt on my daughters Mustang and noticed the plastic factory fan was cracked everywhere and the clutch fan had lost all it's oil so I get this crazy idea it would be a good time to do a Mark VIII fan upgrade. I head to the pull a part and of course the Mark VIII fans are all gone but I did manage to score a two speed fan from a 96 T bird. They are a bit less cfm but my Mustang is stock so it should do. Now you go into these projects thinking ah maybe an afternoon or 1 day. Nope, takes all dang week sourcing a 70 amp relay, building a panel, wiring up the other relays needed. I made the panel to bolt on next to the battery. Now I just need to make a little aluminum cover to keep the rain off of everything.

One day turns into 4 before you are done.

How come it always takes so long???? P7020168
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

How come it always takes so long???? Empty Re: How come it always takes so long????

Post  billandlori July 10th 2011, 9:38 am

Nice work on the panel! Some folks can do it in a couple of hours, hot glue and zip ties, done!! Takes time to do it right...

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down