BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBF=Wally (Updated with video and winners circle photo)

+10
83-88T-Bird Guy
342g
Lem Evans
BigDave65
56Tbird
c.evans
bbf-falcon
Wheelie58
Race Ready Fabrications
14 posters

Go down

BBF=Wally (Updated with video and winners circle photo) Empty BBF=Wally (Updated with video and winners circle photo)

Post  Race Ready Fabrications July 3rd 2011, 5:04 am

It was a long day of racing, arrived at the track at 12:30pm, it's now 3:54am. The long day was worth it, my car was junk so I put on my crew chief hat and went to work. Three cars to keep tabs on, all did well especially my dad. Big win for him....he got his first Wally!!! His car was deadly consistent and he was dead on the tree all day long. He beat his good friend in his 72 gremlin for the win. Very Happy I'll get some pics and video up tomorrow(well today I guess) later after I get some sleep.
BBF=Wally (Updated with video and winners circle photo) BriansIphone005
Sorry about the crappy pic but at 3:30 a.m. no one was in the mood to be retaking pics...LOL. I'm the runt to the far left, my dads in the pink, his good buudy that he put out in the finals, then my goofy brother.
BBF=Wally (Updated with video and winners circle photo) Th_BriansIphone003-4
Enjoy the video of some good ol stick shift racing!!!! Very Happy

Last edited by Race Ready Fabrications on July 3rd 2011, 11:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

BBF=Wally (Updated with video and winners circle photo) Empty Re: BBF=Wally (Updated with video and winners circle photo)

Post  Wheelie58 July 3rd 2011, 7:21 am

Man..that is great news! What track.....what event?
Nice ....!
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

BBF=Wally (Updated with video and winners circle photo) Empty Re: BBF=Wally (Updated with video and winners circle photo)

Post  bbf-falcon July 3rd 2011, 9:04 am

Congrats Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans July 3rd 2011, 9:47 am

Brian and his dad Bob were at Chandler Motorsports Park outside of Evansville, IN (where we were) yesterday. Bob has a couple of very nice cars, but many of you remember his beautiful 1956 Ford Crown Vic. It was at the first Ford Bash and has the original two tone pink and cream white paint. Tell the 'ole man we said congrats Exclamation Very Happy

Uncle Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird July 3rd 2011, 9:50 am

Hey Brian ,tell Big Bob I said congrats !!! That's Awesome!! cheers king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDave65 July 3rd 2011, 11:09 am

Congrats, Good Job!
BigDave65
BigDave65

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans July 3rd 2011, 11:10 am

Cool Cool

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  342g July 3rd 2011, 1:57 pm

Great job by your dad, tell him congrats. cheers
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  138 July 3rd 2011, 2:09 pm

bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy July 3rd 2011, 8:18 pm

Congrats to your Dad on his 1st Wally ! Cool
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications July 3rd 2011, 11:30 pm

Wheelie58 wrote:Man..that is great news! What track.....what event?
Nice ....!
Keith

c.evans wrote:Brian and his dad Bob were at Chandler Motorsports Park outside of Evansville, IN (where we were) yesterday. Bob has a couple of very nice cars, but many of you remember his beautiful 1956 Ford Crown Vic. It was at the first Ford Bash and has the original two tone pink and cream white paint. Tell the 'ole man we said congrats Exclamation Very Happy

Uncle Charlie
Charlie hit it on the head. It was our annual National Dragster Challenge. It gives us low life bracket racers an opportunity to run for a wally. They've been having these races for about ten years now. My dads been in three wally finals and never been able to pull out the win until this weekend. I beat him the first time.... Very Happy
I have two wallys myself so I've been riding him pretty hard to win one. Very Happy
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  512Fairlane July 3rd 2011, 11:55 pm

I love the stick shift cars. My dad is a diehard stick shift racer and I never get tired of standing on the starting line when he leaves. Is that a big block in that thing? What transmission does he run? That's impressive to win a bracket race with a stick. Love it.
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications July 4th 2011, 12:28 am

512Fairlane wrote:I love the stick shift cars. My dad is a diehard stick shift racer and I never get tired of standing on the starting line when he leaves. Is that a big block in that thing? What transmission does he run? That's impressive to win a bracket race with a stick. Love it.

Big blocks and stick shifts forever!!! LOL Motor's a 521 with edelbrock heads, small roller cam, weiand stealth and a 1050. Tranny's a g-force 5 speed. The big shaft toploaders and richmond 5 speeds won't last. He swapped to an aluminum flywheel this time and it's really seemed to help with the violent wheel stands and the parts breakage.
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy July 4th 2011, 9:58 am

c.evans wrote:Brian and his dad Bob were at Chandler Motorsports Park outside of Evansville, IN (where we were) yesterday. Bob has a couple of very nice cars, but many of you remember his beautiful 1956 Ford Crown Vic. It was at the first Ford Bash and has the original two tone pink and cream white paint. Tell the 'ole man we said congrats Exclamation Very Happy

Uncle Charlie

Hey Charlie, to refresh my clouded memory ... is that the car which left the starting line at the bash twisting-up like screw...?

It was VERY unassuming to say the least.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 July 4th 2011, 10:06 am

Nice !!! Congrats !!!
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird July 4th 2011, 10:18 am

I heard that a BBF also won Super Pro...Dylan Winters 1st time out in a full size dragster (Scott Carman's Step Son) Way to go Dylan too!! BBF were kickin butt!!! cheers king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications July 4th 2011, 10:21 am

rmcomprandy wrote:

Uncle Charlie

Hey Charlie, to refresh my clouded memory ... is that the car which left the starting line at the bash twisting-up like screw...?

It was VERY unassuming to say the least.

Yep...same car. After some convincing after that bash I talked him into an anti-roll bar. He's kinda hard headed....but the cool factor wore off after so many parts were breaking. He has broken 2 richmonds, the toploader twice and countless rear ends!!! So the g-force tranny and a pro gear have made all the difference for his car.
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications July 4th 2011, 10:23 am

56Tbird wrote:I heard that a BBF also won Super Pro...Dylan Winters 1st time out in a full size dragster (Scott Carman's Step Son) Way to go Dylan too!! BBF were kickin butt!!! cheers king

Yep...he looked super stoked when driving up to stage the car for a break single in the final. His competition had the bye with 3 cars left, went to make a full pass and broke on the starting line. Way to go Dylan!!!!!!
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  512Fairlane July 4th 2011, 3:27 pm

Race Ready Fabrications wrote:
512Fairlane wrote:I love the stick shift cars. My dad is a diehard stick shift racer and I never get tired of standing on the starting line when he leaves. Is that a big block in that thing? What transmission does he run? That's impressive to win a bracket race with a stick. Love it.

Big blocks and stick shifts forever!!! LOL Motor's a 521 with edelbrock heads, small roller cam, weiand stealth and a 1050. Tranny's a g-force 5 speed. The big shaft toploaders and richmond 5 speeds won't last. He swapped to an aluminum flywheel this time and it's really seemed to help with the violent wheel stands and the parts breakage.

We broke several toploaders over the years behind Clevelands (along with drive shafts, rear ends etc.). Finally switched to a Jerico and haven't had problems since. 35 spline Mark Williams axles, gears, etc. etc. I can't imagine keeping parts together in a car that heavy. But its hard to beat the cool factor of leaving the line with the pedal on the floor. I'd love to run a stick but I spent too much time working on my Dad's growing up. I'd rather be racing.
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues July 6th 2011, 10:20 pm

Great Job, Congrats!
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

http://www.russhoodinsurance.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down