BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hydroplane Racing

2 posters

Go down

Hydroplane Racing Empty Hydroplane Racing

Post  rmcomprandy July 8th 2011, 11:59 pm

I went down to "Free Friday" today on the riverfront to watch the Gold Cup boats and Grand Prix boats try to qualify.
I just couldn't get interested in watching the smaller ones although there was one 144" Ford inline six cylinder powered boat that really flew.
The show on the water was great but, what I saw in the pits made me dejected. 17 "Grand Prix" boats and not one of them Ford powered. Six Mopar Hemis - 2 big inch Chevy LS engines - 9 B.B Chevys with pretty much every cylinder head brand represented.
If I had the money I'd donate a BOSS Ford so it would at least be represented; at least a 385 series wedge. I was told there were several national boats which weren't there but, how many of them are going to be Ford powered.

I had to go back over to the turbine powered Gold Cup boat area to keep from gettin' sick about it.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Hydroplane Racing Empty Re: Hydroplane Racing

Post  schmitty July 9th 2011, 12:55 am

Is there a reason other than everyone has to have a Chevy for no Fords? Suspect I would think the Fords would shine quite well in this venue.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy July 9th 2011, 1:17 am

schmitty wrote:Is there a reason other than everyone has to have a Chevy for no Fords? Suspect I would think the Fords would shine quite well in this venue.

My thoughts exactly ... I have no idea why ... or why not.
Fords have a lot of representable stock intake port location cylinder heads.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down