BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seymour WI

2 posters

Go down

Seymour WI  Empty Seymour WI

Post  TRUKPULR July 27th 2011, 11:35 am

Seymour WI

OK Pull Started @ 7:30 p.m. we had two tracks tonight, one with all the farm tractors and the Red Sled from Weyauwega, And we had Jimmies 007 sled on the truck side of the track. All together I think there was 20 classes tonight with Mod 4x4 being the last class for the night on Jimmies side. So I watched the track as it came and went The Track prep crew there was pretty good. We had all the facilities equipment at our disposal and they know how to get the job done. So the track looked marblie when I first looked at it but as the classes went down the track it started to take shape. It was Dry and loose for the first 40 feet then it got hard and sticky, and then at the 285' mark it got dry and loose again from the trucks spinning out in that area. So after 5 classes or so going down the track they came out with there water truck and laid some water down on the track where it was loose. I'll say it helped hold the dust down but now it made the track slippery in those area for the next class which was 10,500 Hot farm guys.

The Hot Farm guys had there hands full tonight, there tractors would hook up 20 feet out of the hole then hit that slippery spot and spin there wheels wildly and then hook up again at the 150 foot mark and I mean they'd get some track speed here then hit the slippery spot at 300' then come to a Sliding stop at 335' area. One guy was a little side ways when he hit the sticky part of the track and dame near rolled his tractor over. It was a Scary Moment for sure.
So with the classes witling down the track getting better with each run it finally came time for the Mod 4x4 to run.

So Jimmy pulled his sled back to make a weight adjustment in his weight box for the class. And I see this guy in a Skid Steer trying to fill in the holes that had formed in the starting line area. Now this had me a little worried seeing how the track just got better from the last time they Prepped the track. And I Know there was no way they could pack the clay in that he just put in the holes, So know we have yet another Missile to dodge as we take off.
First truck in the class was Derek Peetz, I'll say Derek had a good launch and pulled the sled 331.92 which was a Dame good run in anyone's book. They said the sled was set good, so next up was Steve Swanson I was moving ShaZam up on the scale when Steve ran but I hear someone say he bounced like a bunny rabbit and broke at the 266.83 mark.
So next up was Scott Kickbush and I'll say Scott used the whole track up. As he came off the line he veered right corrected then veered left corrected then veered right again then left again and as he hit the 300 foot mark got it all straighten out and landed his truck at the 356.67' mark on a 350 foot track. Afterwards talking with Jimmy he says the GPS unit logs all movement of the sled during the run so when you run a big S down the track you can gain footage. Something good to know for future pulls. So with Scott being clocked at 26.9 mph I figured Jimmy was letting us run pretty good so I made a last minute gear change up to my big gear to see if I could get ShaZam up into the 25 mph area. So as I was changing gear Bruce was up with Poker Face As I was under the box of my truck I heard Bruce come off the line and had a few whoop whoop's then he pretty much matted it and planted it down the track at 344.22' with a track speed of 29.1 mph, Now before Bruce pulled I told him to blaze me a road. But wow 29.1 was going to be hard to beat.
So I told Jimmy I wanted the sled as close to the other sled as he could get with out rubbing the paint. Which Jimmy did a good job for me I was trying to stay out of the whoop whoops area of the starting line. So I get ShaZam hooked to the sled and pull the chain tight get the green flag and I bring the r's up to 4500 and we start to move off the line, I feed ShaZam more throttle and we hit the whoop whoops and ShaZam bounced more then I'd like her too but we made it thru it and I gave ShaZam all the throttle I had to give her and we hit mid track and picked up speed and then it was time to look to land ShaZam and I went a little to high and was stopped at the 339.06' mark and had a track speed of 27.3 mph. Well this was a first run over 25 mph for ShaZam so high five. As I pulled ShaZam onto the trailer Junk Yard Dog was having a bad day with Jimmies sled, John didn't make it thru the whoop whoops very well and ended up getting side ways and got manhandled by the sled. Well like I told John's wife's Mary Good thing His Retired, now he's got all week to get the truck fixed for Lena.
Billy Buck was up next with Fast Forward and Billy Drove like a Veteran made it thru the bad area and laid a good pull down of 338.39' and a track speed of 29.2 mph. So next up was Bruce with Bad to the Bone and Bruce slide it thru the whoop whoop area but his motor didn't come up so he gave the clutch a stab and it came to life with a little wheel chatter but it hooked and he made a pull of 338.80' with a track speed 27.8 mph. Ok My Beer drinking Buddy Craig was up next and I told Travis and Bruce if Craig can make it thru the whoop whoops we're in trouble. So I see he had Jimmy Move the sled way low on the track. So he was actually starting a little up hill where we all had the sled high starting down hill. Well Craig took off with out a bounce and put all his power to the track right out of the hole and one of the best runs I ever seen come from Cold Ethyl and he Slid to a stop at the 346.68' mark and had a track speed of 29.5 mph.
Last Truck in the class was Tom Scheffen running his DOT tires he just needed to make a run to see if the bugs where worked out of his truck yet. Which he found yet a few more bugs he need to address. But once he got going he laid a run down of 323.85' and had a track speed of 25.90mph.

So class final was
1st Scott Kickbush 356.67
2nd Craig Emmes 346.68
3rd Poker Face 344.22
4th ShaZam 339.06
5th Bad to the Bone 338.80
6th Billy Buck 338.39
7th Derek Peetz 331.92
8th Tom Scheffen 323.85
9th Steve Swanson 266.83
10th John Vanne DQ

OK this Saturday is Lena Pull Starts at 3:00 p.m. with all 9 club classes. So see ya there.

Dan and ShaZam
TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

http://www.shazampulling.com

Back to top Go down

Seymour WI  Empty Re: Seymour WI

Post  njstang87 July 29th 2011, 10:10 am

Congrats on the track speed.

njstang87

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum