BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Green Lake WI PULL

Go down

Green Lake WI PULL Empty Green Lake WI PULL

Post  TRUKPULR August 5th 2011, 2:03 pm

Green Lake WI

OK I knew when I left home where I wanted to park my rig for the night here in Green Lake. Problem is you have to get here early to get the spot. So I got up at Noon figuring I’d make it to green Lake by 3:30 and claim my spot for the pull that started at 7 p.m. tonight. So I was on the road by 1 p.m. stopped in Coleman to top the Grunt trucks main tank off and get some Subway sandwiches for the weekend. I was back on the road by 1:50 p.m. and was heading south at 75mph when my driver front wheel bearing decided to go east. My truck made a mad dash for the center median, and as I wrestled it to the shoulder of the road and got it stopped the wheel was smoking big time. So I called my Buddy Bruce Wagner and put out a SOSR (Stranded on Side of Road). I told him the Wheel bearing went south and come pick me up with his rollback and bring his Shop truck to haul my trailer back home. Bruce knowing how I hate to miss pulls asked if I was sure it was the wheel bearing. I told him yes it was grinding and pulled hard to the left. Bruce told me to start pulling the front end apart and he’d be there in 30 minutes with new parts to fix me up. So I hobbled it back to the gas station just so I wasn’t on the 4 lanes doing this. I had everything apart by time Bruce showed up with the new hub assembly 20 minutes later at 3:35 p.m. I was back on the road doing 75 making up time. Pulled into the pits at Green Lake 5:42 p.m. My spot was taken already. Bummer.

So I go to register for the pull and I pull a 7, which turned out to be really 4th in the line up for Super Stock, and there were 14 trucks here tonight. So the pull starts out with the local stock guys, and the sled guy gave them a really light sled the real stock guys where pulling the sled 285 to 300 feet but there where a few guys that weren’t really Stock Stock and they where pulling the sled 450 to 520 feet. The Flag guy finally got feed up with these guys not stopping when he flagged them to stop and started to DQ them. I’ll say there where three buddies who had more like Open Stock trucks running in this class with old Super Stock Motors running cast manifolds. The funny part of this whole deal is there running 450 feet for a 15, 10, 5 dollar pay out with a 20 dollar entry fee in the class. So after the class was done there was a meeting and the guys that went 350 feet or more would have a pull off after the main pull was over.

SO OK we Finally get to the Super Stock trucks. The class before we pulled was Hot Farm and they added 4 3000-pound weights to the box of the sled for them. And I said if they leave those weights in the box we’ll be pulling 280 to 285. Well Roy was the first truck in the class and he pulled the sled 281 so I was right on my perdition. Well the sled guy decided to make a change and pulled one weight out and moved the last stage up a little. So now I’m the 3rd truck in the class and I know I’m going to get boned big time as this track is just like Amherst where the last truck takes the win. So now it let do the best we can and ride out the class to see where I finish. So with the resetting of the sled the first truck up was John Aumann He a good lunch and pulled the sled 306.18 so he kept his pull and set the mark to beat. Next up was Pat Bosch and he hooked up and pulled the sled 301.93.
Everything is going good so far. So now I noticed the Track guys where only coming up half way down the track with the leveler and wobble wheel, but they came all the way for the first two guys So once again It’s the luck of the Homa’s that ShaZam get only half the track groomed. So I get all hooked up and get ready to take off and then the track guys decide to come all the way down and groom the whole track. In the mean time ShaZam is sitting idling on the line and getting loaded up.
So as I go to take off I had a stumble at 3500 rpm’s and then I held the clutch back to 4500 but the tires hooked like right now and I almost had a replay of Sugar bush but this time ShaZam was able to come out from under herself and hit 7800 and then held at 7600 down the track pulling the sled to the 305.31 foot mark putting ShaZam in 2nd place for the moment. Now I have to sit and watch as the other 11 other trucks try to put me out of the money tonight. Tory was up next and I have to get this on Record. He got boned to night big time. Well the track guys decide to only go half-track for him and left him a nice pile of dirt at the 200-foot mark that he had to jump over and it pretty much took the wind out of his sails and stopped him at the 304.62 mark putting him in 3rd just behind ShaZam. So up next was Tracy Breister with her New Truck called Backdraft. It a new old Chevy that looks really cool, Her hubby Brain said once he gets it worked out he’s going to have to watch her pretty close or she’ll put a whopping on him. Will tonight Tracy got hit with the same pile of dirt and came to a stop at the 299.49 mark. So for the time being ShaZam is looking pretty good in 2nd place.
Next up was Todd Smits he’s got that Chevy that buzzes at 10,000 r’s well he stumbled out of the hole but was at 10,500 by the 200 foot mark and moved into first place with a pull of 309.49. Next up was Jeff Rivers and with the new road just blazed for him he put his years of knowledge to work for him and ran Aftershock down the track and put himself in first place with a pull of 319.75 feet. Next up was Scott Kickbush and Scott had an ok run but only got to the 304.07 mark. I thought he’d done better with Jeff blazing a new path for him but it is what it is. SO next up was Tom Bosch he mustered a pull of 292.26. Next up was suppose to be John Hollatz but the hook wouldn’t fit in his hitch so they pulled him off to the side to make room in the hitch for it and Travis Lentz pull up next. Travis once again out did ShaZam and moved me down the ladder to 5th pulling the sled to the 307.75 mark. Next up was Dallas Luther and he managed a pull of 303.85 tonight. Man this guy has been kicking my a$$ All year in N.E.W. but not tonight. Next up was Rendall Potratz and he came up short with a pull of 272.05. So they finally made John’s hitch big enough so the hook would fit with a torch and he got hooked up to the sled. John after all his work managed to yank the sled 289.11 so with one truck left to go ShaZam is sitting in 5th and Roy headed back to the starting line. By rights Roy should end up winning this pull. So he gets all hooked up to the sled and make what I would call a flawless run and ended up stopping at the 308.08 mark. Putting Roy in 3rd place. So there you have it ShaZam finished the night in 6th place. Good enough to cover fuel cost down here. So it bed time and I have all day tomorrow to get to DePere WI for the pull there at 7:00 p.m.

So one more beer then its bed time for me. It’s now 12:37 a.m.

See ya tonight at DePere.

Dan and ShaZam
TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

http://www.shazampulling.com

Back to top Go down