BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DePere WI Pull

3 posters

Go down

DePere WI Pull Empty DePere WI Pull

Post  TRUKPULR August 6th 2011, 9:07 pm

DePere WI @ Corrigan's
Well I got to DePere at 8 a.m. and set up camp for the day there. Wasn't much to do today seeing how I wrote the Green Lake story on Thursday night after the pull. So I took the day easy and went thru ShaZam and did Valve Lash and Seat Pressure Checks. Everything looked good so buttoned everything back up and took a Mid-day Nap. So after a few games of Spider solitary it was time to take my post at one of the gates to collect admission for the Clubs pull here tonight.

So at 6:30 they called the drivers Meeting and the pull started at 7:00 p.m. With Super Stock being the 3rd class of the evening and I'm the Lucky number one puller in the class tonight. So You know I'm going to run ShaZam hard but then turn the pull down to come back at the end because the track will get better as the night goes on. So after they move some weight around on the sled I get hooked up and Pull the chain tight. I bring the R's up and left the line in a buzz of Dust and Spinning Tires the motor Zinged up to 8200 and then went to 8500 for the ride down the track . Pat Stopped me at the 285 foot mark and signaled me he was going to reset the sled. So with the first run down the track I knew I'd better gear up and try too hold my r's down in the 7900 to 8000 range where I like to run. So with the reset Jack Peters was the first puller and his pull took him to the 285.7 mark, But then lost oil pressure and shut his motor down. Next up was Donny Skinkis and Donny put the new high mark on the track of 308.84 feet with a track speed of 22.5 mph, next up was Dallas Luther and he pulled the sled to the 307.42 mark with a track speed of 21.9 mph, Next up was Mike Kauss and Mike got his front end working for him this week with the addition of some new shock. But when Pat dropped the pan on him he came to a stop at the 302.44 mark with a track speed of 21.6 mph, As of now it looks like the track is fading away on us. Derek Peetz was up next and he was stopped at the 305.64 mark with a track speed of 22.1 mph, So next up was Bruce Wagner and when it was all said and over with Pat stopped Bad to the Bone at the 306.08 with a track speed of 22.5 mph, So up to this point Pat is stacking them up in a 6.4 foot area. Next up was Tom Scheffen and Pat stopped the Swap Rat at the 296.09 mark with a track speed of 20.6 mph, Ben Holtger was up next and Ben was stopped at the 304.62 mark and he had a track speed of 21.5 mph, So where getting to the end of the class here with Frannie Metz driving the Junk Yard Dog, and Frannie had the magic gear in the truck tonight, As he left the line the truck hooked hard and Frannie was on a ride Sliding to a stop at a New high point of 311.28 with a track speed of 22.9 mph. So OK ShaZam was back up again as last truck in the class, As I got hooked to the sled I pulled the chain tight held the brake and brought the r's up to 4500 and ShaZam didn't want anything to do with taking off smoothly tonight, She gave a me a little bucking show jumping off the ground like she did in Mishicot, So Pat pulled me back and we tried it again, this time I brought the R's up to 5000 and let the wheels spin free right from the starting line. 50 feet out the Wheels hooked to the Track and we where off to the races picking up speed at mid track I felt the sled crest this little hill that had form there, and this is where I knew I was heading out the end, When Pat dropped the last stage on me ShaZam and I slide to a stop at the 314.83 mark and we had top speed of the class at 24.2 mph.

So Everyone was telling me how Great of a hook ShaZam had in Super Stock, I was getting High Fives it seemed from all the puller, I told them every dog has his day and Tonight was ShaZam's night I guess, It would be great if we could do the same in Mod too. But only time will tell.
I switched tires and Dropped to my middle gear, and got thru staging and waited for mod class to come up keeping a close eye on the track, As the night went on it really started to get better.
Mid way thru the 10,500 Tractor Class Pat Broke an axle on the Sled that drives it back down the track, So the pulled the axle out and made a cover to keep the oil from leaking out of the rear-end and they had to pull the sled back with a tractor the rest of the night. With this they had to rerun the 10,500 class after the Mod truck due to noise ordinance for the neighborhood.
I was the 4th puller in the class of 7 trucks. First up was Bad to the Bone and Bruce set the mark at 290.36 and a 25.4 track speed, he kept the pull seeing he was also last puller with Poker Face and he didn't want to have to run back for the other truck. So next up was Sheila Vanne driving Junk Yard Dog, Sheila got the chain tight and matted the gas to the floor and held it there tell the sled stopped her at the 279.22 mark with a track speed of 22.6 mph, Next up was Nick Chemla driving Bill Buck's Fast Forward, Nick must of watched Sheila to get the Chain tight and flat foot it tell the sled stopped him at the 299.20 mark with a track speed of 25.0 mph putting him in 1st place. I was next up and I thought I had the road made so I'll just follow it, So I get hooked up and pull the chain tight and as I left the line ShaZam had no problem leaving this time and as we hit mid track I felt ShaZam drop a cylinder and we came to a stop at the 283.26 mark and I had a track speed of 23.6 mph . So I had to get pulled back to my trailer, ShaZam was making all kinds a banging and clanging I figured I must have Broke the front end again with all the noise I was hearing. So next up was Derek Peetz and Derek stopped in my holes I think he pulled 283.61 with a track speed of 23.7 mph, Next up was Donny Skinkis and he yanked the sled 297.65 with a track speed of 26.2 mph putting him in 2nd place, Last truck in the class was Poker Face and Bruce has been working on getting Poker Face to plant the rear end harder during the run and tonight the sled stopped him at 296.67 with a track speed 25.7 mph. Bruce said he felt it Hook better but still need some more tweaking.

So we get ShaZam loaded on to the trailer and it was time to get something to eat and drink some beer. So we headed to the Bar across the street called the Couches Corner and Closed the place up. So where up at 6 a.m. and headed home to see what we broke on ShaZam.

Update:

OK the banging I heard was my Drive shaft Loop on the reverser to the pro-fab broke loose. So I pulled the valve covers and Found number 3 Cylinder pulled the rocker stud boss out of the head, and broke the welds on the Shaft rockers stands. So now I have to pull the head off and have it welded up. Don't think I'll get it fixed this season with only 2 pulls left.

So looks like this is the last story for this year. Hope you all enjoyed the reading.

See ya Next year

Dan and ShaZam

http://www.shazampulling.com

Back to top Go down

DePere WI Pull Empty Re: DePere WI Pull

Post  bbf-falcon August 6th 2011, 10:45 pm

Love reading your stories. You need to write for a magazine Shocked Sorry too hear about the breakage Sad

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  njstang87 August 7th 2011, 2:59 am

Sad to hear this is the last pull of the season for you. Keep us updated on improvements and such.

njstang87

Back to top Go down

DePere WI Pull Empty Update

Post  TRUKPULR August 8th 2011, 10:33 pm

UpDate

Last Saturday I was at the local Town Festival Called Water Front.. Big Shindig for Menominee MI. But anyway I ran into my Grandson and he was devastated that I wasn't going to be at the Suring pull next one he'd be able to go to. So after further review I'll take some time to get the head welded up and put back together to finish out the season. I have 10 days before the next pull so I think it's feasible.

Dan
TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

http://www.shazampulling.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down