BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inspect and rebuild my C-6 or buy a new TCI full manual trans..?

5 posters

Go down

Inspect and rebuild my C-6 or buy a new TCI full manual trans..? Empty Inspect and rebuild my C-6 or buy a new TCI full manual trans..?

Post  MoGreen September 11th 2009, 8:51 am

I was considering just using the C-6 that came along with the motor out of a 1973 F-350 .. to put in my Notchback... It looks to be very good... Tranny fluid was good & red... But I was gonna put in a TCI full manual reverse valvebody after getting it fully inspected.. or should I go ahead and hand-over the cheese for a new TCI competition trans..? what do you guys think I should do... My motor is 545 fully forged SCAT internal behemoth.

MoGreen

Back to top Go down

Inspect and rebuild my C-6 or buy a new TCI full manual trans..? Empty Re: Inspect and rebuild my C-6 or buy a new TCI full manual trans..?

Post  Greg_P September 11th 2009, 9:34 am

I have NEVER seen a TCI C6 that worked right.

If you're interested in a performance C6 and have doubts about building your own, do what I finally did..... Call Jay at Broader Performance!

http://www.broaderperformance.com

He's a very cool guy and when I couldn't build a C6 that would live behind my 545, he took good care of me and built me a strong trans that has been working good.

Greg
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

Inspect and rebuild my C-6 or buy a new TCI full manual trans..? Empty Re: Inspect and rebuild my C-6 or buy a new TCI full manual trans..?

Post  the1969fordguyinky September 29th 2009, 3:10 pm

Back in my smallblock days I purchased a new TCI streetfighter. Leaked from day one at the linkage, but on the bright side made it two years of "very aggressive" driving. Rolling Eyes
I'm not saying TCI is junk, just that mine wasn't so great.
the1969fordguyinky
the1969fordguyinky

Back to top Go down

Inspect and rebuild my C-6 or buy a new TCI full manual trans..? Empty I have the TCI VB

Post  512Fairlane October 14th 2009, 10:03 pm

I have a TCI manual valve body without a brake. I have always had 2-3 shift flare issues. I don't know for sure that it is the valve body but from what I've read on here and the old forum it could very well be the problem.
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs October 14th 2009, 10:14 pm

When all else fails, contact Frank Merkl. He's the man for the C-6. Broader is good as well.
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down