BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Ignition Help

Go down

Need Ignition Help Empty Need Ignition Help

Post  SCJF350 August 8th 2011, 3:32 pm

Recently got my truck put back together. @ 150 miles on it & my ignition fails. I have a Jacobs Pro Street Ignition & coil & the Crane Optical Distributor. Fuses are ok, I have power to ignition box & distributor. Nothing back from distrbutor to the ignition & no power to the coil. I don't have acess to spare components to simply test it out, so I need help with determing what would be my FIRST thing to replace. I know it is gonna get spendy tracing out this gremlin. It sure would be nice to get it right the first time, but my luck hasn't been working like that in this projest. Does the coil require a signal fron the distributor to the ignition box or should it get constant power from the ignition regardless of distributor? I did run a jumper wire to the coil, it still had no spark & jumper wire got very hot. Other things i've tested is no power from these components even while cranking the engine. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Ken

SCJF350

Back to top Go down