BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

During the off Week

2 posters

Go down

During the off Week Empty During the off Week

Post  TRUKPULR August 11th 2011, 6:37 pm

OK During the Off Week

I Pulled the Head and had by my Buddy Craig welded it up, Sent it to a Local shop here called Theisen Tool & Machine, Where he re-machined the stud surface and drilled a new hole and put the insert in the head. So heads fixed now.

Upon pulling the head I found half a Roller lifter in the valley, So upon further inspection I found I blew up another Roller lifter and something from that got under the other lifter and that's what caused the coil bind and pulled the stud boss out of the head. We now know what happened.

So I pulled the oil pan and cleaned all the stuff I found in there out which was pretty much the bottom part of the roller lifter that blew up. So with all parts accounted for I'll button it back up and install another new set of lifters and finish the season out.

So when I send the motor back to the Race Shop this fall for it's freshening, We'll have to look at the cam to see if I have to fast a ramp speed that's letting the lifter bounce on the lobe causing the lifters to fail.

Dan and ShaZam
TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

http://www.shazampulling.com

Back to top Go down

During the off Week Empty Re: During the off Week

Post  njstang87 August 12th 2011, 9:25 am

Awesome, glad you can finish the season out Dan.

njstang87

Back to top Go down