BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any pics of the 'Merkl mod' to the TCI RMVB w/ brake?

2 posters

Go down

Any pics of the 'Merkl mod' to the TCI RMVB w/ brake? Empty Any pics of the 'Merkl mod' to the TCI RMVB w/ brake?

Post  BigBlockRanger August 24th 2011, 9:57 am

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?
BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

Back to top Go down

Any pics of the 'Merkl mod' to the TCI RMVB w/ brake? Empty Re: Any pics of the 'Merkl mod' to the TCI RMVB w/ brake?

Post  powerstrokeace August 25th 2011, 10:50 pm

I think Franks mods are to the NON Trans Brake TCI valvebodies

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

Any pics of the 'Merkl mod' to the TCI RMVB w/ brake? Empty Re: Any pics of the 'Merkl mod' to the TCI RMVB w/ brake?

Post  BigBlockRanger August 26th 2011, 9:45 am

No it's the brake vb's that he has a fix for. This is the text for the fix. Not being all the familiar with C6 vb's, I just wanted to see a pic to be 100% sure of what I am doing.

TCI trans brake fix:

If it's a TCI I have a fix for it as the problem is the 2 checkball slots in the lower half of the valvebody are too large and too long and the checkball cannot find there seats in the spacer plate. there should be 2- 1/4" steel checkball ,one in each slot . you need to fill these slots with JB WEld or another good 2 part epoxy , then using the spacer plate as a pattern mark the 4 checkball seats in the epoxy - using a 9/32" drill bit drill 4 holes in the epoxy approximately 9/32" deep at the 4 marked spots, then using the drillbit router a new checkball slot in the epoxy , make sure the checkballs will roll free from one end to the other in both slots - install the spacerplate and check to make sure the checkballs will roll from one end of the slot to the other and not over shoot there intended seat, the holes in the spacerplate should be 7/32" for the High checkball and 5/32" for the low checkball . In between the lower half of the valvebody and the spacerplate there should be a gasket ,if there is not make one out of .005" gasket material, Torque all Valvebody bolts to 55 inch/lb's
Frank
BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down