BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wausaukee WI

2 posters

Go down

Wausaukee WI Empty Wausaukee WI

Post  TRUKPULR August 28th 2011, 9:41 am

Wausaukee WI

OK I blew the motor up in my Diesel Grunt truck so this weekend I have Luxury Of Driving to the pulls using my Beer drinking buddy Craig's Truck and Trailer.

OK this is the last P.I. Mod pull for me this year. They have a Pull in Oregon WI in a few weeks but It's down in the lower corner of the state 5 hour drive away.
So all I wanted to do tonight was to finish better then I did in Manitowoc. There was 8 trucks here tonight, and I was the last truck in the class. So the track prep took till 7:30 p.m. so the pull started late. 4x4 Mod was the 4th class of the night. So before you knew it, it was time to bring the trucks in and get thru staging.

Cory Lemirande was the first puller in the class and he pulled Gary's sled to the 306.40' mark and he kept this pull, So we have our target.
Next up was Poker face with my beer drinking buddy Craig Emmes driving for Bruce tonight. Craig did a good job driving this truck for the first time leaving the line with out issue and planted the truck really good going down the track pulling the sled to the 301.95' mark.
Next up was Derek Peetz and he pulled Gary's sled to the 278.62' mark.
Mike Derr was up next and Mike pulled the sled to the 290.90' mark so up to this point the track is going away on us.
Next up was Sue Sterwald and she placed the sled in the middle of the track and she had a great run pulling the sled to 294.12' mark.
So up next was Playing Hooky the home town Truck of the Figas's and JR Motorsports. This is a real 1500 H.p. 650 Cid alcohol injected Big Block Chevy Hemi. As they left the line he never spun a lug of dirt till he hit the 50' mark then he eased into the throttle as he headed down the track, Being stopped at the 301.82' mark.
Next up was Steve Sterwald he placed the sled far left on the track and pulled the sled to the 286.55' mark.
So I been pacing around tonight like my buddy Dean at the pulls, So I had Gary place the sled in the middle and got hooked up. I was given the signal to tighten the chain, and I got the green flag. Tonight I went thru my routine and I remembered to hit the tach recorded switch. As I left the line I gave ShaZam full throttle about 10 feet out and held on for the ride down the track. As I felt the daggers Gary had sticking out the bottom of the skid pad dig into the track at the 175' mark I hoped to make it to the 300' mark but came up short with a 286.46' pull.
Well that put me in the 7th place spot for the night. One better then in Manitowoc. So I guess I did good for the night. but now Craig told me I had somewhat more smoke coming from the Passenger side of the motor. So I'll have to do some looking at the carb. to see if the needle and seat are going to heck.
So ok next week I hope to have my Grunt Truck back for the pulls in Suring WI on Friday Night and Jim Falls WI on Saturday, and then Bob Harris is having a pull on Monday in Norway MI. So I have a full weekend next week. Then after that we go to single pulls for a few weeks till we get to Oct. for the Super Pull in Manitowoc.

Pulling Season is coming to a end fast and I'll fall into my Blue Funk Stage for a few weeks. But then there's only 8 months to go before the new pulling season get here.

Think positive they say.

Till next week Happy reading.

Dan and ShaZam
TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

http://www.shazampulling.com

Back to top Go down

Wausaukee WI Empty Re: Wausaukee WI

Post  njstang87 August 28th 2011, 5:54 pm

thanks dan!

njstang87

Back to top Go down