BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fords @ Indy.

4 posters

Go down

Fords @ Indy. Empty Fords @ Indy.

Post  LivermoreDave September 1st 2011, 9:16 pm

The Ford guys are qualifying well at Indy. It appears the top three S/S qualifiers are Ford's of the modern era as well two or maybe three of the top 10 in Stock Eliminator.

On another note. Did you guys see the videos on Youtube of Randy Hopkins SS/AA Mustang match racing Charlie Wescott's SS/AH Barracuda? The videos I seen, it was one to one. I don't know if a third race was run.

Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Fords @ Indy. Empty Re: Fords @ Indy.

Post  rmcomprandy September 1st 2011, 11:57 pm

LivermoreDave wrote:The Ford guys are qualifying well at Indy. It appears the top three S/S qualifiers are Ford's of the modern era as well two or maybe three of the top 10 in Stock Eliminator.

On another note. Did you guys see the videos on Youtube of Randy Hopkins SS/AA Mustang match racing Charlie Wescott's SS/AH Barracuda? The videos I seen, it was one to one. I don't know if a third race was run.

Dave.

Come-on Dave ... that Mustang isn't goin' 8.40's; high 8.50's maybe. (That's gotta be a driver thing).

It is my opinion which also belongs to MANY others that Supercharged cars don't belong in those classes anyway ... no matter what the brand.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LivermoreDave September 2nd 2011, 11:03 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:

Come-on Dave ... that Mustang isn't goin' 8.40's; high 8.50's maybe. (That's gotta be a driver thing).

It is my opinion which also belongs to MANY others that Supercharged cars don't belong in those classes anyway ... no matter what the brand.

Well Randy don't say I didn't tell ya-so!

At Milan, Hopkins' SS/AA Mustang ran a 8.35@149 to Wescott Jr.'s SS/AH Barracuda 8.43@150. The second run was Wescott against Tasca, Tasca failed just off the starting line.

At Indy today, given probably the same conditions (or similar), Hopkins ran a 8.579 to Wescott Jr.'s 8.425. Was the conditions (Milan/Indy) favorable to one car or the other, car woes, engine woes or driver era, Hopkins' Mustang has ran quicker than Wescott's Barracuda!

Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy September 3rd 2011, 11:54 am

LivermoreDave wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

Well Randy don't say I didn't tell ya-so!

At Milan, Hopkins' SS/AA Mustang ran a 8.35@149 to Wescott Jr.'s SS/AH Barracuda 8.43@150. The second run was Wescott against Tasca, Tasca failed just off the starting line.

At Indy today, given probably the same conditions (or similar), Hopkins ran a 8.579 to Wescott Jr.'s 8.425. Was the conditions (Milan/Indy) favorable to one car or the other, car woes, engine woes or driver era, Hopkins' Mustang has ran quicker than Wescott's Barracuda!

Dave.

There are times at certain races that certain illegalities which can be used are taken advantage of because there is a lack of policing at some events ... that ain't so at Indy.

Who's advantage is 4,000 feet of DA...? That's what Indy has been Thursday, Friday and today.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  LivermoreDave September 3rd 2011, 8:07 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:

Randy you made the statement which is highlighted above. Now whether Hopkins' Mustang was assisted by nitrous, nitromethane, oxygen-aided fuel or some commonly unseen apparatus that would make the engine/car beat King Kong (the monkey) to his knees, he ran faster than you though possible! Maybe Wescott was so excited as the Hopkins' Mustang edged in front of him he missed the shift point of his powerful Barracuda! I don't know what details you prefer, it's simply fact that Hopkins' Mustang did run quicker than 8.40 at the expense of Charlie Wescott Jr..

It's not what has been happening at Indy or elsewhere. Maybe Hopkins' effort to speed up his steed was unsuccessful on a 130* track surface, maybe the car didn't have another sub 8.40 run available. Yes I do understand that if mother nature will not provide the air, a forced induction engine should prevail over a naturally aspirated engine. As we both know, the engine's ability to produce the power to propel a car quicker is only a small part of the equation.

Don't intimate my appetite again, the last cheeseburger sure tasted good!

Best regards,
Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy September 3rd 2011, 11:47 pm

LivermoreDave wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

Randy you made the statement which is highlighted above. Now whether Hopkins' Mustang was assisted by nitrous, nitromethane, oxygen-aided fuel or some commonly unseen apparatus that would make the engine/car beat King Kong (the monkey) to his knees, he ran faster than you though possible! Maybe Wescott was so excited as the Hopkins' Mustang edged in front of him he missed the shift point of his powerful Barracuda! I don't know what details you prefer, it's simply fact that Hopkins' Mustang did run quicker than 8.40 at the expense of Charlie Wescott Jr..

It's not what has been happening at Indy or elsewhere. Maybe Hopkins' effort to speed up his steed was unsuccessful on a 130* track surface, maybe the car didn't have another sub 8.40 run available. Yes I do understand that if mother nature will not provide the air, a forced induction engine should prevail over a naturally aspirated engine. As we both know, the engine's ability to produce the power to propel a car quicker is only a small part of the equation.

Don't intimate my appetite again, the last cheeseburger sure tasted good!

Best regards,
Dave.

Yea ... I guess I should have made it clear that I meant THIS weekend in totally legal Super Stock configurations.
My bad, lol.

Being I was talking about how it would run at the NHRA Indy Nationals I thought that would be understood. I should have known better, Wink

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  LivermoreDave September 4th 2011, 10:36 am

rmcomprandy wrote:Being I was talking about how it would run at the NHRA Indy Nationals I thought that would be understood. I should have known better, Wink

Remember who you are sharing your wealth of knowledge with ...... an ignoramus from Livermore!

Have a good day,
Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  LivermoreDave September 4th 2011, 10:42 am

https://youtu.be/32WkkJ_WVAU

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  John Myrick September 4th 2011, 12:49 pm

LivermoreDave wrote:https://youtu.be/32WkkJ_WVAU

That is fast.....I don't care chevy or not
John Myrick
John Myrick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy September 4th 2011, 1:37 pm

jjmstang wrote:
LivermoreDave wrote:https://youtu.be/32WkkJ_WVAU

That is fast.....I don't care chevy or not

??????????????????????? Chevy ??????????????????????? ... lol.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  crittersf1 September 4th 2011, 1:43 pm

Chevy 'Cuda or Chevy Mustang?
crittersf1
crittersf1

Back to top Go down

Post  John Myrick September 4th 2011, 2:01 pm

Aaaah shit, it was another video that was linked to that one. A Chevy Duece street car that went 6.95
John Myrick
John Myrick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down