BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Labor Day Weekend Pulls

Go down

Labor Day Weekend Pulls Empty Labor Day Weekend Pulls

Post  TRUKPULR September 4th 2011, 4:46 pm

Suring WI

Well I got my grunt truck back from my buddy Bruce’s shop on Thursday and the new motor seems to be making more power then the old ever did. Almost as if the other engine had a problem right from the factory and I never knew it. But that’s all water under the bridge and the grunt truck is as good as new now.
So I get to Suring at 4:00 pm for the 7:00 pm pull and I get the spot right next to the track where I wanted to be. So it looks like things are going my way today. The crew had the track disked up and the put some water on it and was letting it soak in some before they made their second pass with the water truck. As it turned out they should have stop after the first run down the track. The air was really humid and the second pass was too much and they ended up with a sloppy mess that took and extra hour to work out the water. But the track looked great as they called the drivers meeting. And then Mother Nature decide to put her 2 cents into the mix by giving us a 15 minute shower that made the track a gooey pit again. And they had to get a road grader to scrape the clay down to the dry stuff again. But we got the show on the road by 9:30 pm, First the Super Stock Truck where going to be the 6th class of the night but they figured the track might not hold up so the moved the Super’s up to the 4th class in hopes we could get the last points pull in the books. So at 11:30 pm we were getting lined up for our class. Where I was the 6th puller out of 10 trucks.
1st up was Dallas Luther and he set the mark of the night at 336.77 Going down the track at 21.1 mph
2nd up was Jack Peters and Jack mustered a pull of 300.40 @ 17.0 mph.
3rd up was Tom Scheffen and he just installed a new Fuel Pump his truck ran great tonight, pulling 326.82 @ 20.6 mph.
4th up was Derek Peetz and he laid down a run of 329.05 @ 20.2 mph
5th up was Ben Holtger and Ben had a good run but came up short @ 318.30 @ 18.9 mph
6th up was Me and ShaZam I got hooked up and took off and the tach went to 8200 right away so I backed out of it just a pinch to let the wheels hook to some thing, only to hammer it down again and watch as the tach read 8200 to 8400 as I went down the track. When I came to a stop I knew I was in striking distance of Dallas and as I was leaving the track a guy down on the end gave me the your in 1st place sign, well that made me feel really good so I get back to the trailer withy Chest puffed out and got ready to watch Bruce pull next with Bad to the Bone. Bruce ran a different line then I did and ended up pulling 338.77 @ 22.8 mph and they announced he was in 1st place. So I figured I was sitting in 2nd place.
Next up was John Vanne and John laid a pull down of 340.06 @ 21.6 mph moving into 1st place. So with that I called Jodi to see what I had for a distance and she told me I was sitting in 4th place with a 332.69 and I had a 21.0 mph, So just goes to show you not to believe the guys stand on the end of the track as to where you placed. Chest deflates and we go get a beer to watch the last two trucks run.
Pulling in the 9th position was Steve Swanson and he pulled the sled 332.42 @ 20.8 mph
last truck to pull tonight was Mike Kauss and Tonight was Mike's night pull the sled to the 346.19 mark @ 22.5 mph moving into 1st place.
Final Standings
Name Distance Mph
1 Mike Kauss 346.19 22.5
2 John Vanne 340.06 21.6
3 Bruce Wagner 338.77 22.8
4 Dallas Luther 336.77 21.1
5 Dan Homa 332.69 21.0
6 Steve Swanson 332.42 20.8
7 Derek Peetz 329.05 20.2
8 Tom Scheffen 326.82 20.6
9 Ben Holtger 318.30 18.9
10 Jack Peters 300.40 17.0

OK Next day we ran to Jim Falls WI

We pull in to the parking area @ Noon and head over to the Car show going on across the road. With a little grumble in the tummy so we had some food from the Lion's Booth. Well after lunch we took a little nap but with all the trucks a stuff showing up there was to much noise, So I got up feeling a little Sick from lunch, So I started writing the Suring Story but had to make a dash to the porter $hitter and tried to get rid of that upset feeling. Well as the afternoon turned into evening we got Signed up and this year they used Bingo Balls for placement I got a 46 out of 100 and there turned out to be 26 Super Stock trucks tonight. So they called the drivers meeting and told us the class line up tonight was 8000 Tractors then Super Stuck 4x4 and Mod would be last. So after they figures out the pulling order from the bingo ball drop I was the 9th truck to pull. So I left the gear that I ran 8200 the night before in the box and hoped it was enough to get to the 300 + foot mark for the night. As I pulled onto the Track the first place truck Cory Lemirande was sitting at 317' . As I pulled the chain tight I came off the line at 5000 Rpm's and my tires let go and spun like crazy and the tach went to 8000 so I let out of the gas a little but it was to late and by the time the tires caught the track the sled stopped me at 286' I could see the first place flag a full truck length in front of me so I was really bummed out with my performance tonight. So I took ShaZam back to the trailer grabbed a few beers and headed back to watch the rest of the field pull.

The last Truck of the night pulled at 11:15 p.m. and I was in bed sleeping by 11:30 still not feeling to good. Woke up at 6:30 and went for breakfast in Cadott WI then headed home Pulling into the yard at Noon. So taking it easy today then have a pull in Norway On Monday. Will post that story later.

Dan and ShaZam
TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

http://www.shazampulling.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum