BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glidden and The Rock

2 posters

Go down

Glidden and The Rock Empty Glidden and The Rock

Post  fastfrog September 13th 2009, 2:28 pm

[b]Went to the "Rock" What a Face for the first time in over twenty years. The AHRA or MRDA was having a race. Had "38" Pro Mods Twisted Evil there. Big field of 10.5w class( They had to run with head lights on) Idea also a big field of Pro Stock plus Pro Mod bikes. clown Place was "Packed" 60,000 affraid i would say. They ran 3rd round , then started racing about 3pm. Billy Glidden was there driving a Pontica Gran Am "BUT" had a two stage Nos 408 Ford cheers small block motor. He ran low 4's.The quickis Pro Mod in history field-- 16 cars in the three's. affraid Cut of was 3.98. Sad A close friend of mine for almost thirty years Charles Carpenter ("The Worlds Fastest 55) was there at 3.95. Alot of pretty cars geek and while we were there NOT one car mess up the track, clean racing all day. They also had a Camaro there that had a 4cyl with twin super chargers on it lol! , he ran 4.23 :shock:This was Saturday 12th.--Fastfrog scratch

fastfrog

Back to top Go down

Glidden and The Rock Empty Re: Glidden and The Rock

Post  BOSS 429 September 13th 2009, 10:41 pm

just for the record its a pontiac, GTO, i too wish it was a ford car, but at least its ford powered

-rich
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down