BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

anyone heard of STAR GALAXY INC

+7
Lem Evans
D. Sea
dfree383
cool40
Paul Kane
schmitty
cobra tom
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

anyone heard of STAR GALAXY INC Empty anyone heard of STAR GALAXY INC

Post  cobra tom September 20th 2011, 9:19 pm

anyone heard of this company or used there products? i found them on line and they seem to have alot of parts on the cheap. a 4340 4.500 crank for $625.00, h beam rods 6.800 with arp 2000 bolts for $325.00. im on a budget so the price on all this stuff is good but are the parts junk? any info would be good. thanks.....

cobra tom

Back to top Go down

anyone heard of STAR GALAXY INC Empty Re: anyone heard of STAR GALAXY INC

Post  schmitty September 20th 2011, 9:54 pm

At that price, I'd question the machining tolerances and quality. There are plenty of places that will sell these components, and most are Chinese forgings that are machined here. The quality of the machining is what sets most apart, and as the quality goes up so does the price. If you buy cheap stuff, and then have a competent machinist straighten out the imperfections, you would have been better served to buy the better stuff to begin with. Call Adney Brown at Performance Crankshaft, you won't go wrong. It might be a little more expensive, but he is the best crank guy anywhere, and you might be surprised how affordable his stuff is. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Kane September 21st 2011, 1:19 am

cobra tom wrote:anyone heard of this company or used there products? i found them on line and they seem to have alot of parts on the cheap. a 4340 4.500 crank for $625.00, h beam rods 6.800 with arp 2000 bolts for $325.00. im on a budget so the price on all this stuff is good but are the parts junk? any info would be good. thanks.....
There was a time when the proprietors of Star Galaxy, C.A.T., and RPM all worked under the same roof...if that tells you anything.

Paul
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cobra tom September 25th 2011, 11:39 pm

Curt wrote:Tom, I'm sure Paul wasn't trying to make things as difficult as Randy was. I sure Paul thought you might know the Cat and RPM are not of the quality that we might expect from someone selling parts that require a very small tolerance in a finished product. I think you will find that going with Adney, Scat or better, your $ will be better spent, even if it is at higher initial price. The good thing about this site is there are a lot of helpful people, and a lot of vendors that can set up with with proven parts, that wont require a lot of work after you receive it.

Welcome to the site. Hang around, you will fiqure out the many personalities that lurk here. Suspect I love you
thankyou very much for the info.

cobra tom

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 September 26th 2011, 12:08 am

when you get to the point where the stock parts wont do,the budget stuff is a bad idea.do some looking and ask questions but dont spend your money on junk.whats your idea on a build? use? we can help! Very Happy
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 September 26th 2011, 12:35 am

Stick with Scat Brand stuff for the offshore parts. The other "Brands" are typicaly not very well finished and usually require rework that normaly make the cost more than buying a well finished part to start with.

Adney Brown (Performance Crank) is a good source for reasonably priced well finished off shore cranks. He does the finish work himself and will get you the proper tolerances and finishes needed for a performance application.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea September 26th 2011, 12:05 pm

dfree383 wrote:Stick with Scat Brand stuff for the offshore parts. The other "Brands" are typicaly not very well finished and usually require rework that normaly make the cost more than buying a well finished part to start with.

Adney Brown (Performance Crank) is a good source for reasonably priced well finished off shore cranks. He does the finish work himself and will get you the proper tolerances and finishes needed for a performance application.

I agree... Cobra Tom, give Adney a call, link is in my signature

anyone heard of STAR GALAXY INC Poke anyone heard of STAR GALAXY INC Popcorn
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  cobra tom September 26th 2011, 5:04 pm

cool40 wrote:when you get to the point where the stock parts wont do,the budget stuff is a bad idea.do some looking and ask questions but dont spend your money on junk.whats your idea on a build? use? we can help! Very Happy
i am building a 598 bbf, power glide trans and a nine inch for a 89 fox body mustang with the goal of running outlaw limited street in mi next spring. I have been collecting parts for a while now as money permits. today i bought my crank, rods from performance crankshaft. i have almost all of the parts to assemble the engine except pistons and a cam. i am going to contact charlie evans and see what he recommends in that department.

cobra tom

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 September 26th 2011, 6:56 pm

cobra tom wrote:
cool40 wrote:when you get to the point where the stock parts wont do,the budget stuff is a bad idea.do some looking and ask questions but dont spend your money on junk.whats your idea on a build? use? we can help! Very Happy
i am building a 598 bbf, power glide trans and a nine inch for a 89 fox body mustang with the goal of running outlaw limited street in mi next spring. I have been collecting parts for a while now as money permits. today i bought my crank, rods from performance crankshaft. i have almost all of the parts to assemble the engine except pistons and a cam. i am going to contact charlie evans and see what he recommends in that department.
you are on track now! keep us posted Very Happy
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans September 26th 2011, 8:40 pm

I've read all the post...even the ones Nick deleted...So, is the Star Galaxy stuff good or not? That was the question.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 26th 2011, 8:58 pm

HeLl If I KnOw,',',',',',','',','',','
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 September 26th 2011, 9:35 pm

richter69 wrote:HeLl If I KnOw,',',',',',','',','',','
now i've seen it all! Razz
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans September 26th 2011, 9:37 pm

No ......knowledge was gained.

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Kane September 26th 2011, 9:37 pm

Lem Evans wrote:I've read all the post...even the ones Nick deleted...So, is the Star Galaxy stuff good or not? That was the question.
I think I answered that question. I had posted that Star Galaxy parts are much the same level as C.A.T. and RPM engine parts and that some of the parts offered by these three companies even come from a single source manufacturer. Not sure why that was deleted; they are your everyday run-of-the-mill offshore engine parts.

There are engine combinations where I might use a run-of-the-mill offshore crankshaft; not sure that includes a 598 though. If you can afford to build a 598, hopefully you can afford to build it right.

Paul
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 26th 2011, 9:45 pm

Lem Evans wrote:No ......knowledge was gained.

Knowledge is power.................... Very Happy
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans September 26th 2011, 9:58 pm

Paul Kane wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:I've read all the post...even the ones Nick deleted...So, is the Star Galaxy stuff good or not? That was the question.
I think I answered that question. I had posted that Star Galaxy parts are much the same level as C.A.T. and RPM engine parts and that some of the parts offered by these three companies even come from a single source manufacturer. Not sure why that was deleted; they are your everyday run-of-the-mill offshore engine parts.

There are engine combinations where I might use a run-of-the-mill offshore crankshaft; not sure that includes a 598 though. If you can afford to build a 598, hopefully you can afford to build it right.

Paul

Chill Smile

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans September 26th 2011, 10:05 pm

Paul......if you want to do something...see if some of the stuff Nick posted on Chilly's old site is still there.

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  BigBlockRanger September 26th 2011, 10:13 pm

RPM stuff must not be too bad because I've pulled every stupid engine building trick in the book and my stuff have survived thus far. lmao
BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 September 26th 2011, 10:27 pm

BigBlockRanger wrote:RPM stuff must not be too bad because I've pulled every stupid engine building trick in the book and my stuff have survived thus far. lmao
How many other parts have you broke? Give it a chance !!! Laughing
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans September 26th 2011, 11:26 pm

BigBlockRanger wrote:RPM stuff must not be too bad because I've pulled every stupid engine building trick in the book and my stuff have survived thus far. lmao

Head gaskets?

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  BigBlockRanger September 27th 2011, 9:16 am

dfree383 wrote:

Haha I'm not proud, but I'm not gonna open myself to a BBF nut kick-fest!! Smile Smile Smile Smile
BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea September 27th 2011, 12:01 pm

richter69 wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:No ......knowledge was gained.

Knowledge is power.................... Very Happy

Power is fleeting...

BigBlockRanger wrote:
dfree383 wrote:

Haha I'm not proud, but I'm not gonna open myself to a BBF nut kick-fest!! Smile Smile Smile Smile

anyone heard of STAR GALAXY INC Nutkick
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt October 2nd 2011, 10:44 am

Nick, please explain why you deleted my post. I was civil and helping a newer member.. If you want to be a communist bastard, protecting your nut swingers, this site will not grow and will become a bashing place for any outsider.. Evil or Very Mad
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 2nd 2011, 7:16 pm

He said nut swinger................ Laughing
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  cobra tom October 3rd 2011, 6:47 pm

thanks for all the input everyone, i ended up buying a new crank from performance crankshaft. i am sorry that this post caused a few issues. it was not my intent, again thanks again to all that replied. - cobra tom

cobra tom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next