BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mustang Driver for the wife !

4 posters

Go down

Mustang Driver for the wife ! Empty Mustang Driver for the wife !

Post  JR Performance Motorsport September 23rd 2011, 12:42 pm

Well for a few years one of my buddies has been after me to build a car. My wife needs one as well, as does my wallet. She, Donna drives our 4dr duelly to work everyday the 460/7.5 & 4.11 gets about 8 - 10mpg so it is really getting crazy as gas keeps climbing. I know a 466ci Mustang should get better with all the right parts working togeather. My goal is 15 - 20mpg ! I am looking for a forum that deals with these cars and swaps, do you guys known of one or two ? We don't have a car yet, still looking for the right one. My wife seems to like the '88 and newer fast/hatch back cars better. So if anyone has something that may work for us let me know. I want to make this a short term project as gas prices are going up daily. I know that the car will need a lot of structural support/caging and subframe connectors. It will also get a hidden hitch as we may use it to tow a boat sometime. The reasonning for the 385 is I have a short block just sitting and a pair of heads I just finished. The engine is about 9:1 & 500hp so reg or midgrade gas is cool.

Thank you
Jim

928-219-4929
928-542-7712
ePerformanceMarine@yahoo.com

JR Performance Motorsport

http://www.e-PerformanceMarine.com

Back to top Go down

Mustang Driver for the wife ! Empty Re: Mustang Driver for the wife !

Post  bruno September 24th 2011, 2:44 am

JR Performance Motorsport wrote:Well for a few years one of my buddies has been after me to build a car. My wife needs one as well, as does my wallet. She, Donna drives our 4dr duelly to work everyday the 460/7.5 & 4.11 gets about 8 - 10mpg so it is really getting crazy as gas keeps climbing. I know a 466ci Mustang should get better with all the right parts working togeather. My goal is 15 - 20mpg ! I am looking for a forum that deals with these cars and swaps, do you guys known of one or two ? We don't have a car yet, still looking for the right one. My wife seems to like the '88 and newer fast/hatch back cars better. So if anyone has something that may work for us let me know. I want to make this a short term project as gas prices are going up daily. I know that the car will need a lot of structural support/caging and subframe connectors. It will also get a hidden hitch as we may use it to tow a boat sometime. The reasonning for the 385 is I have a short block just sitting and a pair of heads I just finished. The engine is about 9:1 & 500hp so reg or midgrade gas is cool.

Thank you
Jim

928-219-4929
928-542-7712
ePerformanceMarine@yahoo.com

i think your here cheers

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 September 24th 2011, 12:59 pm

My goal is 15 - 20mpg

That is going to be interrested to see on a 500hp engine not saying it can't be done just be interrested on how to get the mph out of one
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  JR Performance Motorsport September 26th 2011, 2:32 pm

First off we need a car. So does anyone have a '88 or newer roller ?

69F100 wrote:My goal is 15 - 20mpg

That is going to be interrested to see on a 500hp engine not saying it can't be done just be interrested on how to get the mph out of one

I think the most important part is going to be the gearing and port/valve sizing, as well as the right cam. If a full size 1 Ton can pull 16mpg a light wieght much more aero Mustang should pull close to or better than 20mpgs as this is going to be a driver not a race car.

JR Performance Motorsport

http://www.e-PerformanceMarine.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger September 26th 2011, 3:57 pm

I did get 19mpg with an 83 t-bird with a desmogged 460 so it can be done, not so sure about with 500hp though, my 500hp 466 got 12mpg at best.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down