BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Had a great time at BG this past week.

+2
83-88T-Bird Guy
jasonf
6 posters

Go down

Had a great time at BG this past week. Empty Had a great time at BG this past week.

Post  jasonf October 4th 2011, 12:22 am

Well we just got to Biloxi for Cruising the Coast after spending the past 6 days in Tn and Ky at BG. Last week we started off with a visit to Blake's where we watched him work on his car. Then we headed over to his house to meet his wife Marlene. The next day we took the bucket for a cruise to Jack Daniels in Lynchburg Tn. After we rolled out to BG where we met up with Damon and Tracy for the night inline at BG. We got to meet a bunch of new people as well as see the others we have met over the years. Lisa and I had a great time.

My whole album of pics can be found here.

Had a great time at BG this past week. P9280325

Had a great time at BG this past week. PA010404

Had a great time at BG this past week. PA010396

Had a great time at BG this past week. PA020435

Had a great time at BG this past week. PA020426

Had a great time at BG this past week. PA010406

Procharged Razr. 90 hspr.
Had a great time at BG this past week. PA020444

Had a great time at BG this past week. PA020437

Had a great time at BG this past week. PA020436
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Had a great time at BG this past week. Empty Re: Had a great time at BG this past week.

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy October 4th 2011, 8:49 am

Great seeing you again Jason.
That's a cool t-bucket you have. Very Happy

I told my brother you have a 2003 7.3 Powerstroke and his eyes got big.....LOL
I told him you have a very rare truck indeed.
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Had a great time at BG this past week. Empty Re: Had a great time at BG this past week.

Post  Copperhead October 4th 2011, 10:44 am

It was good to meet you Jason. The Jambalaya you cooked up was awesome. Thanks a bunch!!

You can Pit beside me anytime!! Laughing

BTW,.....Your T-bucket was really cool. Cool
Copperhead
Copperhead

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 5th 2011, 3:25 pm

My NMRA World Finals Weekend 2011,

I’m still recovering from this past weekend and just now found some time to pencil in some stories.

I would first like to thank Jason and Lisa for the freakin’ AWESOME pulled pork Friday and mouth watering Jambalaya on Saturday. I had to go back for seconds on the Jambalaya…

Wednesday we pulled into BG and camped in line overnight. Jason & Lisa along with a couple of my friends were just in front of us. We chit chatted for a bit and then hit the sack.

Thursday we roll on in about 11AM, get setup and registered. The rest of the time is spent chillin’ and hanging out with friends.

Friday is first round of qualifying along with time runs. I already know what my car will run so I skip the time runs and wait for qualifying. 3PM-ish we get called to the lanes so I get the car warmed up while cruising through the pits. I go through my routine and pull a -.011 light. Run it through the 1/8 at a 5.94 and hit the brakes about the 1100’ mark to slow the car down to a 9.40, right about where I want to be for my index (which will be 9.30). I make a small adjustment to my trans-brake button and put the car away for the night.

Saturday during the second round of qualifying I cut a .013 light, run it through the 1/8 to a 5.92 and shut it down, coasting through the ¼. According to my numbers it would have run a 9.30 or 9.31 so I’m still good on my index. The air is a little better and cooler than Friday. Saturday evening during the 3rd round of qualifying I cut a .012 light, run it through the 1/8 to a 5.89 at 118+mph and shut it down again, coasting through the ¼.

Sunday morning I wake up to discover the air is even better and the temps are still very cool so there’s a good chance that I’ll run under my index. I debate on taking some timing out at the box but don’t, deciding to hit the brakes if needed. Hindsight being 20/20 I should have taken out the timing.

First round I’m racing a car that is 2 seconds and nearly 30mph slower than me. He leaves first and has a little better light however I’ve got him covered BUT I can’t slow down enough. I brake as I pass him but the speed carries me through and I run 9.259 on my 9.30 index while he runs .07 over. Oh well, better luck next time. I tied my record 1/8 at 5.88 and reduced my record ¼ ET from a 9.27 to the 9.25

The racing was fun however we had even MORE fun hanging out with all of our friends from the BBF Forum and NMRA. We look forward to this event every year…

I recorded nearly an hours worth of video. I’ll get it uploaded by this weekend & I’m sorry the live feed wouldn’t work. The browser on Blake’s laptop wasn’t compatible with jtv.

Thanks to everyone for the great entertainment, you know who you are! :p

p.s. Blake’s car is STUPID FAST! I wish I had the camera with me when he dragged the bumper!

D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy October 5th 2011, 3:50 pm

I was wondering what happened to you on Sunday Damon.

They didn't open the gate on Thursday until 11 am ?
I am going to give serious thought to taking Thursday off next year as well as Friday.
Kind-of sucked being pitted that far away from you guys.

How strong of a internet signal did Blake get on his laptop ?

I had a great time this year, but next year I am going to be in a more "race to win" mode next time now that I know a little more about the BG track. Very Happy

PS: anxoiusly awaiting the videos ! Wink

83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  61coon October 5th 2011, 6:04 pm

Jason,I had a blast hanging out with you and Lisa.Thanks for the awesome food that you fixed and for hooking me up on some boudin!It was a fun weekend of racing and visiting friends.Alan,Keith,Damon,Kevin,Stephen,Mike,Mick and Blake oh yeah and Kenny,it was good to see you all there.---RED
61coon
61coon

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 October 5th 2011, 6:06 pm

jasonf wrote:Well we just got to Biloxi for Cruising the Coast after spending the past 6 days in Tn and Ky at BG. Last week we started off with a visit to Blake's where we watched him work on his car. Then we headed over to his house to meet his wife Marlene. The next day we took the bucket for a cruise to Jack Daniels in Lynchburg Tn. After we rolled out to BG where we met up with Damon and Tracy for the night inline at BG. We got to meet a bunch of new people as well as see the others we have met over the years. Lisa and I had a great time.

My whole album of pics can be found here.

Had a great time at BG this past week. P9280325

Had a great time at BG this past week. PA010404

Had a great time at BG this past week. PA010396

Had a great time at BG this past week. PA020435

Had a great time at BG this past week. PA020426

Had a great time at BG this past week. PA010406

Procharged Razr. 90 hspr.
Had a great time at BG this past week. PA020444

Had a great time at BG this past week. PA020437

Had a great time at BG this past week. PA020436

Who is that man in the welcome center window with the camera? He looks like a Baaaaad man Shocked
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf October 6th 2011, 12:10 am

Whatch you talking about Snake?? lol

Forgot one more pic.

Had a great time at BG this past week. PA020429
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 October 6th 2011, 9:02 am

jasonf wrote:Whatch you talking about Snake?? lol

Forgot one more pic.

Had a great time at BG this past week. PA020429

That's the Dynamic Duo..........................javascript:emoticonp('Twisted Evil')
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 6th 2011, 11:52 am

Firm

Had a great time at BG this past week. Air-mattress
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 October 6th 2011, 12:01 pm

D. Sea wrote:Firm

Had a great time at BG this past week. Air-mattress

javascript:emoticonp('Laughing')javascript:emoticonp('Shocked')
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down