BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tulsa raceway park is closing

4 posters

Go down

Tulsa raceway park is closing Empty Tulsa raceway park is closing

Post  johndickjr October 5th 2011, 4:38 am

well this just plain sucks ass

copied from the owner of the track-----

It is with great sadness that we announce the closing of Tulsa Raceway Park, effective October 24, 2011. When Tulsa International Raceway was purchased in 2003, the decision was made to tear down and replace the existing facility with the hopes of restoring the drag strip to its glory days. With the help of many hard working employees and loyal racers and fans, we grew year after year. Unfortunately, the economy over the last three years has taken its toll.

I appreciate the many people who helped me along the way make Tulsa Raceway Park one of the finest race tracks in the Midwest and hope that someone is able to continue the drag racing tradition that Tulsa has embraced for 46 years. For those racers who achieved success this year, we are planning the Champions’ Banquet for early November so they can be honored by their fellow racers.

We’re not done yet, either. Besides the Throw Down in T-Town race scheduled for October 14-15, the Diesel Drags and Mod vs. Rod race on October 22 and the Duck Drags on October 22, several of you have asked for one last bracket race. We are looking at having that race on October 16.

I wish each one of you success in the future, whether it be on the track or elsewhere, and look forward to the opening of the next, new drag strip.

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

Tulsa raceway park is closing Empty Re: Tulsa raceway park is closing

Post  bbf-falcon October 5th 2011, 5:29 am

If the politicians don't stop squabbling and swallow a little pride and get this country moving in the right direction pretty quick,there will be more too close. Evil or Very Mad

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 5th 2011, 8:27 am

From what I heard he got 6.1 million for it..........not sure how much the economy had to do with that.

The place will be a big hole in the ground.........rock quarry..........

We only raced up there a few times, nice place and the track prep was always rockin'..........
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  johndickjr October 5th 2011, 11:21 am

richter69 wrote:From what I heard he got 6.1 million for it..........not sure how much the economy had to do with that.

The place will be a big hole in the ground.........rock quarry..........

We only raced up there a few times, nice place and the track prep was always rockin'..........
you will prob see me down there now richter69...and im about 2 hrs from salisaw..and 2 hr from ark city and 1.5 hr from mokan..

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 5th 2011, 6:32 pm

come on down............. Wink
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle October 6th 2011, 10:01 am

richter69 wrote:From what I heard he got 6.1 million for it..........not sure how much the economy had to do with that. ...........

Money talks...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  johndickjr October 6th 2011, 1:56 pm

also was told that it did sell to apac rock crusher but they can not mine it for 10 years so it will be leased till then...so who knows..

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down