BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

delete

4 posters

Go down

delete Empty delete

Post  stanggt November 8th 2011, 4:32 pm

seeing if there is enough interest in this motor to either part it out or sell all together.

71 460 block 2 bolt half filled
Crower Billit steel crank 4.5
Child4Alberts aluminum rods
BRC Flat top pistons
new rings
new rod and main bearings
Erson 740/760 solid roller cam with roller lifters
Harland Sharp 1.7 roller arms
Matching valve springs, locks and retainers
Crower 3/8 pushrods
Victor 460 intake
Aluminum balancer
Moroso Valve covers
Moroso 9qt oil pan
HV oil pump
Just got everything back from local machine shop and is assembled. Motor was in a pullin truck and had 5 total runs on it. The guy I got it from went bigger. No cylinder heads looking at getting $4000 for everything or poss part out if I can get that money out of it. Thanks

Last edited by stanggt on January 5th 2012, 10:02 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : not available)
stanggt
stanggt

Back to top Go down

delete Empty Re: delete

Post  stanggt November 8th 2011, 11:58 pm

looks like I didnt mention that the short block is assembled and ready to go.
stanggt
stanggt

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug November 9th 2011, 12:02 am

what heads fit this short block? in your first add you have you just got it back from the machine shop and ready for assembly... so is it disassembled or assembled?
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  stanggt November 9th 2011, 2:26 pm

It is assembled as stated in second post, the shop did the assembly. sorry about that,I did edit my first post. I think that it had a heads on it but not positive. I was going to cut the valve releif for my scja heads but did not. I will try and find out or take a pic of pistons and post it up.
thanks
stanggt
stanggt

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon November 9th 2011, 8:11 pm

You say it's a 572,do you have the sonic test sheet w/D1 block? and if so how much meat was left in the walls?

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

delete Empty sold

Post  stanggt November 20th 2011, 12:06 pm

sold !!
stanggt
stanggt

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon November 20th 2011, 8:39 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:You say it's a 572,do you have the sonic test sheet w/D1 block? and if so how much meat was left in the walls?

I did'nt think so Shocked

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 November 20th 2011, 9:19 pm

good point Rick, bet someone got a smokin deal............... Shocked
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  stanggt November 21st 2011, 9:42 am

bbf-falcon wrote:You say it's a 572,do you have the sonic test sheet w/D1 block? and if so how much meat was left in the walls?
no I wasnt given any spec sheet about block, But a guy I know that mud races, bought it said it would be fine, even though I told him what you had said. Anyway, I just found out that he was let go from his job and now he may be parting the engine out. It has not been run yet so I will keep you all posted if anyone wants some of the parts.
stanggt
stanggt

Back to top Go down

Post  stanggt November 21st 2011, 9:03 pm

the guy that bought this from me did lose his job so now he is parting this engine out and asked if i could help him with selling. So all the parts above are now for sale. Open to some resonable offers on all parts.This is a very nice peice, just dont know how thick the block is. I was just told that this was actually a 71 429 block @ .120 over if that helps.
stanggt
stanggt

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon November 21st 2011, 10:35 pm

stanggt wrote:the guy that bought this from me did lose his job so now he is parting this engine out and asked if i could help him with selling. So all the parts above are now for sale. Open to some resonable offers on all parts.This is a very nice peice, just dont know how thick the block is. I was just told that this was actually a 71 429 block @ .120 over if that helps.

The block would be a big concern. A stock block is precarious at .080 w/o sonic check. Running the block w/o enough wall thickness WILL destroy EVERYTHING. Some will go over .080 but not very many and still be safe.jmo

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  stanggt November 22nd 2011, 9:09 am

bbf-falcon wrote:
stanggt wrote:the guy that bought this from me did lose his job so now he is parting this engine out and asked if i could help him with selling. So all the parts above are now for sale. Open to some resonable offers on all parts.This is a very nice peice, just dont know how thick the block is. I was just told that this was actually a 71 429 block @ .120 over if that helps.

The block would be a big concern. A stock block is precarious at .080 w/o sonic check. Running the block w/o enough wall thickness WILL destroy EVERYTHING. Some will go over .080 but not very many and still be safe.jmo
That is why he is willing to part out evrything. Thanks for advice. The motor did come from some team in Wisconson thats been doing these motors for some time now and Im sure they wouldnt have put this much money in parts into this block if it wasnt sonic cked though. Just sayin. will part this out.
stanggt
stanggt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down