BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site help.. IE freezing on this site only.

+5
norm
billandlori
bruno
DFI429
David Cole
9 posters

Go down

Site help.. IE freezing on this site only. Empty Site help.. IE freezing on this site only.

Post  David Cole September 15th 2009, 8:49 am

I'm having a problem with my computer when I'm on this site. I was wondering if anyone else has had any issues or a suggestion for a fix.

When browsing this site with my home computer it will freeze. I can read 2-3 topics and then when I click on another topic Internet Explorer will stop working. It isn't totally frozen, it just acts like it's trying to connect to the next thread, but can't. I can go to favorites and change sites or go to my home page and it works fine. If I close and reopen Internet Explorer it works again for 2-3 threads on this site and then stops. It only does this on my desk top computer. It's an HP, about 9 months old using IE 7.0. The laptop that I use when I go out of town for work displays this site fine.

I am wondering if it's related to a script imbedded in the site such as the one crawling across the top of the screen.

I'm open to ideas or suggestions.

Thanks
David Cole
David Cole
David Cole
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=66449&

Back to top Go down

Site help.. IE freezing on this site only. Empty Re: Site help.. IE freezing on this site only.

Post  DFI429 September 15th 2009, 8:58 am

Yeah, the marquee at the top uses processor power big time for some reason. Do a CTRL-ALT-DLT, click Image Name to sort, and look at Iexplore.exe - the CPU numbers will be way up, and if you put your cursor over the marquee and stop it, the numbers go down. I can also hear my cooling fan going up and down with it.

Bruno, maybe something to look into? It might have big effects on those with slower/older PCs

Thx!
DFI429
DFI429

http://home.comcast.net/~dfi429/

Back to top Go down

Site help.. IE freezing on this site only. Empty Re: Site help.. IE freezing on this site only.

Post  bruno September 15th 2009, 9:17 am

Luke and David,

this site is a new experience for me , i wish i new someone with some site building experience to help with some of these issues ........ ive noticed when im at work its very slow to load the pages but when i get home i have no problem

again im sorry i will look into the problem

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori September 15th 2009, 10:33 am

Yeah, mine doesn't lock up but if I am steaming audio it will go all stuttered while the scroll is going.

It takes time Nick!! We'll get there.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  norm September 15th 2009, 11:51 am

no problems at all with mozilla firefox.didn't know anybody used IE anymore Very Happy
norm
norm

Back to top Go down

Post  IcallhimGeorge September 15th 2009, 12:34 pm

Im having the same trouble but I wasnt sure why it kept happening. Ive always got at least 3 or 4 tabs open from the other forums Im on so I figured I was overloading it or something.

I tried firefox but didnt like it. Im computer stupid though. The only thing I use it for is email, forums and freecell.
IcallhimGeorge
IcallhimGeorge
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck stevens September 15th 2009, 12:41 pm

X-2 for Firefox, no problems at all. Very Happy

chuck stevens

http://E-MAIL= stevensracingent@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon September 15th 2009, 6:33 pm

This site is designed to do funny things if YOUR NOT A TRUE BLUE BBF GUY No No Laughing Laughing Laughing

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE September 15th 2009, 8:01 pm

No problem here with the site & IE 7. And i'm on dial up with wet phone lines after the week long soaking we got here in the DFW area.

Now the old site is a different story. The multiple large flashing/moving banner adds make the pages load soooo slowly over there. And the problem grows exponentially as more & more tabs/windows are opened.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down