BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I block off DOOE head exhaust crossover port w/o removing intake manifold?

2 posters

Go down

Can I block off DOOE head exhaust crossover port w/o removing intake manifold? Empty Can I block off DOOE head exhaust crossover port w/o removing intake manifold?

Post  btpigpen November 18th 2011, 4:30 pm

Hello,

I cannot pass VA inspection because I have an exhaust tick due to the fact that my 429CJ no longer has the exhaust crossover/heat passage sheet metal baffle riveted to the underside of my iron intake manifold that heats the choke. I lost the baffle when I had the engine apart for most of this year...

I sealed the @1/4" air gap between the intake manifold and cylinder head crossover port with some sheet metal but the inspector says I have to eliminate the ticking sound. I do not want to take off the intake manifold to do this. I thought about stuffing aluminum foil in the port but not sure: 1) if I could do it well enough to stop the ticking noise; and 2) if it would all come out once I pass inspection.

Thanks and any advice is appreciated!

btpigpen

Back to top Go down

Can I block off DOOE head exhaust crossover port w/o removing intake manifold? Empty Re: Can I block off DOOE head exhaust crossover port w/o removing intake manifold?

Post  BOSS 429 November 19th 2011, 12:56 am

btpigpen wrote:Hello,

I cannot pass VA inspection because I have an exhaust tick due to the fact that my 429CJ no longer has the exhaust crossover/heat passage sheet metal baffle riveted to the underside of my iron intake manifold that heats the choke. I lost the baffle when I had the engine apart for most of this year..................................

.......................< THIS missing wont make a ticking sound

I sealed the @1/4" air gap between the intake manifold and cylinder head crossover port with some sheet metal but the inspector says I have to eliminate the ticking sound. I do not want to take off the intake manifold to do this. I thought about stuffing aluminum foil in the port but not sure: 1) if I could do it well enough to stop the ticking noise; and 2) if it would all come out once I pass inspection.

Thanks and any advice is appreciated!

pull the intake
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum