BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleaning Ford Motorsports valve covers

+7
cool40
res0rli9
bbf-falcon
56Tbird
the Coug
dfree383
Moodyblues
11 posters

Go down

Cleaning Ford Motorsports valve covers Empty Cleaning Ford Motorsports valve covers

Post  Moodyblues November 29th 2011, 10:48 pm

What is the best stuff to use to shine up motorsport valve covers?
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

http://www.russhoodinsurance.com

Back to top Go down

Cleaning Ford Motorsports valve covers Empty Re: Cleaning Ford Motorsports valve covers

Post  dfree383 November 29th 2011, 11:02 pm

How bad are they?

Flitz works great if their is alot of corosion, also the cotton stuff... ahhh.... what it called....ummmm...Shoot, I can remember, but it comes in a metal can.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Cleaning Ford Motorsports valve covers Empty Re: Cleaning Ford Motorsports valve covers

Post  the Coug November 30th 2011, 12:35 am

I use amsoil metal polish
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird November 30th 2011, 12:44 am

dfree383 wrote:How bad are they?

Flitz works great if their is alot of corosion, also the cotton stuff... ahhh.... what it called....ummmm...Shoot, I can remember, but it comes in a metal can.
Never-Dull
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon November 30th 2011, 1:03 am

Wenol.Red for harsh
Blue tube for Fine

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 November 30th 2011, 4:33 am

Prince Albert comes in a can Razz

The Best is Metalwax, check it out here, click on video library
http://shop.metalwax.com/

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues November 30th 2011, 9:52 pm

56Tbird wrote:

Never-Dull

Yep I got that..........but it didnt make them look new again...... Very Happy
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 November 30th 2011, 10:22 pm

You can't just do it once with never dull, you keep going over it again and again untill you get it where you want it.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 November 30th 2011, 11:06 pm

a buffing wheel with any halfass aluminum polish.gota have a wheel tho.lol
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans November 30th 2011, 11:24 pm

A can of spray paint......color is an option.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird December 1st 2011, 12:48 am

You better make them real purty to go on top of those heads Razz Cool
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 December 1st 2011, 12:49 am

Lem Evans wrote:A can of spray paint......color is an option.
soak them in cow piss first. Razz
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues December 1st 2011, 7:49 pm

lol!
56Tbird wrote:You better make them real purty to go on top of those heads Razz Cool

Your right Dan. Gotta look good after smokin some blow ties! lol!

Last edited by Moodyblues on December 1st 2011, 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Smiley)
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

Back to top Go down

Post  bowsher21 December 1st 2011, 8:00 pm

Moodyblues wrote:What is the best stuff to use to shine up motorsport valve covers?

I found "the best stuff to use" is the guy's labor at the chrome plating company. They do have the correct compounds and tools to do aluminum. "Tuning up" the shine shouldn't cost much, $20 ea if no deep scratches.
bowsher21
bowsher21

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues December 1st 2011, 10:38 pm

bowsher21 wrote:
Moodyblues wrote:What is the best stuff to use to shine up motorsport valve covers?

I found "the best stuff to use" is the guy's labor at the chrome plating company. They do have the correct compounds and tools to do aluminum. "Tuning up" the shine shouldn't cost much, $20 ea if no deep scratches.

Thatt sounds like an idea. Thanks
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

Back to top Go down

Post  bcr466 December 1st 2011, 11:23 pm

If there is corrrosion, I have used alumibrite acid then Blue Magic from AZ. Also have used 1500 grit sandpaper then the polish with a buffer. But that was well before my hands got old and hurtin. Best is just find an illegal and have him/her do it. Smile
bcr466
bcr466

http://cracing@frontiernet.net

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra December 2nd 2011, 8:58 am

An illegal where the heck ya gonna find one of them Rolling Eyes Laughing
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon December 2nd 2011, 10:14 am

[quote="bcr466"]If there is corrrosion, I have used alumibrite acid then Blue Magic from AZ. Also have used 1500 grit sandpaper then the polish with a buffer. But that was well before my hands got old and hurtin. Best is just find an illegal and have him/her do it. Smile [/quote

Then turn him in to immagration Razz

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  bcr466 December 2nd 2011, 3:24 pm

[quote="bbf-falcon"]
bcr466 wrote:If there is corrrosion, I have used alumibrite acid then Blue Magic from AZ. Also have used 1500 grit sandpaper then the polish with a buffer. But that was well before my hands got old and hurtin. Best is just find an illegal and have him/her do it. Smile [/quote

Wait till he/ she finishes the polish job tho. If it a her maybe both polish jobs. Very Happy
Dont know what they use, but you should see some some of the truck tanks and wheels done at so called truck stops by them in just a short time.
bcr466
bcr466

http://cracing@frontiernet.net

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra December 4th 2011, 10:20 am

[quote="bbf-falcon"]
bcr466 wrote:If there is corrrosion, I have used alumibrite acid then Blue Magic from AZ. Also have used 1500 grit sandpaper then the polish with a buffer. But that was well before my hands got old and hurtin. Best is just find an illegal and have him/her do it. Smile [/quote

That would be a terrible thing to do Sad then he would have a huge business shining up all the goverment rides with all the benifits and FREE insurance and then they would be extra nice and tell him aah no need to worry about taxes plus have your kids start pickin out the college of their choice and its free for all your hard work Shocked
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down