BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this enough fuel pump?

4 posters

Go down

Is this enough fuel pump? Empty Is this enough fuel pump?

Post  65 F100 December 4th 2011, 10:24 pm

magnafuel Prostar 500- will it support a 1250 cfm carb 300 fogger and 200 plate on a 598?

65 F100

Back to top Go down

Is this enough fuel pump? Empty Re: Is this enough fuel pump?

Post  yellowhorse7 December 4th 2011, 10:47 pm

Yep. Just make sure the feed line and return are big enough. 10/12 and 8
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE December 5th 2011, 11:36 pm

Should be more than enough fuel pump.

I installed one on a chebby friend's car with both a 500"/2 dommy tunnel ram/single fogger combo, and a 700"/2 dommy tunnel ram/3 stage nitrous combo (3rd stage not used). The MF-500 worked great with both engine combos.

If you plan on using Holley regs with the MF-500 pump, and it's a front mounted fuel cell, you might need to turn down the pump pressure/volume a little to keep the Holley regs from creeping. If you spring for the high dollar Magnafuel regs they should be good at the higher pump pressures even with a front mounted fuel cell.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 December 6th 2011, 10:19 am

^^^^ true story regarding the the regulators. I had to do it with the Holley stuff as well. A few years ago I switched to MF regs and still had to back the pump output pressure down a bit
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  65 F100 December 6th 2011, 2:03 pm

Thanks for the info!

65 F100

Back to top Go down

Post  Induction-Solutions December 12th 2011, 1:01 pm

DILLIGASDAVE wrote:Should be more than enough fuel pump.

I installed one on a chebby friend's car with both a 500"/2 dommy tunnel ram/single fogger combo, and a 700"/2 dommy tunnel ram/3 stage nitrous combo (3rd stage not used). The MF-500 worked great with both engine combos.

If you plan on using Holley regs with the MF-500 pump, and it's a front mounted fuel cell, you might need to turn down the pump pressure/volume a little to keep the Holley regs from creeping. If you spring for the high dollar Magnafuel regs they should be good at the higher pump pressures even with a front mounted fuel cell.

Guys if I were you anytime you from mount one of these big pumps I would lower pump pressure. We sell and use MF pumps as well. We normally set up or PR 500 if we know they are going to be front mounted with a lower pressure spring in the poppet from the start. It doesn't matter who's regs your using the lower pressure will be easier for the regs to control.

If using a MF two port reg for nitrous you'll have to by pass fuel to try and settle it down. They do not dead head well either.. If mine I use a Holley for the nitrous and a MF for carb.. SJ

Brooksville, Fl. 34604
Shop 352-593-5900
Cell 815-341-8853
www.InductionSolutions.com
Induction-Solutions
Induction-Solutions
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

http://www.InductionSolutions.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum