BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trick Flow vs Flow Technologies Intakes

2 posters

Go down

Trick Flow vs Flow Technologies Intakes Empty Trick Flow vs Flow Technologies Intakes

Post  Tennessee Bullitt December 14th 2011, 10:17 pm

What is the difference between the trick flow a460 manifold and the flow technologies manifold for the A460 heads? Flowtech claims it will perform better than the A460 but I think that is a load of bull. Does the A460 have the convex floor like flowtech? I don't think there will be much difference between the 2 if they both are properly ported or am I way off on this? Thanks.
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

Trick Flow vs Flow Technologies Intakes Empty Re: Trick Flow vs Flow Technologies Intakes

Post  Tennessee Bullitt December 14th 2011, 10:19 pm

Here is what they say.....

Flowtech Performance Intakes New Flowtech Maxfill Intake!

This Intake will increase 40Hp over existing modified Dominator Manifolds. And because of the unique Convex floor design and slightly smaller runners (which promote faster cylinder fill rates), these intakes will outperform Trick Flow A460 intakes by 15HP on engines smaller than 625cu.in.

These Flowtech Intakes are made for Single Dominator Carbs only. The casting is made with thick bosses for the addition of injectors.

Intakes compatible with Flowtech/A460 and BB Ford Eliminator Heads w/port machining.

Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

Trick Flow vs Flow Technologies Intakes Empty Re: Trick Flow vs Flow Technologies Intakes

Post  cool40 December 14th 2011, 10:44 pm

i think Charlie told me they made a few changes to the ex514 intake over the years but he was'nt too very took with the one he tried.i had the first A460 intake,the lower old one,on my 526 when i put a toilet on it.did a swap to the ex514 without anything else done to it and ran dead on the same as the old intake.it was on alky so a carb may be another story.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum