BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rons Alky Fuel Pump

4 posters

Go down

Rons Alky Fuel Pump Empty Rons Alky Fuel Pump

Post  John Myrick January 22nd 2012, 3:52 pm

I've been reading as much as I can about switching over to alky. The one thing I can't seem to find much about is the fuel pump. I notice on Rons site it shows HP levels for certain size pumps. Size 0 up to 650 hp, size 0 1/2 650-950 hp and size1 950+ hp. I'm assuming these pumps are sized according to their volume of fuel flow. Could you use the size 1 pump on a engine that's not 950+ hp and put a regulator after the pump ? It seems to me you would have to install a regulator after the pump regardless of the size.

Just thinking out loud before switching to the dark side.

Thanks in advance for the comments.

John
John Myrick
John Myrick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Rons Alky Fuel Pump Empty Re: Rons Alky Fuel Pump

Post  richter69 January 22nd 2012, 4:08 pm

best thing to do IMO is call James Monroe and get a complete system from him, he will size the kit to fit your needs, trying to piece a used deal together is asking for trouble. A 1/0 pump is pretty damn big, you can make it work but at your power level a 0.5 is more than enough, and you wont have to have all the extra bypasses etc.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  John Myrick January 22nd 2012, 4:42 pm

Long ways off before I switch over- if I switch over. Just trying to get as much info as possible.
John Myrick
John Myrick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommyj466 January 22nd 2012, 8:04 pm

richter69 wrote:best thing to do IMO is call James Monroe and get a complete system from him, he will size the kit to fit your needs, trying to piece a used deal together is asking for trouble. A 1/0 pump is pretty damn big, you can make it work but at your power level a 0.5 is more than enough, and you wont have to have all the extra bypasses etc.

James or Scott Offerman (358T on Dragraceresults.com) will stear you right. There are differnces in not just volume, but overall fuel curve in pumps. The cool thing is they will help you out even if you buy used stuff. That being said, having Killerrons set you up new from the jump is probably the safest and best way to go.

TJ
Tommyj466
Tommyj466

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 January 22nd 2012, 10:44 pm

i run a 1 enderle pump. i got it all from spud @ http://fuelinjectionent.com/ he set me up with everything and gave me a good baseline.after i tried a few things i found out his setup was about spot on.i have a high speed leanout also but i have'nt messed with it much.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum