BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

O/T passtime TV show

3 posters

Go down

O/T passtime TV show Empty O/T passtime TV show

Post  57custom February 2nd 2012, 1:10 pm

Search: Login / Register

Home - Forum - Classifieds - Photos - Links Thursday February, 2 2012

Post Preview Return to Index

O/T TV show passtime
February 2 2012 at 9:06 AM Phil63
(Login 57yblock)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was watching passtime the other night and was simply amazed at a car that supposedly ran 7.22 at 202 mph on his pass. It just so happened to be a very innocent Fox chassi mustang with a brand x engine. I think the brand x was an ls series but am not sure. Now before everybody starts screaming you have to remember the fox chassi works and it is easy to work on and looks darn good. This car looked almost stock. I am a realist and know the best this engine is going to make with a compresssion ratio that works with 2 turbo's is around 750 hp NA. Which is doable with a stout small block ford or even a big block. It did have 2 turbo's with air inlets in front and looked to be well made. What made me wonder is that it was faster than even some of the big block pro style cars that run in the very fast classes. Ford, Chevy or mopar it doesn't matter. Was this a fluke or did they up the clocks a bit for promotional reasons? Just wondering if anybody here has seen this car run or knows of it. Also the guy driving got crossed up a bit and stayed in it so he was a good driver. I'm thinking it has to have around 1500 HP to go that fast which with turbo's is not unthinkable with any engine. Ken the die hard chevy guy that is one of the contestants even looked shocked Shocked

57custom
57custom

Back to top Go down

O/T passtime TV show Empty Re: O/T passtime TV show

Post  cletus66 February 2nd 2012, 2:33 pm

I saw that run, and the et and mph were "unexpected". Laughing I'm not saying it wasn't real though. Shocked
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird February 2nd 2012, 2:52 pm

I'd say more like 2500HP to make that MPH Billy Glidden can tell you the HP it takes to go over 200MPH in a foxbody Very Happy
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum