BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Picked up a new weapon yeaterday.

+3
schmitty
LivermoreDave
Doug Rahn
7 posters

Go down

Picked up a new weapon yeaterday. Empty Picked up a new weapon yeaterday.

Post  Doug Rahn February 5th 2012, 9:02 am

In anticipation of getting my tax bounce refund in the next couple of days I went ahead and bought me a new pistol, something I've wanted to do for a long time. 20 years ago I bought an H&K 9mm and it has served me well, and outstanding weapon, but I've wanted something in a larger caliber.

This weekend the Eastman Gun Show is at the Savannah Civic Center so I called up my brothers and said let’s go. You can always pickup some good deals there. I probably walk around for three hours and handled at least 200 hand guns. I finally decided on a Glock 36 .45 ACP. This thing is sweet; it fits my hand perfectly and weighs about 27 oz. loaded. It’s in the Sub Compact /Slimline category which is another plus for me, width is only 1.10” as compared to all the other Glock .45 ACP’s which are 1.28”.

After I left the show I went straight to the range and put about 100 rounds through it in short order. This is now my favorite I love you weapon. The only thing I going to do is change out the sights for some Trijicon Bright & Tough Night Sights. cheers
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Picked up a new weapon yeaterday. Empty Re: Picked up a new weapon yeaterday.

Post  LivermoreDave February 5th 2012, 9:19 am

Congratulations Doug of your recent find. A NEW handgun made by Glock can be a treasure, when a decision must be made.

Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty February 5th 2012, 11:28 am

Crimson Trace. I have one on my Glock .45 fullsize and wouldn't own one without it. Very Happy
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Copperhead February 5th 2012, 11:42 am

Been into hand guns for a long time and I've always shyed away from Glocks,.......until I bought one.

The 26, 9mm is now my favorite CCW.

They're not the best looking firearms by far,.....but I'd rather have dependable over pretty any day of the week,......when it comes to guns anyway.
Laughing
Copperhead
Copperhead

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn February 5th 2012, 12:09 pm

schmitty wrote:Crimson Trace. I have one on my Glock .45 fullsize and wouldn't own one without it. Very Happy

Schmitty, I considered them yesterday, a couple of the dealers had them but I didn't want to stick anything external on it. Do you know anything about The unit LaseMax has that replaces the guide rod?
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy February 5th 2012, 2:48 pm

When I was looking into a "carry" handgun, I had a "businessman" friend of mine tell me to get a revolver unless your simply shootin' at targets. LOL

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stangr8cr February 5th 2012, 2:52 pm

I love my Glocks!! I carry either my 23 or my 27. More so the 27. Cool

Boo Boo
stangr8cr
stangr8cr
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty February 5th 2012, 3:08 pm

Doug Rahn wrote:
schmitty wrote:Crimson Trace. I have one on my Glock .45 fullsize and wouldn't own one without it. Very Happy

Schmitty, I considered them yesterday, a couple of the dealers had them but I didn't want to stick anything external on it. Do you know anything about The unit LaseMax has that replaces the guide rod?

Although I haven't personally had one of the LaserMax units, I have heard that they are great laser sights. Anything that will enhance accuracy in a stressfull situation is a good thing IMHO. I like the laser sight units beacause you can aim the gun without having to look down the barrel ie. around a corner without having to expose yourself too much. With a personal defense style weapon, accuracy only needs to be to from point blank to maybe 20'. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  ROAD RAGE February 5th 2012, 6:15 pm

Doug, I have two Glock 23c's both 40's, and put the lazermax on both and in my opion it's the only way to go, Very easy to install.
Ed............
ROAD RAGE
ROAD RAGE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down