BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Give us your thoughts on these pistons

+14
342g
Barney
Lem Evans
BOSS 429
KY JELLY
DanH
LivermoreDave
cool40
71f150
c.evans
dfree383
rmcomprandy
richter69
bbf-falcon
18 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Give us your thoughts on these pistons - Page 6 Empty Re: Give us your thoughts on these pistons

Post  JARHEAD58 February 16th 2012, 7:01 pm

My releif valve is rigth on the pump.
JARHEAD58
JARHEAD58

Back to top Go down

Give us your thoughts on these pistons - Page 6 Empty Re: Give us your thoughts on these pistons

Post  richter69 February 16th 2012, 7:25 pm

Lem Evans wrote:Yes, an external relief valve is the better deal. The engine mounted reliefs do pull a volume of air thru the engine.

this is how I've always done it, my current set up the relief is on the vc but its like less than an inch away from the hose.........block heaters and such do wonders to keep the moisture to a minimum..............
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney February 16th 2012, 7:42 pm

richter69 wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:Yes, an external relief valve is the better deal. The engine mounted reliefs do pull a volume of air thru the engine.

this is how I've always done it, my current set up the relief is on the vc but its like less than an inch away from the hose.........block heaters and such do wonders to keep the moisture to a minimum..............
Or you could just run gas ... Doh!!!
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 16th 2012, 8:16 pm

gas is overrated.........
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans February 16th 2012, 8:25 pm

richter69 wrote:gas is overrated.........

Unpopular I hear.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird February 16th 2012, 9:21 pm

Ask Blake and Red about my gas...It's not over rated I assure you king But it is unpopular lol!
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney February 16th 2012, 9:28 pm

Lem Evans wrote:

Unpopular I hear.
It's a shame that the day has come that gas is overrated, how far have we sunk.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 February 16th 2012, 11:42 pm

KY JELLY wrote:Where is your relief at ? I have noticed since changing to a relief mounted at the intake to the vac pump instead of a valve cover or intake manifold mounted relief I have considerable less in the tank. I wonder if it has to do with not pulling outside air into a warm engine and separating the water vapor out of the air or just the fact that there is not as much air moving through the engine.

I have noticed that with the valve cover mounted relief the liquid that is pulled out has enough methanol to actually burn and with the external mounted relief it is not flammable mainly water.
i had a filter on the v/c when i first put mine on and it had a lot of water in the tank.after i checked the vac on the pump and took the filter off i only get a little now.the vac pump was a nice thing to have when the copper head gaskets started to leak pale i had a lota water then.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon February 16th 2012, 11:43 pm

56Tbird wrote:
Ask Blake and Red about my gas...It's not over rated I assure you king But it is unpopular lol!

Your gas is the shitts Razz Embarassed affraid

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  342g February 17th 2012, 12:18 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:
56Tbird wrote:

Your gas is the shitts Razz Embarassed affraid

Literally. Very Happy affraid
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans February 17th 2012, 10:06 pm

From James Monroe's site......

YOU MUST UTILIZE A VACUUM PUMP ON AN ALCOHOL BURNING ENGINE
The answer to this question is absolutely not. It is estimated that more than half of all injection users employ a simple header evacuation system. It is important that these evacuation systems be free flowing and lack obstructions. Often times we will ask customers to remove the filter media or “check balls” from the breathers to allow the engine to breathe more freely. KillerRONS.COM's James Monroe actually ran alcohol injection for 14 years before utilizing his first vacuum pump on an engine. That said, a vacuum pump certainly has its place and can be utilized with the Ron's mount kits. A vacuum pump kit can net an extra 3-5% horsepower and aid in "blow-by" control on higher horsepower engines. KillerRONS.COM offers complete vacuum pump systems from Star Machine that you can read about here.

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY February 18th 2012, 10:02 am

what you doing looking on a fuel injection web site , trying to find Fabio 's IUD or seeking a path to induction salvation with us heathen methanol burners lol!
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans February 18th 2012, 11:35 am

Heathen....that's the word I have been looking for. Sounds better than mafia Smile

James used a lot of words to say, while you don't have to run a vacuum pump it's a darn good idea.

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 18th 2012, 1:16 pm

KY JELLY wrote:what you doing looking on a fuel injection web site , trying to find Fabio 's IUD or seeking a path to induction salvation with us heathen methanol burners lol!

busted......... Very Happy
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum