BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The last race of the season... Caution, LONG, but worth the read....

+5
Northwest outlaw
maverick
Nevs
deerhunter3814
ThndrChkn
9 posters

Go down

The last race of the season... Caution, LONG, but worth the read.... Empty The last race of the season... Caution, LONG, but worth the read....

Post  ThndrChkn September 21st 2009, 1:31 am

Well guys, I just got back from a great weekend of racing… This was the last race of the year at the 1/8 mile track, and there’s one next weekend at our “local” ¼ mile track, though I think I’ll call it done for the year, as I’m raced out, as are the pocket books of my fine sponsors… Whom I can’t thank enough for forking out their hard earned money, so I could go racin’… Here are the results from the weekend:
Saturday started out with nice weather, and looked to have the makings for some good racin’, with a D/A of 6300‘… Right off the trailer, I made my 1st of only 2 time trials… Ran 6.563 @ 109 mph and a 1.50 60’… Sorry, no video of this run… Went back to the pits, checked things over and went up about ½ hr. later to make my 2nd pass… Ran 6.565 @ 111 mph and a 1.51 60’… I decide that was enough time trials for me until eliminations…
The last race of the season... Caution, LONG, but worth the read.... Th_008-4
1st rd. of eliminations: The guy pitted next to me checks his weather station, D/A climbed to 8000’ with the 82* temperature… I’m thinking, great, so much for good runs now… Sorry, no video of this run either… I go off with a .091 light and cross the traps with a 6.607 @ 108 mph and a 1.50 60’… Rd. 2 of eliminations: I get my head together, and pull out a .017 light on a friend of mine in his dragster, he was enjoying his picnic lunch on the starting line while I’m leaving him in the dust… I crossed the traps 1st with another 6.609 @ 108 mph and a 153 60’… (my worst of the weekend)…
The last race of the season... Caution, LONG, but worth the read.... Th_012-3
Rd.3 of eliminations: I draw a guy in his ‘23 T-Altered with a BBC… I pull the tree out by the roots with a .009 light to his .029... I didn’t get this on video either, but I ran yet another 6.607 @ 109 mph with a 1.53 60’… He got me literally at the stripe, with a M.O.V. of .003...

Sundays action was set to make the racer very happy… With temps forecast to be in the mid-50’s and mostly cloudy, we were lookin’ forward to Sunday… Well I awoke at 7 am to run through my maintenance ritual before the runs start… It was a balmy 27* and it wasn’t lookin’ good by the clouds…As the morning wore on, it gradually warmed up, and just before time trials the guy next to me checks his weather station, and it says 5900’… We’re thinking, this is awesome since the track elevation is 5500’… My 1st time trial, I wasn’t too thrilled with the result considering I ran the infamous left lane and hit that nice bump they have in it… I got loose enough that it took me a few minutes afterward to pull the seat cushion out from between my cheeks if you know what I mean… Laughing I still managed to pull off a 6.77 @ 101 mph with a 1.48 60’…
The last race of the season... Caution, LONG, but worth the read.... Th_014-2
2nd time trial, I decided if I have to go to fisticuffs with someone, I’m not runnin’ the left lane again… I didn’t get it video’d because my friends hadn’t showed up yet, and I couldn’t find the gal that was doing it for me before so I just went… I ran a 6.48 @ 113 mph with a 1.49 60’… The next run was a qualifier so they could set the ladders for eliminations by best reaction time… I ran a guy on his bike and cut a .072 to his -.014 and ran 6.45 @ 111 mph with a 1.47 60’… Listen real close to what the announcer says about my truck... Cool Cool
The last race of the season... Caution, LONG, but worth the read.... Th_015-3

1st Rd. of eliminations, I draw an altered… (I hate them things) He’s one of the track favorites, so I knew if I got him, I could make a statement… I ran 6.47 @ 109 mph with a 1.47 60’ he caught me at the stripe, but I won with a M.O.V of .001...
The last race of the season... Caution, LONG, but worth the read.... Th_017-2
2nd Rd. I drew the same T-altered from Saturday that beat me out by .003... I told him today, it’s my turn… We both had good lights, but the much better air helped almost too much as we both broke out, but I was the lesser of the two so I got the win… I ran a 6.43 @ 110 mph with a 1.47 60’…
The last race of the season... Caution, LONG, but worth the read.... Th_018-3
3rd Rd., and also the semi’s, I drew yet another track favorite… This guy, I had to get… With his new 632 BBC that runs mid 6.20’s to my mid 6.40’s with 111 less cubes… Man, did I lose it on the lights…! I don’t know what I was doing, but I definitely wasn’t paying attention to the tree… I cut a NASTY .356 light and I knew it… I figured I was done for but when I left I saw his light go red out of the corner of my eye… I ran a 6.45 @ 110 mph with a 1.48 60’ to his 6.31 @ 111... WOW…! 111 cubes HMMMM…? Shocked Laughing
The last race of the season... Caution, LONG, but worth the read.... Th_020-2
The finals…! I drew one of them really good racers… I had to take a shot at the tree, and I did… -.016 worth… Oh well, I still made it to the money… I ran 6.44 on my 6.43 dial @ 110 mph with a 1.48 60’…
The last race of the season... Caution, LONG, but worth the read.... Th_022-2
The worst part of the weekend was they took the top 2 from each class to run for King of The Track… We drew cards to see who we raced, and guess who I drew…? Yep, the same guy I ran in the final… I figured I had him this time, so I go back and add .016 to my box do my burnout, and while I’m waiting to stage, I think to myself, I should add .001 more to my box, and think naah, I’ll be fine… I left the line with -.001 (Red) and ran 6.448 on a 6.44 dial @ 109 mph with a 1.47 60’… Of all the red lights any racer can/will get, these have to be the worst ones… Oh well, that’s racin’…
The last race of the season... Caution, LONG, but worth the read.... Th_023-2

Thanks for a great season guys... I got a late start, but finished strong, making the finals in all of my last 3 races, with 2 runners-up and 1 win... I couldn't be happier...

Doug... Cool

Last edited by 1bad521 on September 21st 2009, 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

The last race of the season... Caution, LONG, but worth the read.... Empty Re: The last race of the season... Caution, LONG, but worth the read....

Post  deerhunter3814 September 21st 2009, 1:54 am

Cool
deerhunter3814
deerhunter3814

Back to top Go down

The last race of the season... Caution, LONG, but worth the read.... Empty Re: The last race of the season... Caution, LONG, but worth the read....

Post  Nevs September 21st 2009, 7:23 am

Sounds like the engine is really coming around, Doug. Nice job Exclamation
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn September 21st 2009, 8:20 am

Nevs wrote:Sounds like the engine is really coming around, Doug. Nice job Exclamation

Thanks Steve... Lately, there's been alot of people at the track speculating as to weather or not my lowly 521 is actually a 521 or not... I think it's hilarious myself... Personally, I think the 'ol truck has been makin' 'em nervous... Laughing Laughing Now they have all winter to think about what's next... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick September 21st 2009, 8:24 am

Cool Cool Cool
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Northwest outlaw September 21st 2009, 10:07 am

Good job Doug.
Northwest outlaw
Northwest outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post  Old blue Racin Team September 21st 2009, 10:13 am

Northwest outlaw wrote:Good job Doug.

X2 The last race of the season... Caution, LONG, but worth the read.... Icon_biggrin
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon September 21st 2009, 10:36 am

Good Job Doug, All that winter work has paid off. 27 degrees YIKES,that ain't right Shocked

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 September 21st 2009, 10:39 am

good job Doug, and thats for takeing us along with you.

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori September 21st 2009, 11:03 am

1bad521 wrote:
Nevs wrote:Sounds like the engine is really coming around, Doug. Nice job Exclamation

Thanks Steve... Lately, there's been alot of people at the track speculating as to weather or not my lowly 521 is actually a 521 or not... I think it's hilarious myself... Personally, I think the 'ol truck has been makin' 'em nervous... Laughing Laughing Now they have all winter to think about what's next... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Doug... Cool

Oh yeah, when the Fords beating them, then the Ford guy MUST be cheating/lying!!

Great finish to a great season Doug!! You should be proud of the results you got.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn September 21st 2009, 7:01 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:Good Job Doug, All that winter work has paid off. 27 degrees YIKES,that ain't right Shocked

Thanks Rick... I owe alot of gratitude to alot of guys on here too... I got alot of great ideas from you guys...

billandlori wrote:
1bad521 wrote:

Doug... Cool

Oh yeah, when the Fords beating them, then the Ford guy MUST be cheating/lying!!

Great finish to a great season Doug!! You should be proud of the results you got.

Bill

Thanks Bill... I'm very proud of how my truck runs, as are people like you guys that know what's entailed in building your own stuff... I did 95% of this thing with my own 2 hands... I didn't buy my engine/chassis from some shop, I built them with my own 2 hands, in my garage with my own tools... I know what I have, because "I" built it... The pride I take in my work shows by the way it has turned out... All the nay-sayers suffer from very similar symptoms of "penis-envy" only with engines... I asked the good Lord for the know-how to do what I do, and to make me the best I can be at what I do... People have told me, not to let it bother me... Well it does, because there are alot of people out there that "buy" their stuff already done, then talk about what a great job "they" did on their rig... I'm not one of those guys... Wink Very Happy Like I said earlier, wait til they see what I have in store for next year... They'll be cryin' so bad, you'll be able to float it with a raft... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Very Happy

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum