BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Guidance

3 posters

Go down

Need Guidance Empty Need Guidance

Post  maverick532 February 23rd 2012, 9:26 pm

I'm helping a friend sort out his nitrous kit . The current problem is when he activates the first stage the car actually slows down et and mph , off the kit the car runs fine . The kit is a speedtech 2stage plate , currently we are wanting to tune in the first kit, 150 shot at the hit, according to the instructions for this shot they want 65n/65f jets is that what they should actually be equal ? I'm thinking the car slows on the gas because it's too rich . Also shouldn't there be a fuel regulator for both stages ? I will be making necassary adjustments and corrections this weekend , and will verify proper timing retard chips are in place and correct amounts. Is it acceptable to run engine and n2o kits from 1 pump ? BG 400 pump. Not an Alky set up .

maverick532

Back to top Go down

Need Guidance Empty Re: Need Guidance

Post  Barney February 23rd 2012, 10:00 pm

Yes each stage should have its own regulator. Only your plugs can tell you where your tune is, even a little fat would still pick up some et and mph. Was it breaking up? What's the timing? What did the plugs look like? Did the short time go up or down? What Fp? Lots of things to think about.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno February 24th 2012, 6:02 pm

way too rich .....whats your fp on the first kit ?

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick532 February 24th 2012, 8:53 pm

it didn't break up on the couple of passes he made wth it on the n20, more like it just laid over is what he's telling me . Went over the other night to have look at what I'm getting into , no fuel press guage on regulator , so I have no idea at this moment what they have it set up to. I did the engine baseline n/a for him when he came to me and the car wouldn't perform as expected, as far as looking at plugs I'm just being called back upon now for assistance , so I will definetly baseline everthing in the set up per instructions from the kit , any suggestions are greatly welcomed thank you .

maverick532

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney February 24th 2012, 9:24 pm

How can you tune a nitrous system without access to a Fp gauge? I would re engineer it and start from scratch, it doesn't sound like there is a lot of tangible information available. Start from scratch and sneek up on it. I would approach this like a fresh install myself so you know it's done right and you know there won't be any backtracking fixing other snafus.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick532 February 24th 2012, 10:30 pm

I know that . I will be making all corrections needed this weekend. I've been brought into this behind everyone else thats worked on the car. I straitened out the problems for it to run n/a so this is just another small hurdle to overcome now . Besides what I learn here will just further my education , thanks .

maverick532

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum