BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WORLD FINALS NMRA AT BOWLING GREEN !!!!!

+14
61coon
bbf-falcon
the1969fordguyinky
83-88T-Bird Guy
Copperhead
s.hembree
56Tbird
IDT-572
Mark Miller
8liter
jasonf
maverick
D. Sea
scottke
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WORLD FINALS NMRA AT BOWLING GREEN !!!!! Empty WORLD FINALS NMRA AT BOWLING GREEN !!!!!

Post  scottke September 22nd 2009, 10:47 pm

Let's get a head count.
WHO'S IN !!!! Very Happy
scottke
scottke

Back to top Go down

WORLD FINALS NMRA AT BOWLING GREEN !!!!! Empty Re: WORLD FINALS NMRA AT BOWLING GREEN !!!!!

Post  D. Sea September 23rd 2009, 12:07 pm

Chuck and his 70 Mustang
I'll be driving my 83 Mustang
Blake and his 86 Mustang
Keith and his 83 Mustang

All BBF Powered of course Twisted Evil

Rick aka Lil' Tweety said he may bring his Falcon if all goes well with testing this weekend (If he's not rained out).

Hobbs?
KY?
Kristina?
Flip?
Alan?
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

WORLD FINALS NMRA AT BOWLING GREEN !!!!! Empty Re: WORLD FINALS NMRA AT BOWLING GREEN !!!!!

Post  maverick September 23rd 2009, 12:47 pm

I'm hoping to be there, Saturday only. Looks like I'll be working in Tennessee next week so I may just jog on up late Friday night......sans racecar, sorry. Damon, what's the schedule look like for Saturday?
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf September 23rd 2009, 2:09 pm

Do you guys stay at the track Damon or is it close enough for you to go home every night?
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea September 23rd 2009, 3:04 pm

We will be staying at the track and Saturday I believe the gates open at 8AM and Qualifying begins 9 or 10? You guys better be there! You may want to bring your golfcart or a scooter unless you want to pay the "Vehicle Pit Pass Tax" at least that's what I call it Rolling Eyes In other words, if you want to bring your car or truck through the gate then it will cost you extra for the sticker.
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  8liter September 23rd 2009, 5:11 pm

In the words of Micheal McDonald....."I'm mo be there...."
8liter
8liter

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf September 23rd 2009, 6:40 pm

Damon, If you go as a crew member do you get a pit pass for your vehicle? I'm not quite sure what you were referring to as "Vehicle Pit Pass Tax".

http://nmraracing.com/tickets/event7.php
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  scottke September 23rd 2009, 10:39 pm

If you drive a vehicle into the pits, you have to pay extra. I think a crew pit pass for the weekend is $50 per vehicle! Mad
Damon, do you guy's want to meet at the old Camping World Thursday morning and go in?
scottke
scottke

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf September 23rd 2009, 11:21 pm

scottke wrote:If you drive a vehicle into the pits, you have to pay extra. I think a crew pit pass for the weekend is $50 per vehicle! Mad
Damon, do you guy's want to meet at the old Camping World Thursday morning and go in?

I walked the shit out of that place last year so $50 bucks almost doesn't sound too bad.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  scottke September 23rd 2009, 11:27 pm

You ain't kiddin!
scottke
scottke

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller September 24th 2009, 12:16 am

At the Columbus NMRA Race i paid $35.00 for Saturday and Sunday.They wanted and extra $40.00 just to park in the pit area for 2 days,Damon thanks again for the golf cart rides.

Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 September 24th 2009, 12:17 am

scottke wrote:If you drive a vehicle into the pits, you have to pay extra. I think a crew pit pass for the weekend is $50 per vehicle! Mad

I think that would be a good idea.............. Cool
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird September 24th 2009, 1:14 am

What time boys and girls?? Very Happy
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  s.hembree September 24th 2009, 8:50 am

I had planned to go, but will unfortunately not make it. Stupid exams Crying or Very sad

s.hembree

http://www.bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Copperhead September 24th 2009, 9:08 am

s.hembree wrote:I had planned to go, but will unfortunately not make it. Stupid exams Crying or Very sad

That's too bad bad Seth,.....you could have seen your ol' motor in action.
Copperhead
Copperhead

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea September 24th 2009, 11:58 am

Here's an aerial photo. The red box or what I call the "Triangle" in the middle of the pits near the score board is where we always pit. There's usually a long line to get in Thursday morning, I say the get in line ASAP and head for the "Triangle". I'm guessing we will be there around 9:30 to 10:00AM Thursday Morning, Central time.

WORLD FINALS NMRA AT BOWLING GREEN !!!!! BeechBendAerialViewNMRAPitLocation
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  scottke September 24th 2009, 11:19 pm

Man, thats late. Your going to have to crawl out of bed earlier than that! lol I can be at Camping World by 8 or so. We usually end up about 30 vehicles from the gate. If you guy's can't make it that early, I can wait. What about you Blake and Dan?
scottke
scottke

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller September 25th 2009, 12:08 am

Damon,

What is that next to the track,kind of looks like and amusement park. Very Happy

Later Mark. Very Happy

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy September 25th 2009, 8:38 am

Mark Miller wrote:Damon,

What is that next to the track,kind of looks like and amusement park. Very Happy

Later Mark. Very Happy

Mark: You are correct. The area highlighted in tan is an amusement park. Dallas has done a great job the last several years fixing it up. Nice large wooden roller coaster too. Very Happy

WORLD FINALS NMRA AT BOWLING GREEN !!!!! BeechBendAerialView2000x1339-2
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy September 25th 2009, 8:41 am

For those interested, there is a nice campground next door with full hookups. I think we paid $ 30.00 per night last year for a spot. We will be there again this year. We plan on getting there Thursday night.
The campground is circled in black.

Here is Beech Bend's site:

http://www.beechbend.com/

WORLD FINALS NMRA AT BOWLING GREEN !!!!! BeechBendAerialView2000x1339-1
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy September 25th 2009, 10:58 am

According to the NMRA site, you can buy a Fri-Sun bracket 3 entry for 65 bucks...that's 5 bucks less than to spectate for 3 days !...plus, you get a free tow vehicle pit pass I would imagine, as well as making runs down the track if you want. Very Happy

If it's true, we are going to save 10 bucks. Laughing

Check it out: http://www.nmraracing.com/tickets/event7.php
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  the1969fordguyinky September 25th 2009, 12:40 pm

I'm in. Probably come down friday morning. I usually pit with the other True Street cars behind the starting line. Testing on my new cam install was successful, with the car picking up 3-4 MPH in the 1/8th. Massive slippage from the trans and the 3.50 ring and pinion are keeping me in the low 7s so far... I'll probably put another 3rd memeber together over the winter so I can swap from race to street when needed. As far as the trans I'm pretty sure I need a valvebody. But I get off topic - see you guys in BG!
the1969fordguyinky
the1969fordguyinky

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon September 25th 2009, 3:22 pm

I'm not gonna make it guy's Crying or Very sad . Too many gremlins to whine about. Try to do some testing close to home. Ya'll have a fun/safe time and take lots of pic's.Maybe next year .

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea September 25th 2009, 4:38 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:I'm not gonna make it guy's Crying or Very sad . Too many gremlins to whine about. Try to do some testing close to home. Ya'll have a fun/safe time and take lots of pic's.Maybe next year .

Ahhh Come one Tricky Ricky. It won't be the same without you, Sooz and Jack What a Face
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller September 26th 2009, 1:40 am

Alan,
I thought that was either trees or a wooden roller coaster.

Rick,
It sucks you can't make it,let me know how your car runs when you get it to the track.

Damon,
Go get em next weekend,was your problem really your throttle setup?If we would of known that i could have helped you get that Pony running in Columbus.

Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next