BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This guy lives in the old Packard plant

+2
jbozzelle
Mike R
6 posters

Go down

This guy lives in the old Packard plant Empty This guy lives in the old Packard plant

Post  Mike R April 14th 2012, 4:38 pm

Pretty cool http://autos.yahoo.com/news/meet-allan-hill--the-man-who-lives-in-detroit%E2%80%99s-abandoned-packard-auto-plant.html

Mike R

Back to top Go down

This guy lives in the old Packard plant Empty Re: This guy lives in the old Packard plant

Post  jbozzelle April 14th 2012, 6:22 pm

Pretty cool. I drove through Detroit once and remember all the abandoned buildings. Most of the youth today have no clue how industrial the USA was? It's a shame that everything is farmed out overseas because of cheap labor.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

This guy lives in the old Packard plant Empty Re: This guy lives in the old Packard plant

Post  billandlori April 14th 2012, 8:47 pm

That's for sure, I am delivering wood for grinding to the old Bethlehem Steel Mill in Lackawanna NY. I was doing some reading about it today and the place used to have 20,000 employees!! Now its just old steel buildings rusting away. Its sad to see all the old factories just closed down and falling apart.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  GaryS April 15th 2012, 9:11 am

You're missing the point! This is every guys dream! To live in a never ending garage!! My father-in-law worked at Packard so I always make sure and eyeball the place everytime I go by. This is NOT square feet...this is acres of garage. My bucket list would be complete. I tour an empty industrial building almost every month just looking for the right one that I could afford.
GaryS
GaryS

Back to top Go down

Post  D's557BBF April 15th 2012, 10:11 am

When I get off work today I'm going over there to kick it with him. I need some stuff welded up, my sister (retired Detroit police) has always told me a man was living over there. She said he is protected by the gang in that neighborhood. He is off limits....
D's557BBF
D's557BBF

Back to top Go down

Post  GaryS April 15th 2012, 10:28 am

D's557BBF wrote:
When I get off work today I'm going over there to kick it with him. I need some stuff welded up, my sister (retired Detroit police) has always told me a man was living over there. She said he is protected by the gang in that neighborhood. He is off limits....
It's really great that you 'network' with him. My first thought when I saw him setting there in the picture was the only thing missing was a gun. It's great that the gang accepts him but another example of the lawless making the laws.
I wish him the best!!
GaryS
GaryS

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno April 15th 2012, 11:07 am

cool dude !!!!

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down