BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

73 jet

3 posters

Go down

73 jet Empty 73 jet

Post  460bronco May 2nd 2012, 11:57 am

Hey Steve,

I'm very new to nitrous systems, but am very interested! I read the sticky above where you discussed solenoid orifice size and what size jets they can supply and found that pretty interesting. The question I have now is: What is the importance of the 73 jet used in your flow tool? I guess what i'm asking is, why did you choose that jet?

Thanks in advance,
Jon
460bronco
460bronco

Back to top Go down

73 jet Empty Re: 73 jet

Post  yellowhorse7 May 2nd 2012, 12:47 pm

460bronco wrote:Hey Steve,

I'm very new to nitrous systems, but am very interested! I read the sticky above where you discussed solenoid orifice size and what size jets they can supply and found that pretty interesting. The question I have now is: What is the importance of the 73 jet used in your flow tool? I guess what i'm asking is, why did you choose that jet?

Thanks in advance,
Jon

Go to the IS website and read the section below. Should help......

http://www.induction-solutions.com/twocents.htm

Fwiw I as well as many others always flow my PLATE KIT with the fuel jet that I'm going to be spraying. With a fogger it gets a bit more technicle and the 73 jet is a common reference point. Steve will chime in and give you the scoop though.
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  460bronco May 2nd 2012, 3:43 pm

Thanks YellowHorse!

That's what I was thinking. For a fogger this is just a reference point, but for say a single stage plate kit, you should use the fuel jet that you'll be using on the car to get your fuel pressure spot on!

Thanks again,
Jon
460bronco
460bronco

Back to top Go down

Post  Induction-Solutions May 7th 2012, 3:08 pm

Thanks guys for checking out my info. I honestly did not start the .073 jet deal. I was taught this back when I first started playing with nitrous. It was not untill I built my flow bench and started really watching and measuring the nitrous to fuel ratio's that I ever figured out what was going on in these systems. Once I saw the real numbers and looked at the big picture, I then understood all better..

I always use the .073 on direct port OR plates. Most factory jetting is off far enough it won't make or break either way. Here's another little test I did one day to..

Set the baseline on the regulator @ 6.00 PSI thru a .073 jet.

Then I went down 20 numbers to a .053 (smaller hole creates a little more back pressure) and it read 6.25 PSI.

Then I went up 20 numbers to a .093 (larger hole creates less back pressure) and the gauge read 5.75 PSI.

Then went to a .020 and it read 6.5 PSI, and back up to a .123 and it read 5.5 PSI...

As I have told many others this is another reason to not change the flow jet. Or also why it's really not a big deal what you flow through as long as you stay with it.. Basically .020 numbers is only a .25 of a PSI... But it does change !!

Brooksville, Fl. 34604
Shop 352-593-5900
Cell 815-341-8853
www.InductionSolutions.com
Induction-Solutions
Induction-Solutions
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

http://www.InductionSolutions.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content