BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whistling Sound @ Low RPM after Plate system was installed

4 posters

Go down

Whistling Sound @ Low RPM after Plate system was installed Empty Whistling Sound @ Low RPM after Plate system was installed

Post  OldRed70 May 15th 2012, 11:03 am

Maybe you Guys can answer my Questions ?

Question #1
I installed a NOS super powershot plate system on my 460 , Spraying 125 shot with WOT switch . I used a 1" spacer then the nos plate then my QFT 850 DP carb all sitting on top of Edelbrock RPM Air Gap Intake , And now I have a whistling sound @ low RPM's Very annoying and can't seen to find it ....... Changed all the gaskets, checked all hoses and plugs for leaks.

Question #2
Do I need the extra 1" spacer between intake and the NOS plate ?
OldRed70
OldRed70

Back to top Go down

Whistling Sound @ Low RPM after Plate system was installed Empty Re: Whistling Sound @ Low RPM after Plate system was installed

Post  bruno May 15th 2012, 11:24 am

mine is set up as follows , intake,gasket,big shot plate, gasket ,jomar 1" spacer , gasket, carb

could it be air flowing over the bars ?

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Whistling Sound @ Low RPM after Plate system was installed Empty Re: Whistling Sound @ Low RPM after Plate system was installed

Post  OldRed70 May 15th 2012, 8:54 pm

Kinda thought that too.
My setup is intake , gasket, 1" spacer , gasket , NOS plate, gasket , then Carb.
May try to swap them and see what that does.
OldRed70
OldRed70

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno May 15th 2012, 9:04 pm

and im sorry i dont have a spacer i have a power cone ...my bad

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett May 15th 2012, 11:39 pm

bruno wrote:mine is set up as follows , intake,gasket,big shot plate, gasket ,jomar 1" spacer , gasket, carb

could it be air flowing over the bars ?

Same setup I have, no issues so far.

OldRed, what kind of spacer are you running that you put it under the nitrous plate? Everywhere I've seen it's better to put it right at the intake with any additional spacers above that. If it's a 4 hole, then you are probably hearing the air going over and around the gap between the carb and the 1" spacer as Bruno said.
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 May 16th 2012, 12:33 am

Jimmy steping up for some 10s Suspect
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  OldRed70 May 16th 2012, 12:24 pm

Jim
When you headed back to the track for some T-N-T ?
Would like to see you run some 10's
OldRed70
OldRed70

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 May 16th 2012, 11:03 pm

Jimmy I ran a 10.86 letting out after the 1/8 mile mark Laughing I got to much gear for the 1/4 but I am moving the rev limit up 200 more rpms and crossing my fingers she stays together bom looking to see if it run some 10.50s or 10.60s. letting out when I hit the rev limit Suspect i don't know when I will get to the track they tnt on fridaynight night I don't get off until 10 pm on friday but it ready to run if I can get to the track
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down